COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 02-13-2017, 03:42 AM   #1
Tunca
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 89
Default Building AAX (errors)

I'm trying to build AAX but i'm getting lots of error.

All settings are done.

Using Xcode 8.

Base SDK : Lastest macOS (macOS 10.12)
macOS Deployment Target : macOS 10.12

And here is pic...

http://i.hizliresim.com/7796zL.png
Tunca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 06:28 AM   #2
Tunca
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 89
Default

I guess,it's linker issue right?
Tunca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 09:43 AM   #3
Tunca
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 89
Default

I solved error,i guess.Just changed them...

C Language Dialect = C99

C++ Language Dialect = Compiler Default

C++ Standard Library = libstdc++ (GNU C++ standard library)

Now it's ok.
Tunca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 01:13 PM   #4
earlevel
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 164
Default

What base/branch are you using? wdl-ol master doesn't fully support AAX. Oli's AAXParams branch is a lot closer, but not suitable for a product. I have a branch that merges AAXParams, adds missing features, and fixes and completes others.

https://github.com/earlevel/wdl-ol/tree/earlevel

Here's a compare against wdl-ol/master:

https://github.com/olilarkin/wdl-ol/...level:earlevel

Be aware that I target C++11.
earlevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 02:56 PM   #5
Tunca
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlevel View Post
What base/branch are you using? wdl-ol master doesn't fully support AAX. Oli's AAXParams branch is a lot closer, but not suitable for a product. I have a branch that merges AAXParams, adds missing features, and fixes and completes others.

https://github.com/earlevel/wdl-ol/tree/earlevel

Here's a compare against wdl-ol/master:

https://github.com/olilarkin/wdl-ol/...level:earlevel

Be aware that I target C++11.
Thanks for reply!

How can i use your version?

My projects in IPlugExamples folder.I guess i must move my projects and SDK files to your WDL version,right?
Tunca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 07:12 PM   #6
earlevel
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunca View Post
How can i use your version?

My projects in IPlugExamples folder.I guess i must move my projects and SDK files to your WDL version,right?
Right, that would work. Better yet (so that you don't can download future IPlugExamples folders without concern of wiping out your work), a folder named Projects at the same level.
earlevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 08:43 AM   #7
Tunca
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 89
Default

By the way how about VST and AU in your version?They are improved or same with WDL?
Tunca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 12:19 PM   #8
earlevel
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunca View Post
By the way how about VST and AU in your version?They are improved or same with WDL?
Most of my changes are AAX-specific. The fixes that are general:

• ICocoaGraphics: Mouse cursor tracking for Mac (changing cursor to arrow when it enters the plugin window)

• IPlugBase: A quick fix to change the mutex lock to match what the plugin code claims for OnParamChange/OnParamReset

• IPlugBase: Added ProcessBypass method to allow processing during bypass (many reasons that you want processing, even when you aren't listening to it)

• IParam: Fixed integer/bool/enum rounding issues (these cause various problems serious problems in automation and determining value changes)

• IParam: Fixed SignDisplay feature (wasn't using that feature, just noticed that it was broken in the code)

• IParam: Added ability to set an arbitrary parameter conversion function

No AU or VST changes, mainly because I'm not yet targeting those formats. The only issue that I know of in AU that I'll have to address is that you can't tell a plugin's mono/stereo state by checking whether the second input or output is connected. It always looks like both are connected.
earlevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 12:22 PM   #9
Tunca
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlevel View Post
Most of my changes are AAX-specific. The fixes that are general:

• ICocoaGraphics: Mouse cursor tracking for Mac (changing cursor to arrow when it enters the plugin window)

• IPlugBase: A quick fix to change the mutex lock to match what the plugin code claims for OnParamChange/OnParamReset

• IPlugBase: Added ProcessBypass method to allow processing during bypass (many reasons that you want processing, even when you aren't listening to it)

• IParam: Fixed integer/bool/enum rounding issues (these cause various problems serious problems in automation and determining value changes)

• IParam: Fixed SignDisplay feature (wasn't using that feature, just noticed that it was broken in the code)

• IParam: Added ability to set an arbitrary parameter conversion function

No AU or VST changes, mainly because I'm not yet targeting those formats. The only issue that I know of in AU that I'll have to address is that you can't tell a plugin's mono/stereo state by checking whether the second input or output is connected. It always looks like both are connected.
Thanks for info.I will start building AAX.I will use your version.I hope i can do it correctly.
Tunca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 03:13 PM   #10
earlevel
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunca View Post
Thanks for info.I will start building AAX.I will use your version.I hope i can do it correctly.
It requires C++11/C11/libc++. Specifically, the parameter conversion function requires it, but I may have done some c++11-style member initialization as well.
earlevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 03:35 PM   #11
Tunca
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlevel View Post
It requires C++11/C11/libc++. Specifically, the parameter conversion function requires it, but I may have done some c++11-style member initialization as well.
I will see when i build AAX.For now i don't know how to do it.But i will figure it out i believe...

Before AAX i need to fix my AU errors...
Tunca is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.