Old 04-10-2013, 09:27 AM   #1201
Jeffos
Mortal

can't confirm here but that is highly probable: there are related updates in #15, my fault :/
please, what is your OS? x64 SWS? can you attach (here or in the sws tracker) your #14 reaper-screensets.ini & reaper.ini? Thanks in advance!
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:00 AM   #1202
witti
Human being with feelings

I did a fresh portable install. Reaper 4.32 / 32bit. WinXP. Latest SWS/32bit.

Tested with the above mentioned windows. All windows open only with their "standard" size and don't remember their docked status.

Last edited by witti; 09-13-2013 at 04:19 AM.
witti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:04 AM   #1203
Reno.thestraws

I don't get the loop command in cycle editor?

How does it work exaclty?

I did some test and it gve me the same resule as a basic custom action?
Old 04-10-2013, 02:24 PM   #1204
Jeffos
Mortal

@mustgroove: as discussed in the "revolver thread", this way of loading templates will work in the next OSX build.

@witti: confirmed! fixed for the next build, THANKS!

@Reno.thestraws (in French following your PM!):

L'instruction "LOOP n" t'évites juste de répéter n fois la même chose. Genre, si tu as un fichier à insérer 16 fois, tu peux faire:

^^ ne pas oublier le "ENDLOOP"

au lieu de 16 fois:

SWS/S&M: Add media file to current track, slot 01
etc..

Note: tu peux mettre un IF dans une LOOP (et inversement) mais pas encore de LOOP, ni de IF imbriqués.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #1205
Reno.thestraws

Merci Jeffos!
Old 04-10-2013, 02:56 PM   #1206
Jeffos
Mortal

Cycle actions, snapshots, "BUG!",.. Snapshots, cycle actions, "FIX!",..
It gets boring, isn't it?

For a change, here's a massive OT about the "D I S G U S T E D" thing above - but that would be OT anywhere, anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Brian Merrill View Post
Thank you Jason, installed!
What I would really need though is a plugin that would prevent me from being such an asshole Any suggestion?
On top of my head, here's a list of the worst e-things I did.. As well as some random thoughts/advices, if that can help any other "asshole" (?)
  • Entering my password in comment fields
    "Semi-public" comment fields, fortunately!
    "Reason for deleting this thread?" -> password "Password?" -> Aww.. Sh*t! "BECAUSE IT'S A SPAM BOT!!! SPAAAAMMM! Will you ask me this Q a billion times or?"
    => My advice to all moderators: do like me, use the string "spam" as a new password, this makes things much faster/easier
  • Posting a very (VERY) hot PM as a public new thread (!)
    => My advice: read button labels
    PM @ Jason: BTW, you know what I'm talking about here haha! Thanks again for what you know..
  • Replying to some PMs like "Sure! Gimme ~2 weeks"
    => My advice: be careful when you reply to the bump PM the guy does 2 years later
    PM @ S&M VST extension users: hang on guys!
  • Replying to some lengthy/thoughtful PMs with empty PMs
    => My advice: make sure you have actually copy/pasted your reply from the notif e-mail before clicking the "Send" button
  • Editing forum users' posts (unintentional click on "Edit" instead of "Quote")
    => My advice: read button labels, again. In other words, read button labels twice.
  • Exactly what happened here: Losing a serious number of posts for various reasons, i.e. losing precious time
    => My advice: Jason's advice, it works.
  • Wasting some precious time in elaborated explanations and then realise 14 posts has been made in the meantime
    => My advice: wait for at least 2 days without any valid feedback to the OP before replying
    Note: I won't drop any username but there are even 2 guys here you WONT beat, ever (ok, some clues: one username begins with "go" & ends with "fer", the other begins with "dark" & ends with "star")
  • Making the perfect tiny English mistake which leads the reader to understand the exact contrary of what I wanted to say
    => My advice: take "advanced" English lessons with an Aussie (and DO NOT get distracted if it turns out he's a bassist and you a drummer)
  • Replying "What you say does not make sense" to a VIP, especially when you have edited what he actually wrote with an epic copy/paste of yours
    => My advice: surgery.
    It's being said women can do up to 7 things at the same time, while us, poor males, are limited to 3. Surfing + coding + writing two e-mails + copy/paste = way too much things for a male brain.
  • Feeding trolls
    => My advice: just report the damn thing, DO NOT FEED, resist the temptation, resist, Resist, RESIST! (<- volume automation)
    Boy. It's hard, I know! Personally, I took me some time to get there, to realise trolls' only goal is to get people upset, to realise any reply will only help them to reach their stupid goal :/
    => Save your time, let the thing die, trolls usually bury their own grave, making fools of themselves posts after posts.
    Another frustating thing with trolls (at the begining) is to see them spreading lies, insults, misinformation, etc.. all over the place without any moderator, or anybody out there to state the truth, or to make them eat their own words, apparently. In these frustating cases, resist, keep in mind "normal" people are just like you, they most probably think the same thing than you ("Obvious troll is obvious"), they are just struggling with temptationq too!

