Old 08-24-2010, 04:39 AM   #41
musicbynumbers
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofer View Post
Posted this in the SWS tracker thread:

I thought, maybe by posting it here as well I can get confirmation/denial from some of the testers? It's really hard to trace down. v3.66 and 3.67pre12, btw.
will check later for you, have you got a pic of your auto colour/icon setup so I can see how best to recreate it?
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:14 AM   #42
Jeffos
Mortal

lawrs, gofer, I'm off... can't check.. coming back soon.

Please if possible, keep the reports here: http://code.google.com/p/sws-extensi.../detail?id=175
gofer, in the meantime: (just in case) are you sure you use the build#2 ? can you post a project?

reflected, thanks. I'd like to, but no, I can't do that kind of drag'n'drop with the current API (confirmed by Cockos).
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:20 PM   #43
Reflected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffos View Post
I can't do that kind of drag'n'drop with the current API (confirmed by Cockos).
it could be so beautiful.
if there is a request/discussion for this API feature, post a link, so I will support it.
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 05:12 AM   #44
Bevosss

Got a weird problem...auto-colour is working fine on my internet test box, but on my main daw it doesn't colour the track until I press Force.

Any idea why this might be? Both the checkboxes are enabled, and similar settings on both as far as I can tell. (Auto-icon rocks by the way, and works on both my machines.)
Old 08-25-2010, 10:11 AM   #45
Jeffos
Mortal

Ok, Beta #3 just uploaded (win32 build):
http://code.google.com/p/sws-extension/downloads/list

all (known) issues should be fixed, except gofer's report I'm unable to reproduce (gofer, see below!). Does someone else reproduced that?

_________

@Mercado_Negro: the thank yous for the x64 build should go to daddy Tim!! (especially in this busy period.. if you read this, thanks again Tim!!). Inspector idea: yes sounds good, but a bit complicated technically.. well, may be we'll have some better native docking at some point

@lawrs: I fixed that in the beta #3.
The new build lane actions use record pass ids introduced in v3.66, this implies that they work for recorded items, and, BTW, items recorded after v3.66. Inserted media or takes recorded before v3.66 will not have any record pass id and I can't "invent" them..

That said, build lanes actions will ignore such items and a warning message explaining why will be displayed.

In your "imploding takes" case, what's probably going on is something else: when imploding, you probably created *duplicated* record pass indexes (this can be verified if you post the RPP, no media needed). I handled this corner case in the beta #3, such items will be ignored too + warning message (and most important thing: takes will not be removed anymore as show in your anim!!!!)
[EDIT] btw, when there's no duplicated record pass id, running build lane actions on imploded takes works fine.

@Bevosss: I fixed that exact bug in beta #2. are you sure you use the beta #2 (or #3 now) ?

@gofer: I still wait for your inputs here!

.. and now, let's go for a (scary) switch into the OSX world

Last edited by Jeffos; 08-25-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:57 PM   #46
Bevosss

That was it Jeffos, they both are on beta #3 now...cheers!
Old 08-26-2010, 01:30 AM   #47
lawrs

You're a handsome man Jeffos.
lawrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:36 AM   #48
timlloyd

Quote:
.. and now, let's go for a (scary) switch into the OSX world
yaaaaaaay!
timlloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:19 AM   #49
tweed

Stumbled across beta a few days ago, and have just now noticed S&M Live Configs. i'll try 64 bit first (sws_extension_220810_beta2_x64.exe) tho thinking it may be 32 bit that's out in front a bit with new beta features.

Last edited by tweed; 08-26-2010 at 03:26 AM.
tweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:24 AM   #50
henge

Just discovered this. Can't wait to try. Thanks guys, awesome as usual!!
Old 08-26-2010, 06:46 AM   #51
Mercado_Negro

Quote:
@Mercado_Negro: the thank yous for the x64 build should go to daddy Tim!! (especially in this busy period.. if you read this, thanks again Tim!!). Inspector idea: yes sounds good, but a bit complicated technically.. well, may be we'll have some better native docking at some point
Yeah, I figured

The FX Chains window is very useful here, thanks! Though I'd like to ask if it's possible, at some point, to make it look like a browser. I have ALL my FXs saved as FX Chains (yeah, one FX Chain for each FX, saved in different folders for "EQ", "Compressors", etc.), it would be easier for me to open up the FX Chain window, browse a folder and double click on the chain to add it to a track or item. Right now it is a bit hard for me to find the right chain.

Thanks again for everything you've done for all of us Jeff, take care!

Cheers
Old 08-26-2010, 01:28 PM   #52
Jeffos
Mortal

@Mercado_Negro: yes, agreed, not very friendly (especially since there are 128 slots). Before this remark I was thinking to a text filter "at some point", a bit like the marker list's one, could do the job ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlloyd View Post
yaaaaaaay!
timlloyd, a bit early for the "yay"!
Done, I got the mac in front of me.. I was quiet exited (as I want to do many things: these beta tests, mac support for my plugs, etc..) and then I realized my friend forgot the power cable.. and he's gone to Canada for a festival. Worse and I can't believe it: THIS POWER STUFF IS MAC DEDICATED!! I can already tell you this OSX adventure begins with a MASSIVE -1 for me. I can't believe that, really. I'm stuck. Have to order one..
Old 08-26-2010, 06:31 PM   #53
Mercado_Negro

Quote:
@Mercado_Negro: yes, agreed, not very friendly (especially since there are 128 slots). Before this remark I was thinking to a text filter "at some point", a bit like the marker list's one, could do the job ?
It would be a good feature but I'm not sure I would use it anyways I have like 1000+ FX Chains hehe (different configurations for the same FX.... yeah, I don't use presets ) Don't worry mate, I just thought it was somehow easy to implement at some point. It's really sad that we can't browse our FX Chains by folders in the FX Browser. Thanks anyways
Old 08-28-2010, 02:40 PM   #54
captain caveman

Apologies for polluting the thread, but I have written one of my tiny little JS plugins to use with the Live Configs....

CC Incrementor

captain caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:08 PM   #55
lawrs

Jeffos, sorry to be always bringing either bad news or challenges .. hehe .. There's another strange behaviour I'm having with the build lane for items action.

Please check this gif out.

[img]http://img576.**************/img576/466/buildlanebug2.gif [/img]

The build lane does not build empty parts correctly according to item order. Any chance of fixing this? Thanks again, really really appreciate it.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:12 AM   #56
Jeffos
Mortal

@lawrs, given what I explained about implode & record pass ids, I bet this is "not a bug".. In order to verify, lawrs, please, can you post that exact project (before running the build lane action) please, no media needed ? Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
it would be easier for me to open up the FX Chain window, browse a folder and double click on the chain to add it to a track or item. Right now it is a bit hard for me to find the right chain.
easier with browse, double-clicks,.. are you sure ?

..unfortunately I forgot the timer in LICEcap, we could have compare otherwise (note: in order to make the idea more obvious, when REAPER's default fx chain path is used, I also simplified the display in the column "Path": in short, your directory structure can also ease/define the filtering). About the 1000+ fx chains (!!), may be an unlimited number of slots would be a better Cockos-ish approach..

@captain: ha ha! well done!
Old 08-31-2010, 08:16 AM   #57
Mercado_Negro

Quote:
easier with browse, double-clicks,.. are you sure ?

[img][/img]

..unfortunately I forgot the timer in LICEcap, we could have compare otherwise (note: in order to make the idea more obvious, when REAPER's default fx chain path is used, I also simplified the display in the column "Path": in short, your directory structure can also ease/define the filtering). About the 1000+ fx chains (!!), may be an unlimited number of slots would be a better Cockos-ish approach..
You're a genius! Adding the directory structure to the search is brilliant. You're right, now it is real fast. Thanks Jeff! Look, when you say "... would be a better Cockos-ish approach" do you mean you can do it easily or isn't just possible now?

