Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 11-14-2015, 03:06 PM   #1
JeffD
Human being with feelings

Default Timeliine Position Marker Line Not Displaying & Transport Clock Showing Wrong Time

Hi, I'm fairly new to Reaper and am having problems with the transport time displaying large wrong numbers. This occurs no matter what type of time location preferences are selected (measure:beats, minutes:seconds, etc.)
and it does not show my current location. (please see attached screenshot) As soon as you hit play or record the clock position instantly jumps from 1.0.00 to 8949.1.05 or something close to that. Very random indeed.

Also, the timeline position marker line does not display or advance during playback or recording. This occurs on both the main screen and also within the track midi editor. I can still hear my track playing, but can't see the location since the transport timeline position doesn't display.

I'm using the newest evaluation version 5.04/x64 of Reaper on a windows 10 machine. I'm playing an Akai pro advance running VIP 64 bit virtual instruments.

Does Reaper do this to cripple the software after the initial 60 day evaluation period is over? I installed it more than 60 days ago but haven't had time to really try it out in detail until recently. Yes, I'm going to buy it if I can get this major bug fixed.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 11-14-15 at 01.21 PM.jpg (37.1 KB, 267 views)
JeffD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 09:05 AM   #2
LugNut

Hi,

No, reaper stays fully functional. Does reaper do this when the aka I is not inserted?
Do you possibly have song settings set to start...bar 16000..for ex.?
LugNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 12:12 AM   #3
JeffD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugNut View Post
Hi,
No, reaper stays fully functional. Does reaper do this when the aka I is not inserted?
Do you possibly have song settings set to start...bar 16000..for ex.?
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I'm still experiencing this problem with Reaper even when no instruments are loaded. I checked all the song and transport time settings and everything is set to the default settings. The start time is set to zero with no jump-to or loop points set. The timeline marker doesn't advance while playing or recording. I still have no idea why it's doing this. This problem renders the program unusable for me until I can get this resolved.
JeffD is offline   Reply With Quote