Old 09-29-2014, 02:44 PM   #41
karbomusic
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Ok, my best guess: I think you're focusing way too hard on what is a perfectly normal aspect of the guitar. All I hear in that little gap is a bit of finger movement squeak and mmmaybe/possibly a faint after-harmonic on a string (sometimes when lifting fingers off a string we accidentally excite a harmonic on that string), but mainly just the squeak. That sound is a good example of something that recordings of guitars seem to emphasize
Old man story, I'll be brief.

I recorded for years using analog tape, anything from cassette 2-Track, 4-Track, 1/4" 4-Track reel-to-reel, 2" reel-to-reel and so on. I got my first digital machine in the late 90s, a Yamaha MD8. Took it home, made a quick acoustic recording and I've never been so disappointed. All I heard was every nuance that had been masked or deemphasized with tape. I suddenly had to pay attention to stuff when recording that I never had to before. I sensed the same when I heard your earlier samples, as in nothing I heard nothing really wrong with those samples to my ears.