Old 06-03-2017, 10:10 AM   #1
musicbynumbers
Human being with feelings

Default v5.50pre12 - June 3 2017

# Automation items: avoid removing envelope when inserting automation item at the start of a default envelope [p=1851183]
# Automation items: fix relative stretch mouse modifier when envelope timebase is set to time rather than beats [p=1850972]
# VST3: support kFocused for master track
# VST3: update vol/pan notifications during edits
# VST3: better mute/solo setting via IContextInfoHandler
Old 06-05-2017, 08:37 AM   #2
Mercado_Negro

All these automation items are pooled and when I delete a few of them this happens:

Old 06-05-2017, 08:55 AM   #3
musicbynumbers

Default "Adjust envelope and insert 4 points at time selection" modifier seems to be missing

I think this was mentioned before but what happened to the mouse modifier that meant you could make a time selection, hold the modifier key and then drag up/down the envelope line to instantly insert envelope points at the start and end of the time selection.

This was insanely useful modifier. Is it gone or broke?
Old 06-05-2017, 10:08 AM   #4
dupont

hello,

AI automation of plugin reveal sound spire pitch bend still crashes Reaper to desktop.
AI shape saw, adjust frequency, poof crash.
dupont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 10:09 AM   #5
EvilDragon

That's probably Spire's issue, not Reaper's.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 11:33 AM   #6
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
I think this was mentioned before but what happened to the mouse modifier that meant you could make a time selection, hold the modifier key and then drag up/down the envelope line to instantly insert envelope points at the start and end of the time selection.

This was insanely useful modifier. Is it gone or broke?
Unchanged. It's shift+control by default.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 12:04 PM   #7
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
All these automation items are pooled and when I delete a few of them this happens:
Heh, that's because one point is selected -- the point gets deleted, the change propagated to the other pooled items, then the selected automation items are deleted. Fixing...
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 02:26 PM   #8
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
Unchanged. It's shift+control by default.
EDIT!

I managed to get it work by setting modifier to simply "move envelope segment" that simple!

I thought it was called "move envelope segments preserving edge points" which I now have no idea what that one does

Works now though! thanks!

---------------

Strange, I can't get it working at all here Maybe it's an option I've switched off or something or we are talking about different things (since my message was done in haste so my bad).

What I mean (maybe a better explanation) is to make a time selection and drag up or down the envelope within the time selection that will automatically make 4 new points at the time selection edges like the shape in the pic below.

http://www.sonyvegas.co.uk/wordpress...2013-03-04.jpg

This just doesn't work for me. Do you know what the modifier is called mouse modifier prefs?
Old 06-05-2017, 02:52 PM   #9
EvilDragon

Yeah, that's just "move envelope segment" modifier. Works over here.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 08:29 PM   #10
Mercado_Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
Heh, that's because one point is selected -- the point gets deleted, the change propagated to the other pooled items, then the selected automation items are deleted. Fixing...
Indeed! Hah I wouldn't have noticed that ever Thanks Schwa!

By the way, I think that selecting a bunch of automation items with a marquee selection shouldn't select points like that. At least not those inside automation items. Just a thought...
Old 06-06-2017, 01:34 PM   #11
jnif

Two bugs where envelope outside AI is not properly updated:

1. After "Insert automation item" (at time 0:06) the envelope outside AI is not immediately updated to proper state. Manual editing of envelope (at time 0:13) is required.
2. After "Delete envelope point" (at time 0:27) the envelope outside AI is not immediately updated to proper state. Manual editing of envelope (at time 0:33) is required.

jnif
jnif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 05:58 PM   #12
ovnis

In this new release, it's possible to move one envelope point downside or upside an another point. I prefer when it was not possible (it becomes very hard when we want move points which are near together, without destroy the envelope shape). Is it possible to add an option to have the choice between those two options, please ?

Last edited by ovnis; 06-10-2017 at 03:05 AM.
ovnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 10:33 AM   #13
dupont

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
That's probably Spire's issue, not Reaper's.
Hum, I tried with studio on and no crashes.
Old 06-09-2017, 05:26 PM   #14
jnif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovnis View Post
In this new release, it's possible to move one envelope point downside or upside an another point. I prefer when it was not possible (it becomes very hard when we want move two points or more which are near together, without destroy the envelope shape). Is it possible to add an option to have the choice between those two options, please ?
+1
(edit: I'm not sure what you mean by moving point downside or upside an another point. I guess you mean moving a point past another. I think it should be possible to move a point directly above or below another point, to exactly same time position with another point. But moving a point past another should be prevented by default, and allowed with optional mouse modifier.)

I would prefer a default behavior where it would not be possible to move single envelope point past other points. I think envelope editing is more user-friendly when the order of points in envelope path is preserved. There could be an optional mouse modifier for allowing single point moves to go past other points, but it should be rarely needed.

Envelope point could also push following/preceding points forward/backward when user tries to move a point past another.
Like this:

At least, this old envelope editing bug should be fixed:

In this example, the order of points is changed even when user is not trying to move point past another.

jnif

Last edited by jnif; 06-09-2017 at 05:34 PM.
Old 06-10-2017, 01:25 AM   #15
G-Sun

Aut.items:
With loop off, extending item left still loops

When removing other pooled items, behavior was normal
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 05:51 AM   #16
jnif

Gluing automation items seems to add unnecessary extra point at the end of last glued item.

I'm not sure if this is intended behavior, but it seems like a bug. Also, selecting the envelope point using left-click is not working at the end of AI when there are two overlapping points at exactly same location.

AFAIK, there are two reasons to add envelope points to the beginning of first glued item and to the end of last glued item:
  1. Added points at edges are needed to preserve the envelope shape when there are points beyond the AI edges, and the first and last segments are not horizontal. Like here:

2. Added points at edges are needed to preserve the envelope shape of looped AI.

Here you can see how the envelope shape changes when edge points are manually removed and looping is enabled.

But there seems to be no reason to add another overlapping edge point (like shown in the first video) when there is already an edge point at the end of last glued item.

jnif
Old 06-10-2017, 07:46 AM   #17
xpander

Default Virtual keyboard

Nitpick about the Virtual MIDI Keyboard, sorry if I missed an earlier note about this. Starting from v5.50pre4, there are some visual anomalies between the white keys after a certain height and they change the taller the keyboard is dragged.

xpander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 11:32 AM   #18
dupont

Quote:
Originally Posted by dupont View Post
hello,

AI automation of plugin reveal sound spire pitch bend still crashes Reaper to desktop.
AI shape saw, adjust frequency, poof crash.
After cleaning plugin cash and rescan, all seems fine now.
Old 06-10-2017, 04:42 PM   #19
Stevie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
Nitpick about the Virtual MIDI Keyboard, sorry if I missed an earlier note about this. Starting from v5.50pre4, there are some visual anomalies between the white keys after a certain height and they change the taller the keyboard is dragged.

yes, +1
Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote