Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 07-22-2014, 07:00 AM   #1
Pook2000
Human being with feelings

Default 2 issues - A save issue and a stutter issue.

Hi,

I recently updated to the latest version of Reaper and whilst I can't attribute what's happened to it the issues only arose after I updated. Could very easily be coincidence.

So the first issue I had was this and one I hope to avoid in the future if possible. I had a project saved and was overwriting it incrementally as one does with 'ctrl + s' and then on one occasion I received the prompt, 'Save Project As'. So I scratched my head and saved it (thinking I shouldn't have received this prompt) and I was then asked did I want to overwrite the original and I said yes. Then it went and created a new sub-folder in the original project folder and that's where the new save is. And yes I have create new sub folder checked but I still shouldn't have received the 'save project as' prompt for a normal save. Not sure what happened but if anyone's any suggestions on how to avoid this in future I'd be most grateful.

These are all only test projects whilst I'm learning reaper but when I get to 'Project Main' in the coming weeks I'd prefer to keep things neat and avoid such anomalies

The second issue I encountered was one of stutter. Everything was fine until I installed the update and now I'm getting random drop outs, just for a sec or two and then it continues. Baffled by this. I'm saving to an external HD BTW. Something to do with the buffer size? I try to just use the 'recommended' settings where possible to avoid as little yo-yo-ing as possible.

Any help/thoughts as always would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

P.
Pook2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:31 AM   #2
DarkStar

1 That sounds like you were saving into a different folder on disk. Have a look around the folders in Explorer / Finder. but next time, I would just Cancel it and try again.

2 Reinstall the old version "over the top" of the current install to see if the stutter now occurs there. You can always reinstall the latest version later.

Earlier versions are here: http://www.cockos.com/reaper/download-old.php
Old 07-22-2014, 10:10 AM   #3
Pook2000

Thanks Dark Star.

Yes good point, will do that in future. Not sure what happened really or if I even did cancel it because I was so distracted with what I was working on. But the fact it's not an issue for others it seems is reassurance enough it was something simple.

Just ran the track through there and all was okay. It just seems to happen in the middle of work, adding/subtracting plugins etc so perhaps it's got something to do with the CPU and speed etc. Will see how it goes.

Thanks for pitching in. Helpful!
Old 07-22-2014, 11:21 AM   #4
serr

The shortcut for 'save as' is shift-command-S. Maybe you still had the shift key held down from the last thing you did and inadvertently did that? It's something I'd do to myself anyway...
serr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:10 AM   #5
Pook2000

Hi Serr, I didn't know that was the shortcut for 'save as' and I'm using a wireless keyboard so I could very easily have pressed both together whilst in an odd position. In fact it's probably likely!

Nice one! Thanks!!