CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 03-15-2016, 09:38 AM   #1
CBJ
Human being with feelings

Default Drivers in Sonar

Hi there

Recently I purchased editing software for my 2Box digital drum set from a company called Lustark http://lustark.com/sdse & they include a link to the latest free demo version of Reaper. It is my understanding that Reaper was required & necessary to render the wave files that the utility was designed to extract from the various virtual drum software packages that I own such as Toontrack, Steven Slate, & BFD Drums etc.!

After installing Lustark & Reaper I now have a list of Input / Output drivers that appear in my Sonar 8.53 & X3 DAW as additional audio Input / Output routing options.

#1, Can you people tell me what they are doing there?
#2, Are these dtrivers used to transfer the extracted audio files in to Sonar?
#3, How can I get rid of all these entries? (Assuming they are not required by the Lustark software).

This is now really messy to say the least. I don't use any other software other than Cakewalk since the Windows version was introduced in the early 90's. I wanted to be an expert in this field & decided early on to focus on one program & not jump around spending my time playing around with the various offerings such as Cubase, & Nuendo or any recent releases such as Reaper etc.. Back then they were all designed to be audio production tools that were capable of performing recording studio functionality so it seemed logical that I support our American developers rather than the European faction at that time.

If Lustark only uses one part of your software is there a way of stripping out what I don't require? I find it difficult to navigate through your software because the lettering & fonts are far too small & the drop down menus contain overly long lists of tools & routines that Reaper performs. It seems like there are so many shades of Grey I can't differentiate one section from the next & bring up what I need to get the job done. My eyesight has been slowly deteriorating over the years so I apologise profusely as it is not my intention to speak negatively about your product. Perhaps I am simply overly frustrated with having to learn a different routine that I already perform without any issues & now feel like an absolute novice requiring a book entitled "Reaper For Dummies".
Old 03-16-2016, 01:55 PM   #2
ivansc
Human being with feelings

Oops! You posted this in the spam trap rather than the main forum.
It sounds like the company are only providing reaper as a way for purchasers to be able to use their editing software and put the results into a DAW "out of the box" as it were.
Not sure what you are trying to accomplish, but I too own Sonar 8.5.3 and Sonar X3 as well as reaper - just prefer Reaper for 99% of what I do.
I don`t think there is much point you spending the time to set up reaper so you can use it if you are happy with what you are already using.
You shouldn`t need anything from reaper to use their editing software.

I would get back to the vendor and ask them how you are supposed to use the software in a DAW.

If you get stuck, this is the user forum for Reaper, but folks on here are very knowledgeable and helpful.
Good luck

EDIT: Had a quick peek at their site and this seems to be the most relevant part, which does indeed appear to back up what I said above:

"Can also be used without REAPER or a VST to quickly build .dsnd files from existing .WAV files using DSoundTool."

You need to talk to them. Might have been a good idea to do that before actually buying the software, since there IS a demo version available to try.