Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 11-04-2023, 06:31 AM   #1
robotron
Human being with feelings

Default Is it possible to set a relative track position in Realearn?

I'm searching if there's any way to use Realearn to mute/unmute specific tracks underneath the currently selected track.

E.g. mute track 1 down from selected track, mute track 2 down from the selected track, etc.

I can only find ways to select specific tracks by their position in the TCP, name, etc. Is there any way to tell Realearn to target tracks based on their relative position from the currently selected track?

I could use a custom action to just move down the track list and mute/unmute but I want to be able to show their mute status via feedback on my MIDI controller.

EDIT: If this isn't possible then the best workaround (for this and a couple of other uses) could be if there was a script or other method to select next named tracks down from the selected track - e.g. select next track down from selected track containing text "abc". The track selection scripts I've found so far only select the first or all named tracks.

Last edited by robotron; 11-04-2023 at 06:37 AM.
robotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 07:41 AM   #2
foxAsteria

Yes. Choose Dynamic TCP as the target and then put e.g selected_track_tcp_index-1 in the field next to it to select the track before the selected one. Look up "Dynamic" here for more info.
Old 11-04-2023, 09:24 AM   #3
robotron

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
Yes. Choose Dynamic TCP as the target and then put e.g selected_track_tcp_index-1 in the field next to it to select the track before the selected one. Look up "Dynamic" here for more info.
Thanks! Works perfectly.
Old 11-21-2023, 05:17 AM   #4
robotron

Quote:
Do you know if there's any way to use Dynamic TCP to target the parent track of a selected track? I couldn't find any reference to it in the manual so I'm guessing it's a 'no'.
Old 11-21-2023, 08:06 AM   #5
foxAsteria

There are actions to target parent track so something can probably be managed. You can try asking on the main ReaLearn thread, helgoboss is very helpful though I think kinda busy w Playtime 2 atm.
Old 11-22-2023, 03:27 AM   #6
robotron

Quote:
There are actions to target parent track so something can probably be managed. You can try asking on the main ReaLearn thread, helgoboss is very helpful though I think kinda busy w Playtime 2 atm.
I thought of triggering the action first and then the realearn command but the buttons I want to use it for are sharing functions so tricky at the moment. I'll check on the Realearn thread and try and reorganise the buttons if there's no easy fix.