Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 09-23-2014, 07:28 AM   #1
Greenerpastures
Human being with feelings

Default Focusriste scarlet 2i2 on win 8.1 with reaper

Hi everyone.

Does anyone have the scarlet 2i2 running on windows 8.1

I need to find a usb interface that will run on win 8.1 and
successfully interact with Reaper.

Any advise re scarlet comparability or other such products would be much appreciated.

Regards, John
Greenerpastures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 07:33 AM   #2
markheath

It's not the 2i2, but I've been using my 2i4 with several Windows 8 and 8.1 computers and REAPER for over a year. For the most part it works absolutely fine, but I have had one issue that they still haven't resolved - on two of my laptops when they resume from hibernation, it plays audio too slow (seems like the sample rate has got set way too low), and the unit needs to be unplugged and re-plugged in for it to work properly again.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:51 AM   #3
grayter1

I can't speak to the Windows experience, but I have a 2i2 and 18i20 running flawlessly on a Mac Pro and MacBook Pro. Great interfaces.
Mac Studio M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.6.3 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Kontrol S61 mk3 / Keylab 61 mkII / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection X / UVI Falcon
grayter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 10:44 AM   #4
Greenerpastures

Thanks Mark, and grayter1.

#Re: 2i4, I will look at this item to see if it suits my needs, which are not great at this stage, I need the interface to record pod casts, and further down the road, to record vocals.
And to this end, I plan to use a rode nt1-a, this will give me good audio for pod casts, and its not too bad on vocals either, at least for the money, can anyone see problems with this mic and the focusrite, the rode needs quite a bit of gain, how much gain does the focusrite provide, I ask because though I understand the principle of gain I don't know where the mic spec outlines how much is required, it only states sensitivity, which am presuming is linked to amount of gain required, for example a mic with a sensitivity of - 40 would not do to well on an amp with only -20 max gain, my other choice is the Komplete Audio 6, feel free to comment.
There is a setting in windows, "somewhere", that turns off a feature related to hibernation state, turning this off does not affect hibernation, but it keeps more processes running at a little more expense on the battery end, but its worth it if it resolves the hibernation / slow playback issue.

#Re: a mac setup with Focusrite, a mac or macbook would be my choice too, but for now am stuck with a pc laptop, Its odd too how apple seems to send out their stuff and it actually works as it should yet windows is so temperamental for want of a better word, I bought both my children mac book pros to avoid the never ending windows saga.
Greenerpastures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 11:58 AM   #5
msundh

running 18i8 on win 8.1 no problem so far