Old 04-24-2017, 03:07 PM   #1
tgnemecek
Human being with feelings

Default Autosave ONLY in another folder

Hey, I'm trying to set up my autosave in reaper but it can't seem to do what I want.
I want my project folder without any autosaves, and I want reaper to save every 5 minutes in another folder.

Reaper is saving in the external folder as I want and that's great, but its also making an additional file in the project folder and that's the issue here.

I THINK in the past I made this work but I'm not having the same luck this time.

I've watched the autosave tutorial from The Reaper Blog, and I've tried changing the settings but I'm always getting the autosave file in the project folder.
(this is an issue for me bc I often change the project name, so this single autosave file will start adding up everytime I make a new 'save as')

Can you help? Am I that dumb?
tgnemecek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 02:14 AM   #2
bFooz

In Preferences->Project, there is a check box saying "Save to timestamped file in project directory". Unchecking this could do what you want.
bFooz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:20 AM   #3
tgnemecek

Thanks bFooz, but I've tried that and it is actually unchecked at the moment and Reaper still saves it in the project folder...
Old 05-04-2017, 08:33 AM   #4
tgnemecek

Solved: I'm posting here the solution because it might help someone.

After changing all settings and testing I found out that you need to uncheck "When overwriting project file, rename old project to .rpp-bak"

For some reason I didn't think it was duplicating because of the overwrite, so I kinda ignored this option. It does work though.