Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 04-27-2017, 05:08 PM   #81
X. O. Apodo
Human being with feelings

ARA
Multi-touch on included VST's and mixer.
Vectorial GUI
VST 3.5 which include articulation?
https://www.steinberg.net/en/company...11/vst_35.html

Last edited by X. O. Apodo; 04-28-2017 at 09:30 AM. Reason: added mixer
X. O. Apodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 07:17 AM   #82
timboid

IMO native multitouch support would be a big thing.

Some smaller things which are currently possible through workarounds but would be nice to have for workflow:
native support of MIDI feedback
post fader inserts (IMO it's the simplest thing to have, dunno why it's not possible)
timboid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 01:27 PM   #83
drejkee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Sermonne View Post
A ReaSamplomatic5K more POWERFUL !
+1 At least to add filters. The ability to change speed of a sample (stretch) would be great, like in TAL Sampler.
drejkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 07:23 AM   #84
Ozman

ReaSamplomatic5000 or whatever new Sampler...

Pretty much Sampler enhancements.

For me, if I'm not using a synth or a Kontakt lib (articulations), I'm using samplers thrown into a sampler like (TAL Sampler or Kontakt). I've lately used RS5K recently due to the API allowing media items to be placed into RS5K instances. However, there's very much desired in regards to simple usability for the sampler.

All I ask for is
1) Simpler, easily read, Root Pitch (offset) setting (like most samplers)
2) Timestretch/Pitch-shifting based on the available Elastique algorithms.
3) Slicing, and/or importing sliced items from a selection of multiple items (kinda like one of the current script does, but having the sampler's interface have a matured Slicing display and workflow.
4) Maybe an open API for the elements of the sampler, so that skins/themes or even other samplers can be scripted using its resources.

Just a side pondering: I've been really into TAL Sampler and am feeling a bit covetous about its DAC emulations. It stands out from other bit reduction emulations due to its way that it interfaces the bit reduction with its resampling. It can really be heard in its tuning and pitch differences of samples. This is something that is best done at the sampler level (maybe can be done via another plugin that resamples taking MIDI pitch differences from some specific specified reference or something). Anyway, I think that at some point adding...

5) A distortion or resampling section to the sampler, for retro/vintage distortion emulations to be added.

I don't know how complex the bit reduction, saturation, and resampling may be, but if there was a specific processing sequence that allowed for variable distortion algorithms to be added to the resampling would be nice.

Other than those, there may be other Sampler-necessary features that may exist, but I think those features listed have to be a part of the sampler to actually be performed in the optimal way.
Ozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 01:54 PM   #85
ivansc

Vince!!!!!

Tall, dark, handsome in his younger days, great singer good writer and damn can he pick guitar.

Did I mention he does a lot of good charitable work AND writes the odd hit song?

Ah, well.... At least he cant speak English properly like wot I duz.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:40 AM   #86
Travesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozman View Post
ReaSamplomatic5000 or whatever new Sampler...

Pretty much Sampler enhancements.

For me, if I'm not using a synth or a Kontakt lib (articulations), I'm using samplers thrown into a sampler like (TAL Sampler or Kontakt). I've lately used RS5K recently due to the API allowing media items to be placed into RS5K instances. However, there's very much desired in regards to simple usability for the sampler.

All I ask for is
1) Simpler, easily read, Root Pitch (offset) setting (like most samplers)
2) Timestretch/Pitch-shifting based on the available Elastique algorithms.
3) Slicing, and/or importing sliced items from a selection of multiple items (kinda like one of the current script does, but having the sampler's interface have a matured Slicing display and workflow.
4) Maybe an open API for the elements of the sampler, so that skins/themes or even other samplers can be scripted using its resources.

Just a side pondering: I've been really into TAL Sampler and am feeling a bit covetous about its DAC emulations. It stands out from other bit reduction emulations due to its way that it interfaces the bit reduction with its resampling. It can really be heard in its tuning and pitch differences of samples. This is something that is best done at the sampler level (maybe can be done via another plugin that resamples taking MIDI pitch differences from some specific specified reference or something). Anyway, I think that at some point adding...

5) A distortion or resampling section to the sampler, for retro/vintage distortion emulations to be added.

I don't know how complex the bit reduction, saturation, and resampling may be, but if there was a specific processing sequence that allowed for variable distortion algorithms to be added to the resampling would be nice.

Other than those, there may be other Sampler-necessary features that may exist, but I think those features listed have to be a part of the sampler to actually be performed in the optimal way.
Multisample / rex support
Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:45 AM   #87
Travesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpunk_w View Post
Actually I'm not asking for shiny shiny at all, I am asking for a vector based UI because that will work at any resolution and parts could be zoomed for older failing eyes, don't assume everything UI related is about looking pretty, huge mistake!
Since I went above 1080p for my main monitor, this has become something I care about. I definitely think the UI needs a push towards vectors. Reaper can start to look decidedly sketchy at high resolutions
Old 05-03-2017, 09:51 AM   #88
Travesty

I think a node view for FX and parameter modulation would be a big win for me. Also, I'd like a horizontal FX rack with decent generic UI, like in Bitwig and Ableton. Also, nested FX like Bitwig would be ace.

We can do a lot of the things Bitwig can do already in terms of modulation and effects, but it's very difficult to keep track of it all.

Whether we go node based or some other solution, I would like more intuitive visibility of routing, modulation in a project.