Old 10-06-2016, 03:43 PM   #1
niquedegraaff
Human being with feelings

Default Move Label of track to bottom in mixer

Hi,

I've tried a lot of things but I'm unable to find how I can reorder the items on the standard mixer panels. All I want is that the label of the mixer sits at the bottom of the mixer, not in the middle where it is really hard to spot.

In the theme's config I found the tcp order section, but I want to order mcp. There is no such section. Yes, at the strip Layout but copying didn't work.

I also tried to color the background of the track's label to match the given track color but without result. On the official WALKER page it states that the last 4 digits should determine the background... but it doesn't. Nothing happens.

Last edited by niquedegraaff; 10-06-2016 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Added image
niquedegraaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 03:56 PM   #2
Fergler

Iirc you need to set it's alignment to the bottom and set it's width the same as the MCP width.

For colour, you maaay be out of luck there since it's an image file but I don't remember how that stuff works.

I found Walter too confusing and the only theme I wanted to make put the meters behind all the buttons, which isn't possible so I gave up.
Fergler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 03:58 PM   #3
niquedegraaff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergler View Post
Iirc you need to set it's alignment to the bottom and set it's width the same as the MCP width.

For colour, you maaay be out of luck there since it's an image file but I don't remember how that stuff works.

I found Walter too confusing and the only theme I wanted to make put the meters behind all the buttons, which isn't possible so I gave up.
Doesn't the 'front' command exactly that?

Alignment to bottom? How? When I do this, the label disappears
Code:
set mcp.label                            + [0 mcp.recinput{h}] [0 38 83 22 0 0 0 1]
  set mcp.label.margin                   [4 0 4 0 0.5]
  set mcp.label.color                    ?recarm [255 255 255] [184 184 184]
The pan section is also waay to big. I don't understand why they did this.

Last edited by niquedegraaff; 10-06-2016 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-07-2016, 04:37 PM   #4
xpander

Quote:
Originally Posted by niquedegraaff View Post
Alignment to bottom? How? When I do this, the label disappears
Same as for the track number [....0 1 0 1]. Notice that the track idx (track number) is set to [31 352 20 18 0 1 0 1]. I'd think you'll have to change the second parameter (y-axis position) of your track label closer to this if you really want it down below the meter.

When you move the track name to the bottom, there are of course plenty of other things you'll have to move also. Namely, everything that is between the old and new track label position. Default theme doesn't have the easiest code for these changes. You might also have to edit the track name background image, mcp_namebg.png, to make it sit better in the new location.

Finally, many of these changes have to be done to every mixer panel layout which share the same settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niquedegraaff View Post
The pan section is also waay to big. I don't understand why they did this.
When you set the pan mode to Stereo or Dual pan, there's hardly too much space in there.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 08:29 PM   #5
niquedegraaff

Without reading the above, I managed to put the label on the bottom this morning. For now I don't touch any png file. Once I found out the 'pattern' of WALTER I got it fairly easy done. Yes I had to move a lot of other objects up.

Thanks for the reply though.
Old 02-07-2017, 06:46 AM   #6
bourzia

any chance you could post how you did this?
bourzia is offline   Reply With Quote