Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 11-28-2020, 01:19 PM   #1
Ostent
Human being with feelings

Default Always Enable Track Recording / "Record-Safe"

Hello all,

I have been having a blast learning and using REAPER. I have installed and am using MPL's retrospective recording script.

However, I have found that there are times in my editing and recording that I sometimes get the record arm button for the dummy retrospective record track unselected. This of course means that the script no longer works until it is re-enabled.

Is there any feature in reaper that allows for a track to always remain record enabled? Something similar to solo-safe where even if other tracks are clicked or selected this one track can never be disabled for recording.

Thanks!
Ostent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 02:01 AM   #2
gvdv
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostent View Post
Hello all,

I have been having a blast learning and using REAPER. I have installed and am using MPL's retrospective recording script.

However, I have found that there are times in my editing and recording that I sometimes get the record arm button for the dummy retrospective record track unselected. This of course means that the script no longer works until it is re-enabled.

Is there any feature in reaper that allows for a track to always remain record enabled? Something similar to solo-safe where even if other tracks are clicked or selected this one track can never be disabled for recording.

Thanks!
Not sure if this is helpful, but there is an action called
'Toggle automatic record-arm when track selected'

You can find that if you click Actions - Show action list , and then type 'rec arm' in the filter box.

The action is also under another sub-menu, but I cannot remember where that is right now.
gvdv is offline   Reply With Quote