Cheers!

P.S.- Thanks for boosting the actions for take envelopes! Woot!
Old 09-01-2010, 02:46 AM   #58
lawrs

Here ya go Jeffos. Hope this helps you to figure out the takes issue. Thanks for looking into it.

http://www.yousendit.com/download/UF...TStUME5jR0E9PQ

By the way, the "S&M : Close all floating FX windows" doesn't work anymore with the latest version of Reaper.

"SWS/S&M : Close all floating FX windows" is the new one.

Maybe you might want to have the old "S&M : Close all floating FX windows" removed if it's broken. Cheers!
Old 09-01-2010, 12:40 PM   #59
airon

The automation arm and disarm actions work beautifully.

I even discovered a bug in Reaper during testing !

Thank you very much for these. It'll make a few things much easier for now.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:00 AM   #60
plush2

I just wanted to echo this. After setting up a simple toolbar and playing around with these actions for a half an hour or so (past my bedtime I think I may finally really dig into using dynamic automation changes in Reaper seriously. Until now I've drawn in whatever moves I needed and/or used item fx/volume/automation. This takes the "unwieldy" out of the beast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post

plush2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:56 AM   #61
lawrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post

I even discovered a bug in Reaper during testing !

Hi Airon,

What are the new automation actions you're refering to ? Could you do a licecap tutorial of how you are using it ? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:59 AM   #62
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrs View Post
Hi Airon,

What are the new automation actions you're refering to ? Could you do a licecap tutorial of how you are using it ? Thanks in advance.
I'm interested too
Old 09-02-2010, 09:57 AM   #63
Jeffos
Mortal

Build beta #6 will be uploaded very soon, this is a "release candidate" (for Win).
Here's a reminder of the changelogs:
Code:
Beta #6 Win release candidate:
- Many things run a bit faster, some much faster: ME actions, all take related actions, all send/receive related actions, etc..
- Better solution for Cut/copy/paste sends/receives/routings actions
- FX Chains: safer cut/copy/paste actions
- Better management of the "S&M" ini file, also:
  => The S&M.ini file is now located in REAPER's default resource path (i.e. with other ini files), it was "<REAPER_install_dir>/Plugins/" before
  => This file is moved automatically, your current configurations are kept
  => The default action help file (S&M_Action_help_en.ini) is now also located in REAPER's default resource path
- FX Chains view: unlimited number of slots
  => added popup items "Add slot", "Insert slot" and "Delete slots"
  => External file drag'n'drop (e.g. from an explorer) now *inserts* slots (before, following slots were replaced)
- FX Chains view: text filter added, démo: https://stash.reaper.fm/6083/FXChainFiltering.gif
- FX Chains view: simplified display in the "Path" column (when using REAPER's FX Chains default path)
- FX Chains view: added a column "Description", double-click to enter some text. Note: it's volountary not used when filtering.
- FX Chains view: tweaks, e.g. error messages when a slot's file isn't found, disable popup menu items when needed, etc..
- Live Configs view: undos (for config. edition, still no undo for stuff performed when CCs are received: live!)
- Live Configs view: multi-selection, ex: clear a bunch of confs in one go, set a track template for many confs in one go, etc..
- Live Configs view: tweaks (removed from REAPER's main "View" menu, live monitoring: autoscroll, etc..)
- Find: now also works with the master track
- Track notes: now also works with the master track
- Trak notes & project notes: undos
- Item notes: safer undo
- Project notes are saved differently in RPP files (beta users may have a warning when loading => ignore it, it's "normal")
- Merged Tims's main branch fixes (items fade actions + x64 compiler warning)
- Fixes (includes musibynumber's "unique" crash, yeah!)

