Old 04-07-2013, 03:56 AM   #1
Pawl
Human being with feelings

Default Weird issues with reamote

Hello everybody!

The VST's I am currently using on my projects are frying my pc which is why I decided to give reamote a try. Unfortunately it doesn't work as good as I've expected it to be. I really hope that you can help me out.

There are two very anooying issues: If I have an empty track with some reamote effects in it reaper crashes as soon as I put an audio file in there.
If that track already got audio in it before I add those reamote effects everything seems to work fine. Obviously that's very uncomfortable to work with...

Additional to that no metering within a VST's GUI loaded via reamote is working anymore. That's pretty annoying because for example I can't see the gain reduction in compressors or limiters anymore etc.

Is there any solution for that?

Looking forward to some great comments. Thank you very much!

Pawl
Pawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #2
James HE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawl View Post
If I have an empty track with some reamote effects in it reaper crashes as soon as I put an audio file in there.
If that track already got audio in it before I add those reamote effects everything seems to work fine. Obviously that's very uncomfortable to work with...

Pawl
A shot in the dark, Right click on the track. Under "track performance options" select the option to Prevent Media buffering.

Also try checking "prevent anticipative FX"
James HE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:02 AM   #3
Pawl

Thanks for your message!

I am currently waiting for a new crossover cable. As soon as it arrives I will try your suggestions, I hope they work.
Pawl is offline   Reply With Quote