CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 05-14-2017, 12:43 PM   #1
MSK
Human being with feelings

Default Sidechain channel detection

Hey everyone,

I'm working on adding side chain support to a compressor I'm developing. Using the code from the IPlugSideChain example, I've been able to get the side chain input correctly. The problem comes with detecting when a side chain input is connected. The examples uses these booleans in ProcessDoubleReplacing:

Code:

bool in1ic = IsInChannelConnected(0);
  bool in2ic = IsInChannelConnected(1);
  bool in3ic = IsInChannelConnected(2);
  bool in4ic = IsInChannelConnected(3);

printf("%i %i %i %i, ------------------------- \n", in1ic, in2ic, in3ic, in4ic);
However the second two bools are always true - the output is always: "1 1 1 1, ------------------------- ". This happens when running both the standalone and the AU build in Live.

Because I can't detect when the side chain is connected, I can't properly tell the plugin when to compress using the main input or the side chain. Any help/insights would greatly appreciated.

I'm using Youlean's branch, and my project is originally duplicated from the IPlugEffectCairoGraphics example.

Thanks!
MSK
MSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 01:22 AM   #2
Tired_Joe

Have you tried it in Reaper?

I had a similar problem a few month ago and I ended up with checking the
IsOutChannelConnected

Maybe this helps you
Tired_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 12:09 PM   #3
Nonlinear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSK View Post
Hey everyone,

I'm working on adding side chain support to a compressor I'm developing. Using the code from the IPlugSideChain example, I've been able to get the side chain input correctly. The problem comes with detecting when a side chain input is connected. The examples uses these booleans in ProcessDoubleReplacing:

Code:

bool in1ic = IsInChannelConnected(0);
  bool in2ic = IsInChannelConnected(1);
  bool in3ic = IsInChannelConnected(2);
  bool in4ic = IsInChannelConnected(3);

printf("%i %i %i %i, ------------------------- \n", in1ic, in2ic, in3ic, in4ic);
However the second two bools are always true - the output is always: "1 1 1 1, ------------------------- ". This happens when running both the standalone and the AU build in Live.

Because I can't detect when the side chain is connected, I can't properly tell the plugin when to compress using the main input or the side chain. Any help/insights would greatly appreciated.

I'm using Youlean's branch, and my project is originally duplicated from the IPlugEffectCairoGraphics example.

Thanks!
MSK
I am having this same problem with AAX - "IsInChannelConnected(2)" always reports true even when the plugin sidechain key is not connected in Pro Tools.

I have tried "2-2 and 3-2" for channel config and they both do the same thing - if PLUG_SC_CHANS is set to "1" IsInChannelConnected(2) always reports true whether or not it is actually connected in the DAW.

I know there are iPlug plugins that work properly with sidechains in AAX - how did you solve this?

Last edited by Nonlinear; 12-09-2019 at 08:32 PM.
Nonlinear is offline   Reply With Quote