Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Old 03-09-2017, 08:06 AM   #41
Mercado_Negro

Default Move envelope points up a little bit: broken

The actions "move selected points up a little bit" and "move selected points down a little bit" are currently broken:

Note: I can't reproduce this in a empty project with a new automation item.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:18 AM   #42
TheWhistler
Human being with feelings

I havn´t messed around with AI that much yet, I am highly interested folowing the development, though.

One thing always confuses/iritates me:
When an AI is positioned to an adjecent "normal" envelope on the same lane, there always seems to be a raw jump in value from the envelope to the AI.
Is this intentional, is this a preference?

I thought there should at least be possibility to get a smooth transition if wanted, right?
TheWhistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 08:21 AM   #43
Embass

Is this normal or a bug? https://goo.gl/JVpbs5
Embass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 08:30 AM   #44
mccrabney

what is the plan for AIs being used in envelopes displayed in media lanes? i have far too many tracks with far too many envelopes to reasonably use "show envelopes in dedicated lanes" without tripling the vertical display size of my projects.

right now it seems i have to show env in dedicated lane in order to create an AI, and then return to env in media lane (my preferred method of working). i then attempt to copy and paste the AI elsewhere but i get that (disruptive) "error pasting" dialog box unless i click the super narrow envelope segment elsewhere on the track.

expected behavior would be that the automation item pastes elsewhere as any item would, without having to retain envelope selection. note that moving the cursor via action does not lose envelope focus - this is why i hope for a mouse modifier to allow us to move edit cursor while single-left clicking elsewhere in an envelope lane (including those that overlap the media lane)

this concerns me, because as i've mentioned i hope to see a time in REAPER when all automation is included in an item, with no envelope active outside of / in between items, so that midi learns are not disabled via active envelope.

when this is the case, pasting envelopes will have to be done via click-control-drag rather than paste action because there will be nothing to grab (since the envelope does not have any points or sections outside of the AIs)
mccrabney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 08:35 AM   #45
mccrabney

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhistler View Post
I thought there should at least be possibility to get a smooth transition if wanted, right?
check preferences/automation: underlying envelope settings

this is where i hope to see "encapsulate all envelope activity in AI, disable envelope where AI is not present"
mccrabney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 11:38 AM   #46
bFooz

If there were AI takes and some clever automation recording within AI boundaries plus some API, we could have full curve automation preview.
bFooz is offline   Reply With Quote