Beta #5:
- Live config: fixed activate/deactivate actions/macros
- Merged Tims's main branch fixes (issues 119 & 159)
- Auto color/icon: fixed possible issue with (children) rule
- Auto icon: fixed icon removal (fixes a possible/random "delayed" crash)

Beta #4:
- fixed crash when performing "Apply live config n" when the "Live Configs" view is closed
- Live Config view: when performing "Apply live config n", row selection only occurs if the displayed config is n
- Live Config view: popup menus for all columns

Beta #3:
- build lanes actions run (much) faster
- build lanes actions: fixed corner cases with duplicated record pass ids (such items are now ignored + warning message).
- sluggish track multi-selection fixed (multiple REAPER's notifs are now processed once)
- Notes/help view: fix for action names badly (or not) displayed.
- Notes/help view: fix for inverted lock button states
- Notes/help view: added section name
- Live Config's presets dropped (tricky fix, will take some time..)
- Live Config view: fixed track deselection when "Mute all but active" isn't ticked
- Live Config view: double-click on the "CC value" column triggers what's on the related row
- Live Config view: the last activated CC value's conf is tagged with "*" + related row is automatically selected (live monitoring).
- FX Chain view: more consistent GUI (controls are now on top).
- Live Config view: "CC" column renamed into "CC value"
- Better GUI alignments, S&M logo hidden when the views are too small

Beta #2:
- fixed auto icon crash 
- fix: auto icon *and* auto color can be applied together
- auto icon runs faster 
- fixed build lanes actions (issues with some take color prefs)
- fix for "Delete selected items takes and source file" action (not working/slow in some cases)
- fixed "DeSactivate" typo

Beta#1: see OP
_____

OSX validation: bad news. I still not yet able to boot the "old" IBook G4 I borowed.. but I read some literature about OSX in the meantime.. I understood some things begining with the fact that this mac runs OSX 10.3.9 so I can't build the SWS Extensions with it (requires XCode 3.1 but I can only install XCode 1.5 on OSX 10.3) and it can't even run REAPER (>= 10.4) !
So I give up. I'll drop OSX support for the new views, and only them..
It's a shame because I shouldn't be far.. perharps it even works! Though there are many other things in this beta that OSX users will benefit from (much faster actions, new actions, fixes, etc...). OSX users: apart from the "FX Chains" view, you won't loose anything.

_____

@lawrs: thanks for the project: easier/faster for me! Though, I even don't understand what you did, here's what I get with this project:

=> with the betas, you get that warning message I was talking about (normal: no rec. pass id in this RPP) and I don't reproduce it either with the lastest official SWS Extensions (v1.7.3 #4).
=> I don't know/understand what you did.. Also, this RPP doesn't look like you anim..
=> if you want to go further (with another RPP file), no prob, but please let's do it here, thanks!

@Mercado_Negro: unlimited slots will be available in beta #6

@airon & plush2: thanks! and thanks for testing!

@lawrs & mbn: the new actions airon is talking about are described here: http://code.google.com/p/sws-extensi.../detail?id=105. BTW, airon explained why they're useful there..
Old 09-02-2010, 10:11 AM   #64
plush2

I'm having some trouble with licecap right now but I've built a simple toolbar with the basic commands that operates on the overiding principle that it applies to any and all selected tracks.

The real advantage here is being able to quickly arm and/or disarm specific sections of the mix for modification. Used in conjunction with Snapshots these commands make a very powerful (albeit a bit rugged) automation system.
Attached Files
File Type: reapermenu S&M_simple_automation_toolbar.ReaperMenu (645 Bytes, 207 views)
plush2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:54 AM   #65
musicbynumbers

Thanks Jeffos and others for some great info and stuff here!
Old 09-02-2010, 12:42 PM   #66
Mercado_Negro

Quote:
Build beta #6 will be uploaded very soon, this is a "release candidate" (for Win).
Woooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Quote:
@Mercado_Negro: unlimited slots will be available in beta #6
Great!!!!!!! I'll spend some hours setting up my chains haha but I'll enjoy it

Thanks Jeff... BIG THANKS!
Old 09-02-2010, 11:47 PM   #67
lawrs

Default Jeffos is da man.

