Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 09-17-2014, 03:54 AM   #1
jackcooksonmusic
Human being with feelings

Default Stutters in audio NON CPU RELATED

In two mixes I'm working on, at just one point, a stammer in the audio can be heard, mostly on the vocals and partly on the instrumentation. I solo the vocals, I can't hear it, but when I gradually add more instruments in on solo, it starts again.

It sounds almost like a CPU stammer, but it is not a CPU issue as it comes out when I render an mp3/wav. I'm using ASIO drivers on Windows 7 64bit, with the latest version of Reaper. Anyone have any idea what this could be? It seems to be happening between the bass part and the vocals, so I have a feeling it's clashing of low end vibrato (the bass is double bass).

I've sent the mix to friends and asked them to blind listen and they said they couldn't hear anything until I pointed out what I could hear. Is it probably just a ghost in the machine?

Thanks very much, hope to hear some responses.
jackcooksonmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 10:55 AM   #2
innuendo
Human being with feelings

It might be an artifact produced by 2 tracks that clash sonically at this point of time. You can try moving one of the tracks a few samples in time. If you don't have a plugin that does this (such as PSP MixSync), try googling, there might be some freeware plugins for this. A more difficult way would be to manually move a media item. I wouldn't recommend such manual adjustments unless there is no other choice.
innuendo is offline   Reply With Quote