COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 07-14-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
Brennan
hey man

Default DebugPrefs.prc

Per trg's request I'm uploading a copy of DebugPrefs. The main reason to use it that it can (sometimes) show which app actually crashed, and any debug output that app might have left behind. After a crash (and reboot obviously) run it and hit the "Log" button.

Be CAREFUL messing with the other buttons, btw! I don't even know what half of em do, and the other half induce crashes of various kinds. But the "Log" button can be your friend.

Anyway, here's the link: https://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/186633/DebugPrefs-hsCn.PRC
Old 07-14-2009, 10:34 PM   #2
trgeoff
Human being with feelings

thanks basu

its installed, and while I havent had a crash since install, dbp's log file does have a msg re a crash prior to install:

"A reset was caused on.....while running <"unknown aplication">

Fatal Exception"

will keep you posted
Old 07-15-2009, 12:12 AM   #3
trgeoff

same message again after another 'retry' reset
Old 07-15-2009, 02:22 AM   #4
trgeoff

here's another dbp message I'm getting every time I submit a move in my current rcr game with L1. It comes up as a Blue Screen directly after I tap "Go" in the game screen. The screen has a set of options at the bottom, including "Ignore". Ive been tapping on that each time, and the blue screen then disappears, and the move is submitted, and the game ensues, w/o any problems (until next submission).

"FATAL ALERT

VFSDBCache.c, Line 4560, found trailing records after dir sync"

EDIT: I also got the same thing once when games were updating upon launch of wifight

Last edited by trgeoff; 07-15-2009 at 02:26 AM.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:43 PM   #5
Brennan
hey man

Hmm, nice one. According to http://www.opensubscriber.com/messag...m/1856717.html it indicates an NVFS bug. Fun
Old 07-16-2009, 02:22 AM   #6
trgeoff

Another thing that has starting happening in the last few days is that sometimes on retry the screen freezes and the keyboard lights flash on and off. Never seen that before! I need to do a manual reset to get out of it, and there is nothing in the dbp log file.

Getting fully connected in any program (eg snappermail) has been difficult over the last few days (although no freezes/resets). Such problems can be due to changes in the provider's system, or perhaps Real Dice (which Ive only had on for a few days) doesnt disconnect properly?

The Blue Screen on move submission has not reappeared for a while