Old 03-06-2009, 01:07 PM   #1
Colin_D
Human being with feelings

Default strange problem...

I recently bought a presonus firebox And after a lot of research and trial end error I have it working with reaper, minus one little problem. The software mixer seems to pan things the wrong way. For example, when I pan a mono track left or right in reaper or any other app it works as expected, but when I pan with presonus' firebox mixer everything is reversed. Panning hard left results in a hard pan to the right and vice versa. I realize this is most likely a problem with presonus' hardware or software rather than Reaper, but I'm curious to see if there might be some workaround in Reaper. I have registered with presonus' support forum, but I've been waiting for my account to be authorized for some time and there is no response to my e-mails. It doesn't seem to be a problem that too many people have had.

Hopefully someone can help!
Colin_D
Colin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:01 PM   #2
hux

stupid question time:

Have you confirmed you don't have cables crossed up somewhere? Like, in yer amp/monitor chain?
hux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:11 PM   #3
Colin_D

Quote:
Originally Posted by hux View Post
stupid question time:

Have you confirmed you don't have cables crossed up somewhere? Like, in yer amp/monitor chain?
Yeah that was the first thing I thought too. I flipped them around but then it switched everything so that the presonus mixer was correct, but everything else was wrong. I tried dumping the mixer program and reinstalling it but no luck. It's like the mixer app's outputs are reversed.
Colin_D is offline   Reply With Quote