Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 10-29-2014, 03:12 AM   #1
DarkStar
Human being with feelings

Default Changing numbers of slots in S&M.ini

This may be a bug, I'm not sure yet.

If I change the number of slots in the S&M.ini file, new actions are generated handling those slots. So far so good.

Here I changed
Code:
S&M_TRACKFXCHAIN=10              ; Resources - Paste (replace) FX chain to selected tracks, slot n
S&M_PASTE_TRACKFXCHAIN=10    ; Resources - Paste FX chain to selected tracks, slot n
from 8 to 10

... Big pic: https://i.imgur.com/Ab6ozjF.png

And, as you can see the additional Actions were listed in the Actions List.

BUT, other Actions were given different Cmd Ids. Aaargh - what happens to my menus / toolbars / Custom Actions that were using those Actions (they are all referenced by Cmd Id, aren't they)?
Old 10-29-2014, 05:19 AM   #2
gofer
-blänk-

It should be alright. If they refer to custom/, extension actions or scripts, they must be referenced by the Custom ID string, which is unique. Otherwise they could potentially get screwed up each time you import a script or create a custom action.
If ReaScripts which trigger custom or extension actions are written badly, they may reference CmdId directly and be hosed.
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 05:38 AM   #3
DarkStar
Human being with feelings

Thank you - you could well be right.

Here the extension Actions start at 53000 and the CmdIds are all shown in (...) in the Action List. I'll guess that (...) means dynamic assignment of CmdId.

The only other Actions after the extension ones are my Custom Actions, also dynamically assigned (and the No-Op action, at 65535) and they are referenced by name, not Cmdid.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:04 PM   #4
gofer
-blänk-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
Custom Actions, also dynamically assigned (and the No-Op action, at 65535) and they are referenced by name, not Cmdid.
If by name you mean the custom ID string (not the clear name) then that should be right. You can change the clear name of a custom action that is assigned to a toolbar button and the button will still work after the change.

While trying that ^^ I noticed that the button's tooltip will not change when you edit the action's name. And if it's a text button, the text won't update as well. Another nit to pick
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote