Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 01-03-2016, 12:46 PM   #1
Gass n Klang
Human being with feelings

Default OSC / Midi remote: Learn function / action list just works in one direction

Hey guys,
I've spend massive time in locating the errors but I need your help now:
I want to use REAPER as a live mixer that is controlled by a Behringer x32 (with Patrick-Gilles Maillots x32reaper software that works fine) and Lemur. Both use OSC, Lemur also midi. Remote controlling reaper by the x32 works very well, no complications and in both directions(OSC, both x32 and laptop are connected to a router). Midi works well in both directions too, if I just record some Midi notes using the x32 as a midicontroller (there are knobs where you can assign midi commands to). Playing those recorded notes back leads to the expected reaction on the x32. So OSC-connection and MIDI I/O theoretically work perfect I think.

BUT: Using the learn function or the action list I can remote reaper via both midi and OSC just in that direction. Changes in reaper are NOT shown by Lemur and the x32 whether there provably is an existing and working MIDI-connection between reaper and the x32.

Does anybody have a suggestion? Why does Reaper react to commands but not send out any commands when I move "learned" parameters neither midi nor osc?

BTW: I formated my laptop, the problem is still existing.

Last edited by Gass n Klang; 01-03-2016 at 01:09 PM.
Gass n Klang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 05:06 AM   #2
aspiringSynthesisingAlch
Human being with feelings

Default osc (two-way) routing - resolved?

Hi,

Just playing with lemur & spotted your 2-way OSC q...
did you get it working?

re your config I just read

"For two devices to work together (such as REAPER an and OSC control surface device), the user must configure one or both devices to send and receive messages that have meaning for the other device."

"To use an OSC device for basic one-way control input, enable "allow binding messages to REAPER actions and FX learn". This will permit OSC messages from this device to be used as action shortcuts and FX parameter learn mappings, just like any keyboard or MIDI control input."

maybe the latter (enablig 'reaction binding) is overwriting any two-way config?

testing now...
aspiringSynthesisingAlch is offline   Reply With Quote