Old 04-22-2016, 10:42 PM   #1
RCJacH
Human being with feelings

Default Vocal Recording & Mixing Template

Vocal Recording & Mixing Template

By RCJacH

Download here @
https://stash.reaper.fm/v/27327/Vocal...y%20RCJacH.rar

Please tell me if there's any issues or anything you would like to include in the template, thank you.

Since I realized that not HTML code is available, I'll post the link to the original article with full explanation on how to use this template @
http://rcjach.lofter.com/post/1d452e62_aa6a591

Vocal Recording & Mixing Template by RCJacH is a REAPER template for recording and rough mixing lead vocal and vocal harmonies against an instrumental track, including native functional FXs (with a few JS effects) on each track with track controls directly visible on the mixer.

This template works the best with the default reaper themes. All dynamic related FX are designed to work around signals that are recorded with RMS level of -20dBFS.

There are four Screensets that are available through the Screenset/Layouts under View Menu. Each loads a different set of track views, serving four different purposes, listed below:

1. Recording Lead Vocal

2. Recording Vocal Harmony

3. Mixing Lead Vocal Tracks without Harmony Tracks

4. Mixing Lead Vocal Tracks with Harmony tracks

Also, on each vocal harmony group bus and the MMO tracks, there is one instance of ReaEQ labeled as DuckEQ. This FX is for automating EQ frequencies based on the loudness of the Lead Vocal, using parameter modulation, to avoid frequency clashing to a certain extend without compensating the overall tonal balance of the original track. However, feel free to bypass or delete this effect if you are using a more traditional approach.

The track Lead Vox and Backing Vox are for monitoring output levels on the mixer.

Feel free to add more tracks for your creative purposes.

Listen to my A Capella song, A Quest for Vocal Harmony, composed and produced specifically for and with this template @ http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=1672763

RCJacH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 04:48 AM   #2
OpIvy

My successful vocal recordings to date have been the result of luck and hacks so I'm certainly going to try this even though it looks over my head.

Q's may follow....
Old 04-23-2016, 06:31 AM   #3
ivansc

Welcome to the forum and many thanks for this. Looking forward to exploring.
Old 04-26-2016, 03:10 AM   #4
RCJacH

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpIvy View Post
My successful vocal recordings to date have been the result of luck and hacks so I'm certainly going to try this even though it looks over my head.

Q's may follow....
Feel free to ask any questions, as I may have forgotten some important elements to include.
There is a limiter FX on the vocal recording tracks, some people may find it easier to sing when hearing compressed input, while some other people may find the compressor an interference since it kills the natural dynamics. So feel free to experiment the FX on/off control to see what you feel better with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Welcome to the forum and many thanks for this. Looking forward to exploring.
Thank you! I've been lurking around for few years, and after posting I do experience personally that the forum has a very friendly environment.
RCJacH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 10:07 PM   #5
upside24

Default problem opening file

Hello. I just downloaded your Template, but I am unable to open the .rar file type. Any advice is appreciated.
upside24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 06:05 AM   #6
dmoss74

Quote:
Originally Posted by upside24 View Post
Hello. I just downloaded your Template, but I am unable to open the .rar file type. Any advice is appreciated.
http://www.rarlab.com/
dmoss74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 04:32 PM   #7
TonE

You seem to be a genious, thanks a lot. Especially your beat reapeat jsfx looks very useful, did not try it yet, but I am sure it will just work, as you described. Wonderful, thanks for sharing of of these.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote