Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 10-14-2014, 06:24 PM   #1
Jacos
Human being with feelings

Default Mac, reverb-files- real basic help please

My current task is to learn to use Reaverb. It looks and sounds really good in the Reaper 4 Kenny tutorial- but it seems I have to load some files (impulses? ir files?) to use it.

So I have downloaded files from various recommended sources, including from Voxengo (the ones the Reaper manual suggests to use with their tutorial) and MSM (recommended in a Reaper thread - as they are .wav files I assume Mac can use them?) .

Where/how should I place/install either the MSM .wav files, or the Voxengo IMreverbs(1 thru 4).rar files?

As a side-note, I see all these files are either 32- or 24-bit. Have been hoping to avoid 32-bit as my Reaper 32-bit host seemed to slow things down one night, but I may have been wrong.

Thank you for any really basic help here.
Jacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 11:27 PM   #2
ponk

Not sure about those impulse files, so try starting out by downloading these Lexicon 480L impulse f8les - good stuff. A zip file, doesn't matter where you put it but with your samples makes sense to me - of course, you have to extract the zip. Then, in Reaper, add Reaverb to a track. Click the Add button, select file, and browse to the directory wth the desired reverb impulse. Would suggest turning off "normalize impulse response". Hope this helps!

Last edited by ponk; 10-14-2014 at 11:37 PM.
ponk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 01:32 AM   #3
Jacos

Thank you Ponk. That's really clear and works great - and thanks for the advice to turn off normalizing - a little of that stuff goes a long way, doesn't it
Jacos is offline   Reply With Quote