Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 03-03-2010, 07:58 PM   #1
357mag
Human being with feelings

Default Using Reaper to touch up songs and rendering

What I've been doing lately is using Reaper to touch up some recordings. For instance some recordings are too bassy sounding so I will take all the songs off the disc and load one song at a time in Reaper and then add an exciter to the track to bring back some high end sizzle. Works great.

But if there are say ten songs on the disc then I have to work with one song at a time and I end up hitting the Render button ten times, once for each song.

Gets to be a bit of a nuisance so I was wondering if there is a way to load all the songs into Reaper and after I have added my exciter to all the tracks if I can somehow tell Reaper to render all ten songs individually. I would only have to press say one button and Reaper would take care of the rest.

Or are there other ways of doing this? Like other software?
357mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:03 PM   #2
357mag

Okay I downloaded that auto-rendering tool and I've been experimenting with it. I have a few problems though. The readme file says you must make a loop selection around each song. So I placed my cursor at the beginning of the first song and started dragging the thing to the right but if I have to do this it will take way too long. It will take hundreds of rotations of my trackball and lots of time to highlight even a four-minute song.

Isn't there a way to tell Reaper to go to the end of the track?

And for some reason when I run the auto-renderer it never quits. It gets stuck in an infinite loop and continues to make copies of the tracks.

Okay...tried the auto-rendering tool again and this time I manually highlighted and scrolled through every centimeter of every song to make my loop selection. I could not find a way to do it simpler. Then I hit Shift+R like the instructions directed.

But still does not work. It gets caught in a infinite loop plus when I listen to a song I'm listening to all ten songs combined at the same time. Are you supposed to mute or solo or something?

I don't see how the software can make it so each song is on it's own file. Every time I try this all the songs are playing at the same time. Once I tried just putting in three songs and I had two songs muted. When I got done and listened to the results all three songs sounded like the track that was not muted.

Last edited by 357mag; 03-03-2010 at 11:33 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:46 PM   #3
357mag

Anyone have any experience with using the auto-rendering tool?