Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2012, 12:30 AM   #1
mcp pants
Human being with feelings

Default Gradual increase of pops and clicks in reaper

Hi there, i have an issue thats got me stumped.

The issue is an increase in pops/hissing/distortion when either recording or playing back audio in reaper.
It always starts to kick in after 3:35 seconds! Well, i tested that 3 times today.
Im using win 7, with asio4all as my driver.
I use a line 6 pod x3 live for my input to record guitar via usb.
The problems im having only occur when the pod is enabled as an input device.
If i unplug it i have no problems - aside from not being able to record guitar!
The problem resets when i open the preferences and click 'ok' on the devices tab - everything is fine - for another 3 mins or so!

I use 2 other usb devices - an m-audio oxygen 61 and an akai lpd8, however i dont believe these are the cause, as the pod seems to be the culprit - because the issue is only present when the pod is enabled.
I really want to get this resolved, as using asio4all is the only way to get all 3 devices working at the same time, which makes recording nice and easy.
Does anyone have any idea whats happening?
Thanks

Ive checked my drivers are up to date for the pod, oxygen 61, lpd8 and realtek hd audio. Ive also installed the latest versions of reaper 32,64 and asio4all. Ive set my pc for high performance and disabled the usb power save function for all usb root controllers.
Ive heard that graphics cards can cause some kind of issue with priority settings, ive not yet made any changes to that though, mainly because i havent found anything that matches the known issue with my card AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series.
This is also on a brand new custom built pc, so it hasnt 'lost' any functionality - this is all first time round. I used to use a crappy laptop on xp with just reaper 32 and the pod and never had this problem.

Last edited by mcp pants; 04-25-2012 at 12:52 AM. Reason: provide more info
mcp pants is offline   Reply With Quote