If someone can beat that ^^ feel free to post your own experience, I'd feel less alone!
Old 04-10-2013, 08:08 PM   #1207
foxAsteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffos View Post

If someone can beat that ^^ feel free to post your own experience, I'd feel less alone!
I can't, but that doesn't make your post any less hilarious.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:09 PM   #1208
mustgroove

Thanks Jeffos!
mustgroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:10 AM   #1209
Breeder

Quote:
It's being said women can do up to 7 things at the same time, while us, poor males, are limited to 3. Surfing + coding + writing two e-mails + copy/paste = way too much things for a male brain.
You forgot one important detail - when there is female presence around male this count drops to 1 for us males
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #1210
Big Bob

Default Recursive CAa

Hi Jeffos,

I'm using V2.3.0#16 dated 4-18-13 and I just tried to create a cycle action that calls a previously-defined cycle action (which I thought should now be possible). However, when I try to 'apply' the new CA, I get an error message saying that the new CA cannot be registered because the Command ID '_S&M_CYCLACTION_4' not found.

Yet this CA 4 is present in the list of CAs shown in the CA Editor. Is there some special steps required to have a CA invoke another CA and/or am I just doing something wrong? Or did I misunderstand and CAs still can't invoke other CAs?

BTW Love the new ELSE because it really cleans up a lot of my CAs compared with using IF followed later by IFNOT. Thanks a million for adding this new feature. Now, if I could just get the nested invokation of CAs working ...

Rejoice,

Bob

Last edited by Big Bob; 04-20-2013 at 04:36 PM. Reason: typo
Big Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:55 PM   #1211
musicbynumbers

Hi Tim and Jeffos (and others)

Is this below firewall message what I suspect it is.. That is the sws new OSC stuff asking for access to local network? I just want to make sure I've got that right and haven't downloaded a dodgy vst since it open warns on opening reaper

musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #1212
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
Hi Tim and Jeffos (and others)

Is this below firewall message what I suspect it is.. That is the sws new OSC stuff asking for access to local network? I just want to make sure I've got that right and haven't downloaded a dodgy vst since it open warns on opening reaper

It's update checker, completely harmless You can disable it in Extensions menu under About SWS Extensions
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:11 AM   #1213
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeder View Post
It's update checker, completely harmless You can disable it in Extensions menu under About SWS Extensions
Cool! Just wanted to make sure!
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #1214
Jeffos
Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton9 View Post
Hi,

Thanks for the update.

I did however find one issue regarding this fix..,

* Fixed ~1s delay when switching configs (with the option "Send all notes off when switching configs")

The 1s delay is still present when switching using OSC.

One other thing.., since the Region Playlist now supports 'pause' it would be nice to have a pause button added to the dialog as well as a pause action.

Thank you,
About the Region playlist/pause: may be it isn't clear in the whatsnew but the Region playlist does not need its own pause action/button: since v2.3.0#15, it just obeys the main transport pause - before #15 the region playlist was stopped on pause. Hope this clarifies!

For the (return of the?) "~1s switch bug" : can't repro here but please check your PMs! (test build..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
I just tried to create a cycle action that calls a previously-defined cycle action (which I thought should now be possible)
Yes, it should... er.. fixing, thanks!
Quote:
BTW Love the new ELSE because it really cleans up a lot of my CAs compared with using IF followed later by IFNOT. Thanks a million for adding this new feature.
Ha ha! Well, thank YOU for pointing out this "must have" Bob!

Last edited by Jeffos; 04-22-2013 at 11:39 AM. Reason: French
Old 04-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #1215
Big Bob

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bob
I just tried to create a cycle action that calls a previously-defined cycle action (which I thought should now be possible)
Yes, it should... er.. fixing, thanks!
Thanks Jeffos, I shall be awaiting the fix with much eagerness

Bob
Old 04-26-2013, 02:05 AM   #1216
witti

Quote:
@witti: confirmed! fixed for the next build, THANKS!
I'm sorry to say that this bug still exist on my machine.

I finally had the time to upgrade to Reaper 4.40 and SWS 2.3.0.16
and still many windows doesn't remember their size when saving screensets.

(Marker List, Auto-Color, Resources, Cycle Action Editor, Snapshots, Live config ... and maybe many more.)

I didn't change anything (in the Reaper prefs, screensets or elsewhere). Problem started instantly after upgrading to SWS 2.3.0.15.

Reaper 4.40
SWS 2.3.0.16

all 32 bit on WinXP.

Last edited by witti; 04-26-2013 at 02:39 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:16 AM   #1217
witti

Here are again the reaper and screenset inis.

Reaper 4.402/32 bit. Fresh portable installation.

Tested with the sws_2.3.0.14 (working)
and with the sws_2.3.0.16 (not working) version.

Edit: After testing it with the 2.3.0.14 version,
i removed the reaper ini and the screenset ini
and installed Reaper (portable) again
and made a completely new screenset with 2.3.0.16.
(Only saving sws windows.)

Regards

witti

Last edited by witti; 09-13-2013 at 04:19 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:36 AM   #1218
Jeffos
Mortal

Thanks witti! Tim found/fixed something like that (screensets with undocked sws windows) but it is a bit strange.. As far as we can tell this never worked - tested down to v2.3.0.8. However thanks to you and Breeder, the big screenset regression (I have) introduced in 2.3.0.15 is definitely fixed in 2.3.0.16, sorry again about that.

We were holding the new beta release because of this but if you still have screenset issues with it please enter a ticket in the SWS tracker:
http://code.google.com/p/sws-extension/issues/list
TIA!

OT sidenote: dang! it seems I was too honnest here (?) now some members reply to my PMs in public threads, haha!
Old 04-30-2013, 02:38 PM   #1219
Jeffos
Mortal

Default Sharing cycle actions

Refueled! So here's something like the "doc" I've lost about Cycle Actions, would be too long for the whatsnew...

It deals with sharing cycle actions and the new command "Explode into individual commands":
I have added this in v2.3.0 #14 because I see some people sharing their Cycle Actions (and that's great!) but they are often based on other macros, console custom commands, etc..
Sharing such Cycle Actions is complicated because you have to share other files = extra hassle for other users.

Now, to share your Cycle Actions you just have to export a single file where all CAs have been "exploded":

When do I need to explode what?

Easy. Since v2.3.0 #14, when clicking the button "Apply", a warning messages shows you the commands you should (*) explode, example:
Code:
Warning: 'Cycle toolbars', section 'Main'
This cycle action has been registered but it could be improved
Details: the command ID '_853ed88bb3db144e88cf01d639b67962' cannot be shared with other users
Tip: right-click this command > 'Explode into individual actions'
You will see this new warning message for:
  • Cycle Actions based on macros (aka "custom actions")
    => solution: explode those macros into individual actions
  • Cycle actions based on other Cycle Actions (which is now possible, since v2.3.0 #14 too)
    This was one of the reasons of old limitation: once imported on someone else's PC/Mac, Cycle Actions' IDs are broken
    => solution: explode "children" Cycle Actions
  • Custom ReaConsole commands
    You would have to export a file reaconsole_customcommands.txt (and pray other users would not have created this file as well).
    => solution: explode ReaConsole commands
Of course, you can select all the commands of a Cycle Action, and explode everything in one go

(*) Just a warning, it is optionnal!
If you do not plan to share your Cycle Actions (or to move on a new PC/Mac at some point, etc..), you do not need to obey this message, actions will work on your PC/Mac.

Last edited by Jeffos; 05-01-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:46 PM   #1220
witti

Quote:
We were holding the new beta release because of this but if you still have screenset issues with it please enter a ticket in the SWS tracker:
http://code.google.com/p/sws-extension/issues/list
Will do !

Thanks for all your efforts !
Old 04-30-2013, 07:37 PM   #1221
sws
Code Monkey

New prerelease build v2.3.0.17 is posted on the Google code site. Changelog is too big to post here!
sws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:00 PM   #1222
Anton9

Support special macros using actions like "No-op", "Wait n seconds before next action", etc..

This is nice.., thank you.
Anton9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:56 AM   #1223
Reno.thestraws

Great Guys!

I noticed something weird with new custom bookmark

I can't import keymaps or mousemap from the window (drag, or dbl click)

I can create the bookmark and load it the file but I can't import them!

I think it could be a real improvment for workflow (see issue 492).

And thanks again for your work! It's Awesome
Old 05-01-2013, 09:21 AM   #1224
Reno.thestraws

Default Oh my god!!!

Extremly useful while recording!
Old 05-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #1225
Big Bob

Hey Jeffos,

I'm very happy to see that recursive CAs are now working in #17. This will be very useful for me in several ways. Among other things, there is now a reasonable way to construct fancy compound conditionals and/or nested IFs. Many thanks for this update.

Now if we could only come up with an optional way to exclude custom macros from the undo queue. Tod posted it as a Reaper feature request but, so far, it hasn't received much support. Too bad the API doesn't provide the means to do it 'from the outside'.

Again, thanks a million for recursive CAs and ELSE

Bob
Old 05-01-2013, 05:12 PM   #1226
Tod

Quote:
Now if we could only come up with an optional way to exclude custom macros from the undo queue. Tod posted it as a Reaper feature request but, so far, it hasn't received much support. Too bad the API doesn't provide the means to do it 'from the outside'.
The link is at the bottm of my Sig so yes, by all means, please vote.

I really think the more we're able to do with macros and cycle actions the more this is going to become a problem.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:44 PM   #1227
pattste

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws View Post
New prerelease build v2.3.0.17 is posted on the Google code site. Changelog is too big to post here!
Are you planning a "stable" release soon?
pattste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:41 PM   #1228
XITE-1/4LIVE

It's great to see Big Bob helping out. Especially if Reaperites use Kontakt.
This is a great addition to the forum.

Mercy...
Old 05-01-2013, 11:05 PM   #1229
Argitoth

Could anyone point me to a guide of using Cycle Actions? such as syntax and available commands? Also, how to use logic statements?
Old 05-01-2013, 11:16 PM   #1230
EpicSounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argitoth View Post
Could anyone point me to a guide of using Cycle Actions? such as syntax and available commands? Also, how to use logic statements?
I can't wrap my head around it either
Old 05-02-2013, 12:43 PM   #1231
Jeffos
Mortal

Thanks for the kind words/feedback!
.. and no BR from witti. phewww that's ok witti?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno.thestraws View Post
Great Guys!

I noticed something weird with new custom bookmark

I can't import keymaps or mousemap from the window (drag, or dbl click)

I can create the bookmark and load it the file but I can't import them!

I think it could be a real improvment for workflow (see issue 492).

And thanks again for your work! It's Awesome
Well, the only (but serious) problem we have in the extension, is that we rely on a 3rd party software called "REAPER" (it is really time we port the extension to S1 and PT!). In other words, and for once, it's REAPER fault! If/when it will accept drag-drop of .ReaperKeyMap/.ReaperMouseMap files from an explorer/finder to the arrange, what you are asking for will work too.

BTW, I see you coming.. Bank of mouse maps, bank of shorcuts..
As explained in the whatsnew, REAPER accepts .ReaperConfigZip drag-drop, so in a fist time, if it was just possible to export a ReaperConfigZip that contains a *single* ReaperKeyMap for ex., we'd got it! (possible but clunky ATM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argitoth View Post
Guys, we release a detailed whatsnew now: Main menu > Extensions > About SWS Extension > button "What's new?"
It's an offline HTML page with lot of details, screenshots, GIF anims, it also points to "documentation" forums posts (like the one I did above), related FRs/BRs in the issue tracker (more details, again), etc..

Here's the online version: http://code.google.com/p/sws-extensi...=whatsnew.html (<- permanent link to the latest version)
Better than nothing but not a real documentation, and no dedicated threads..
Yes, that sucks, I know.

About logic statements and toggle states of Cycle Actions, this documentation post can help: http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...postcount=1136
About the ReaConsole commands, custom "add FX" actions and sending local OSC messages, this documentation post can help: http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...postcount=1179
^^ BTW, this is the kind of useful links you will find in the whatsnew...
Old 05-02-2013, 02:35 PM   #1232
Reno.thestraws

Quote:
Well, the only (but serious) problem we have in the extension, is that we rely on a 3rd party software called "REAPER" (it is really time we port the extension to S1 and PT!). In other words, and for once, it's REAPER fault! If/when it will accept drag-drop of .ReaperKeyMap/.ReaperMouseMap files from an explorer/finder to the arrange, what you are asking for will work too.
Ok Jeffos! sorry! I didn't even try to drag and drop a reaperkeymap in Reaper, I was 100% sure that it was working... just tried it now, and see by myself that I'm dumb!
Old 05-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #1233
Argitoth

Thanks Jeffos! However, I still have questions. For example, is there a way to Loop X number of times, X being the number of selected items?
Old 05-02-2013, 06:53 PM   #1234
Amazed

Eh Jeffos. Thanks for the great updates. Is !MyButtonText still supposed to work on action steps?

I cant get the text on my steps to show on toolbar buttons.

Thanks.
Amazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:21 AM   #1235
witti

Quote:
.. and no BR from witti. phewww that's ok witti?
Had a talk with SWS where i told him what i found out.

On a fresh install, both reaper and sws, all windows (we are talking about) open in the upper left corner, right ?
This is the initial position and size.

Take the Resources window for example.

Case 1:

Open the window.
It opens in the upper left corner, quite narrow in height.
Resize it. (Not reposition it !!)
Close it.
Save a screenset.
Close Reaper, re-open it and load that screenset.
Resource window size has not been saved.

Case 2:

Open the window.
It opens in the upper left corner, quite narrow in height.
Resize it AND reposition it (say to the middle of the screen) !!
Close it.
Save a screenset.
Close Reaper, re-open it and load that screenset.
Resource window size and position HAS BEEN SAVED !

It seems this bug has something to do with the (initial ?) position of the window.
Case2 is working, but when i move the window in this working screenset back to the upper left corner and save that screenset again, next time when i open reaper and load that screenset, the resources window has this bug behavior.

Case1 has still this docker bug.
You can dock the resources window, save a screenset, close Reaper, re-open it, and what you see is that the resource window is not in the docker anymore. Even after loading the screenset.

With some kind of workaround i got the snapshot window working:
Open the snapshot window.
Resize it and position it in the middle of the screen.
Close the window and save a screenset.
Close Reaper and reopen it.
Load that screenset.
Open the snapshot window and position it at the upper left corner (initial position).
Close the window and save that screenset again.

Voilà, the snapshot window remembers it's size.
(Strange enough, you can't do this with the resources window. As soon as you move the window at (or near?) the initial position (upper left corner) the window behaves buggy.)

Reaper 4.402
sws 2.3.0.17
all 32 bit on WinXP.

Sorry for the trouble, but experimenting with all the possibilities caused me some trouble, too.

If i wouldn't be Buddha this bug would bother me a lot !

Is there someone who can confirm all this ?
(Not that Buddha needs a confirmation, but in this case i make an exception.)

Last edited by witti; 05-03-2013 at 02:41 AM.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:23 AM   #1236
Reno.thestraws

Seriously, what are the actions that "REPORT A TOGGLE STATE?"

How can I know the ones that report

Old 05-05-2013, 12:35 AM   #1237
witti

The action list shows you if the action is a real toggle action.
But i don't know if there exist any exceptions.

Last edited by witti; 08-07-2014 at 03:00 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:00 AM   #1238
Reno.thestraws

OK thanks witti!
Old 05-12-2013, 04:26 AM   #1239
ThrashJazzAssassin

Request:

There already exists an action called
SWS: Select tracks with active routing to selected track(s)

Could we have an action that does the opposite?
SWS: Select tracks with active routing FROM selected track(s)

Please
ThrashJazzAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:00 AM   #1240
witti

^^^ +1 for that ! Needed this action several times.

Found some bugs with these actions.

SWS/FNG: Expand amplitude of selected envelope points around midpoint
SWS/FNG: Compress amplitude of selected envelope points around midpoint

and

SWS/FNG: Time stretch selected envelope points
SWS/FNG: Time compress selected envelope points

The first two actions do nothing at all
and the other two actions are totally messing up the envelope.

Reaper 4.402
sws 2.3.0.17
all 32 bit on WinXP.

regards

witti

Last edited by witti; 08-07-2014 at 03:00 PM.