Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 06-26-2017, 06:34 AM   #1
kineticeon
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper as live DAW (figured out, will post template, but have another ?)

Hey guys,

This may have been addressed and I apologize, but I thought it would be good to post this thread as I will add the template created as soon as we get the bugs out.

We have been working on a sampling template made that is usable for live shows. there are 100's of ways to have reaper do this, the one I have created was a combination of a few people's ideas from the form. I am going to explain the template first then as my question second.
The template is set for 7 tracks (7 songs to be played live). We are using a backing track that has synths and vocals removed and layered over the video for the projector.
Each track is grouped to 7 audio channels. the first channel is the "sampler" channel where I set up 7 reasampler5000 and routed each sampler to channel 3/4, 5/6, 7/8, etc.
This allows me to add FX to each sampler channel individually so it does not effect the group or song as a whole.
If a song is using a synth instead of samples, we just added a channel in the song group, brought our synth in along with the song patch and just did not use the sampler.
I have solo being midi routed to a korg controller to turn a song on/off from the group channel. This makes routing easier as we are only playing 1 song at a time, so no need to use a ton of channels. the keys of our 49 key keyboard is our sampler. first 7 is one song, next 7 etc. etc. etc.

Now you have a basic idea of what we are dong, here is what happened:
We made the template on a studio computer and had everything working as we wanted it. Once complete we re-saved the whole project along with the samples and moved it to the live laptop we will be using. Once loaded on the laptop some of the reasampler sounds we set up will not work. They show the sound is there, I can see it, I can go into the folder, double click and hear it in VLC, but it will not play in reaper??? anyone know why this is???

Also side note midi question.
when trying to use midi control to sliders, is there only on/off 0-127 or is there a way to make it seamless so it is not just on/off but variable so you can push a slider up slowly with volume? seems every time I try to set a slider, it only reacts to on/off.

Sorry for the long story for 2 simple questions, but I am sure someone out there would like to have this theme once I get it complete.