Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Old 03-15-2017, 10:15 AM   #41
Xenakios
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
^^ this is too much
Seriously, master rate AI?
Why not? (It is nice for making some nice sound mangling...) Besides, it did already work in some recent pre-release version...And it does actually still work here in pre12.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:56 AM   #42
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenakios View Post
Why not? (It is nice for making some nice sound mangling...) Besides, it did already work in some recent pre-release version...And it does actually still work here in pre12.
Master rate AI is useful for sound design too when creating sounds within subprojects
Old 03-15-2017, 10:56 AM   #43
mpl

I think it is better to start with AI stable as possible for basic contents (track/fx/take envelopes), then after user response on release extend to some additional stuff like playrate, tempo, send envelopes.
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 12:21 PM   #44
mpl

FR #1: when edit envelope or automation item on edges, snap vertically to each other around 5-10px (optionally, envelope height scaled) to value on the edge (even if there is no point there). This is a request to both edit directions (edit AI: snap ro envelope value on edges, edit EP: snap to AI value on edges).

FR #2 is my old one: allow users to map scripts to drag actions (well, actually I miss FL studio delete items by right drag feature, but it is another song).
Example: stretch common length of selected AI`s insted of stretching every selected AI. Seems possible to write a script (with some Breeder`s mousecontext API stuff) which do the math and stretch selected AI`s after every moving of mouse (so if mouse_x,mouse_y just changed - perform script. ProjExtState and GetMousePosition can theoretically care about storing/loading quick dynamic values for stuff like that).
It is more FR about drag mouse modifiers. Have a look at juliansader scripts in ReaPack - how beatiful to stretch/warp CC`s! But implementation via hidden running script is far from good solution for this. Assighning with drag modifiers waaay better.

Last edited by mpl; 03-15-2017 at 02:01 PM.
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 12:45 PM   #45
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
I think it is better to start with AI stable as possible for basic contents (track/fx/take envelopes), then after user response on release extend to some additional stuff like playrate, tempo, send envelopes.
well, I'm in no rush for it myself so agreed

AI muting and takes would be much more useful right now.
Old 03-15-2017, 12:51 PM   #46
heda

@schwa
this is a new portable installation, and new blank project, and it still happens.
The JSFX is JS: ATK FOA Transform FocusPressPushZoom
from ATK for REAPER version 1.0 beta10 http://www.ambisonictoolkit.net/download/reaper/

But further testing, it only happens to that azimuth parameter! the elevation one for example works ok.
I wonder why that parameter is different in this particular JSFX and if it could affect other JSFX?

gif: azimuth parameter doesn't move in AI, elevation parameter moves ok:
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 01:01 PM   #47
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
But further testing, it only happens to that azimuth parameter!
It's because the JS defines the range inverted (the minimum is higher than the maximum). We'll figure out how to deal with this.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 02:49 PM   #48
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovnis View Post
When I use LFO, right edge point is not visible. When I move it, all points disapear.
I can't reproduce this.
Old 03-15-2017, 02:51 PM   #49
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovnis View Post
you can see a nice bug on the left (when I glue the item)
Can't reproduce this either...
Old 03-15-2017, 02:53 PM   #50
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergler View Post
AI not working on the master playrate envelope
Works here... do you mean you can't create an automation item on that envelope, or it doesn't affect the playrate? The only envelope that can't have automation items is the project tempo envelope.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:01 PM   #51
Fergler

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
Works here... do you mean you can't create an automation item on that envelope, or it doesn't affect the playrate? The only envelope that can't have automation items is the project tempo envelope.
It doesn't affect anything. If I delete (keeping points), everything works fine. It doesn't matter whether I created points and turned them into an AI or vice versa.

edit: Working now, just updated pre properly. Last time I must have forgot to assign the correct folder for portable and it went to C: instead. :P

Muey bueno, great for EDM fx without making a total mess of the tempo
Fergler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 12:49 AM   #52
Outboarder

Thanks for new Automation Item, very useful.

one thing:
Automation Item must override the normal automation to prevent glitches.
because we can't see what's under the AI.

Last edited by Outboarder; 03-17-2017 at 01:29 AM.
Outboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 01:27 AM   #53
Outboarder

When gluing single item ,it has to generate start and end point based on AI's first and last value.

should be:
Old 03-23-2017, 04:15 PM   #54
NextLevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
About the new TrackFX_SetNamedConfigParm(), TrackFX_GetNamedConfigParm(), TakeFX_SetNamedConfigParm(), and TakeFX_GetNamedConfigParm() APIs:

These are designed to allow setting/getting plug-in specific parameters that are not exposed as normal VST-style parameters. The first use of this is for ReaSamplomatic5k, to allow getting/setting the list of sample files.

Lua examples:
Code:
ok, fn = reaper.TrackFX_GetNamedConfigParm(track,fx, "FILE0") -- get first sample filename
ok, fn2 = reaper.TrackFX_GetNamedConfigParm(track,fx, "FILE1") -- get second sample filename

ok = reaper.TrackFX_SetNamedConfigParm(track,fx, "FILE0", fn) -- set first sample filename
ok = reaper.TrackFX_SetNamedConfigParm(track,fx, "FILE1", fn2) -- set second sample filename -- note that FILE0 must exist before you can set FILE1, etc.

ok = reaper.TrackFX_SetNamedConfigParm(track,fx, "-FILE0", "") -- remove first sample (second sample becomes first sample)

ok = reaper.TrackFX_SetNamedConfigParm(track,fx, "+FILE0", fn) -- insert sample (old FILE0 becomes FILE1)

ok = reaper.TrackFX_SetNamedConfigParm(track,fx, "-FILE*", "") -- remove all samples

-- Finally, when the script is finished updating the samples, it should call (this will trigger actually loading the samples from disk, adding an undo point, etc):
reaper.TrackFX_SetNamedConfigParm(track,fx, "DONE","")
If other REAPER plug-ins have parameters that you'd like having script access to, let me know. I suppose having this for JSFX filename-parameters would be handy too.
Justin,

I tried the reaper.SetNamedConfigParm() to open a sample in ReaSamplOmatic5000 and it worked , however my question is, is there a way to make this work with other vsti samplers? I tried a couple but with no success, if possible how about an example.

Thank you
NextLevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 12:11 AM   #55
EvilDragon

You cannot do that with other samplers.
EvilDragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 09:06 AM   #56
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
About the new TrackFX_SetNamedConfigParm(), TrackFX_GetNamedConfigParm(), TakeFX_SetNamedConfigParm(), and TakeFX_GetNamedConfigParm() APIs:

These are designed to allow setting/getting plug-in specific parameters that are not exposed as normal VST-style parameters. The first use of this is for ReaSamplomatic5k, to allow getting/setting the list of sample files.

Lua examples:
Code:
ok, fn = reaper.TrackFX_GetNamedConfigParm(track,fx, "FILE0") -- get first sample filename
ok, fn2 = reaper.TrackFX_GetNamedConfigParm(track,fx, "FILE1") -- get second sample filename

ok = reaper.TrackFX_SetNamedConfigParm(track,fx, "FILE0", fn) -- set first sample filename
ok = reaper.TrackFX_SetNamedConfigParm(track,fx, "FILE1", fn2) -- set second sample filename -- note that FILE0 must exist before you can set FILE1, etc.

ok = reaper.TrackFX_SetNamedConfigParm(track,fx, "-FILE0", "") -- remove first sample (second sample becomes first sample)

ok = reaper.TrackFX_SetNamedConfigParm(track,fx, "+FILE0", fn) -- insert sample (old FILE0 becomes FILE1)

ok = reaper.TrackFX_SetNamedConfigParm(track,fx, "-FILE*", "") -- remove all samples

-- Finally, when the script is finished updating the samples, it should call (this will trigger actually loading the samples from disk, adding an undo point, etc):
reaper.TrackFX_SetNamedConfigParm(track,fx, "DONE","")
If other REAPER plug-ins have parameters that you'd like having script access to, let me know. I suppose having this for JSFX filename-parameters would be handy too.
Is there a way to enumerate the names somehow with the API?

On vacation for the time being...
Meo-Ada Mespotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 08:26 AM   #57
Buy One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meo-Ada Mespotine View Post
Is there a way to enumerate the names somehow with the API?
Won't something like this work?

PHP Code:
repeat
retval
name reaper.TrackFX_GetNamedConfigParm(track,fx"FILE"..i)
name name:match('.+[\\/](.+)')
until not retval 
or not name or name == '' 

Last edited by Buy One; 08-19-2021 at 10:48 PM.
Buy One is online now   Reply With Quote