Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 04-29-2017, 05:16 AM   #1
ivansc
Human being with feelings

Default A couple of dumb newbie questions.

I have Kontakt 5 installed and working, but I cant actually remove the standalone fron the application selection bar at the bottom of the screen. When it is minimised, I have the icon for K5 AND an icon for the minimised standalone version. How do I revert to normal select/unselect?
The other one is I only have a 500gb "Server HD" on my mac Mini & would like to install sample libraries (Kontakt and EZ Drummer at this stage) on my second hard drive but Mac OS doesnt seem to want to let me.
I am still on 10.9.5 because I still have to be able to run Logic 9
Old 04-29-2017, 09:33 AM   #2
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
I have Kontakt 5 installed and working, but I cant actually remove the standalone fron the application selection bar at the bottom of the screen. When it is minimised, I have the icon for K5 AND an icon for the minimised standalone version. How do I revert to normal select/unselect?
Are you talking about the app icons in the OSX Dock? If so, not sure about this one or if this might be an 'issue' with 10.9.5.

Quote:
The other one is I only have a 500gb "Server HD" on my mac Mini & would like to install sample libraries (Kontakt and EZ Drummer at this stage) on my second hard drive but Mac OS doesnt seem to want to let me.
Is the second drive also internal? And do you mean you can't choose the second drive as install location?

Maybe this article helps: https://support.native-instruments.c...nal-Hard-Drive

As a side note: you can also move and relocate already installed Kontakt Libraries (if you decide to try to install them to the main drive first): https://support.native-instruments.c...n-the-Computer

Last edited by solger; 04-29-2017 at 09:53 AM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 09:54 AM   #3
rangerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
is your drive formatted to mac os extened

usually to remove you icon you drag the icon to the trash can
rangerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 01:38 PM   #4
ivansc

Thanks guys - I will have a good nose around based on your suggestions Sunday morning.

Have to say I have been playing with Logic9 on it in the meantime & am thus far quite impressed.