Old 01-11-2015, 01:49 AM   #1721
Zephyrus
Human being with feelings

EDIT: deleted

Last edited by Zephyrus; 01-11-2015 at 02:09 AM.
Zephyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 09:30 AM   #1722
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
Hi Jeffos. Thanks for the word wrap stuff!

It doesn't seem to work though at the moment.
Activating it doesn't seem to change how it works and text still goes off the screen. (very useful when it will be working though!)

Reaper v4.76
SWS v2.6.0 #0
Just wanted to mention this again since I now came round checking it out and it's the same here.

Also happy when it's going to work.
Thanks.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 10:54 AM   #1723
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by witti View Post
I think there's a bug with the sws zoom tool (marquee).

With the master track visible the selection is off by the height of the master track/tracks divider. So if you zoom with this tool, the bottom of the item is off by exactly this height.

witti
Thanks for the report! As other zoom actions, this will also get fixed for the next build.
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 12:56 PM   #1724
Jeffos
Mortal

Hey everyone,

Due to some repeated confusions between featured and pre-release builds, we are changing download places and rules. Only featured builds will be found on the main website (http://sws.mj-s.com), and pre-release builds can be downloaded elsewhere, more details about that in the brand new "SWS Extension pre-release builds" thread: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=153702.

^ To avoid more confusion, since REAPER v5 is on its way, and since this thread is 44 pages long now, I'm closing it (*) and propose to switch to this new thread instead.

(*) "closing" it temporailry, will re-open it soon...

Last edited by Jeffos; 01-16-2015 at 02:59 PM. Reason: haircut
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 05:22 AM   #1725
syntetic

Thank you for the SWS.

Could you add increase/decrease items rate one cent actions?
It would be convenient for drums pitching, especially if we mix it with this script:Lua script idea (knob in toolbar).
Could be done handy knob or slider in toolbar with info for fast drum tuning i think.

Forgive me for my bad English.
syntetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 05:40 AM   #1726
chumbo

Hi,
Please bare with me, I'm a bit of Reaper newbie but eager to learn! :-)

I'm trying to learn as much as I can about the S&M Cycle Actions, and in doing so, trying to understand the statements it uses.

So, below you'll see this first explanation about the IF and IF NOT, followed by the IF and ELSE I found in an old post in this thread.
Now, I assume it's a mistake but the IF and IF NOT pictures shows an IF and ELSE in the command list and the exact reverse in the following?!

However, there where I'm totally confused is that I can't even really understand what is the difference between the two?? It's seems it's just expressing the same action with different words. It's more the ELSE that is confusing to me...what does it do?

Couldn't the first one have simply been "IF selected tracks are minimized: expand them, IF NOT minimize them otherwise" (instead of ELSE as in the picture?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffos;1090262b
2a) Creating your own "Smart actions"

IF and IF NOT allows you making more intelligent actions, for example let's say we want an action like "if selected tracks are minimized: expand them, minimize them otherwise"
=> a "smart cycle action" doing the job will be:

Notes:
  • Do not forget the "ENDIF" statement!
  • IF or IF NOT statements must be followed by an action that reports a toggle state.
    The action list shows you if an action "reports a toggle state":

Here's a 2nd "conditional macro" or "smart macro" example: if recording: apply layout #1 else: apply layout #2

BTW, this is taken from this post in the thread: http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...postcount=1137

Last edited by chumbo; 02-17-2016 at 06:15 AM.
chumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 01:54 PM   #1727
foxAsteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbo View Post
Hi,
P
Now, I assume it's a mistake but the IF and IF NOT pictures shows an IF and ELSE in the command list and the exact reverse in the following?!

However, there where I'm totally confused is that I can't even really understand what is the difference between the two?? It's seems it's just expressing the same action with different words. It's more the ELSE that is confusing to me...what does it do?

Couldn't the first one have simply been "IF selected tracks are minimized: expand them, IF NOT minimize them otherwise" (instead of ELSE as in the picture?).
Don't get too literal with these terms. IF and IF NOT, check the very next action, ELSE just says what to do when an IF or IF NOT condition is not fulfilled. IF only continues to do something if the action is found to be ON. IF NOT only does something if it's OFF. By using ELSE, you only need one step instead of two. Without else you need two steps with an IF and and IF NOT, or it will do nothing half the time.
Old 02-17-2016, 02:00 PM   #1728
chumbo

Thx a million FoxAsteria, that was very clear and concise! Exactly what I needed. Understood, got it! :-)
chumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 10:10 AM   #1729
lowellben

What scenario would "SWS/BR: Focus arrange window" come in handy and why would someone use it? I can't quite picture what it's intended for in a real world case. Thanks!
Old 06-09-2016, 10:21 AM   #1730
EvilDragon

To run an arrange only action in another context (MIDI editor) using a script or custom action, without needing to assign pass-through key shortcut?
EvilDragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 10:34 AM   #1731
lowellben

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
To run an arrange only action in another context (MIDI editor) using a script or custom action, without needing to assign pass-through key shortcut?
That's what I thought, but then I was confused because of me recently learning about that whole pass-through key shortcut thingy, so this is a more lean way of doing the same thing got it! Thanks ED
Old 06-09-2016, 12:55 PM   #1732
xpander

It's not really a replacement for the Pass through key action in the MIDI editor. It's only available in the Main section of actions. So funnily enough, if you'd be working in MIDI editor and wanted to use this or any other action from the Main section with a shortcut, you would still have to use the Pass through key action for it.

It may be handy for changing the focus while in the Main arrange though, when dealing with actions between different windows. Never used it myself so lack practical examples...somebody else?
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 01:03 PM   #1733
lowellben

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
It's

It may be handy for changing the focus while in the Main arrange though, when dealing with actions between different windows. Never used it myself so lack practical examples...somebody else?
+1