[img]http://img823.**************/img823/5287/buildlanebugcontinued.gif[/img]

Thanks for addressing the issue Jeffos. Here's another example gif. I've also uploaded the macro which I created to implode selected item into tracks above. Maybe you can try that too.

It really depends on how the items are arrange before imploding them together. In this other example, it builds the lanes ok.
[img]http://img251.**************/img251/963/buildlanebugok.gif[/img]

Thanks again. You guys rock.

Last edited by lawrs; 02-17-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:55 PM   #68
Jeffos
Mortal

Oops.. I fogot that:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrs View Post
By the way, the "S&M : Close all floating FX windows" doesn't work anymore with the latest version of Reaper.

"SWS/S&M : Close all floating FX windows" is the new one.

Maybe you might want to have the old "S&M : Close all floating FX windows" removed if it's broken. Cheers!
larws, please, do me a favor:
in your <REAPER_install_dir>\Plugins\ you have this file: "reaper_SnMExtension.dll". Stop REAPER and delete that file *right now* THANKS
This extension is not supported anymore, it's outdated, something changed in REAPER in the meantime + nothing interesting: these actions are now present in the SWS Extensions with better solutions (for ex, the one you use is based on a *cough*. The SWS/S&M ones use a proper API Cockos added in the meantime..)

About your build lane issue:
For the moment, just avoid to "build lanes" on imploded takes.
Imploding takes creates a mess with record ids: duplicated ids in a same item + unexpected matching ids. There're little things I don't like about rec ids and it's one of them, but I don't think they are "bugs" tho (ouaips, j'ai déjà tenté de titiller schwa ). We'd need a "recordidealizer" action.. in the meantime I'll add this as a limitation.

Quote:
It's a shame because I shouldn't be far.. perharps it even works!

Ha ha!

Woo!

YEAAAAaaaaaaaahhhh !!!!
(ok, I don't like that "blueish" mix.. but it shows up!)

Thanks to Tim for those pics.
And thank you Tim for the tweaks and OSX project updates.
Apparently I'm an "OSX coder", LOL! Well, a blind one.. and Tim brought the light.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:27 PM   #69
timlloyd

Is it still to early for an OSX yaaaaay?
timlloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:22 AM   #70
Subz

Ha Ha!!

when the Pre's slow down i look through SWS for new features (to me anyway)

Live Configs & FX Chains are today's update for me

not normally a fan of S&M but thanks :lol:

Subz
Subz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:51 AM   #71
lawrs

Thanks Jeffos for addressing my concerns. Will press on then ..
Old 09-05-2010, 04:02 PM   #72
sws
Code Monkey

Default OSX Beta

Hey guys, I've built an OSX beta with all of Jeffos's new stuff, you can download it in the same spot as the windows betas: http://code.google.com/p/sws-extension/downloads/list

OSX users, please test and let us know of any issues by posting in our issue tracker (or here, I suppose).
sws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:18 PM   #73
lawrs

Hi Extension dev team,

Would it be possible to have "S&M - Find" to :

1. add search for markers and region markers
2. allow search for all (items, tracks, markers, takes)

I know that we can search marker in the marker list, but ctrl+F is such a common function for find search, it would make it very much more accessible to search for markers from S&M Find box.

Cheers. I love yawl!
Old 09-07-2010, 11:37 PM   #74
sws
Code Monkey

Thanks lawrs, added to our tracker.
sws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:44 PM   #75
musicbynumbers

Tim just a quick one for you to add (i hope) if you get time..

We have your fantastic action "Preview selected media at track fader value" but could we have a "toggle" version of this like we have for the non track fader level version?

Just realised now that It's not that easy to stop the file auditioning at the moment
Old 09-14-2010, 02:23 AM   #76
lawrs

Default "Next/Prev track rename" action & "Auto Rename"

Hi Tim, Jeffos and the rest of the extension team,

I've added two new suggestions in the tracker, "Next/Prev track rename" action & "Auto Rename".

http://code.google.com/p/sws-extensi...wner%20Summary

http://code.google.com/p/sws-extensi...wner%20Summary

"Next/Prev track rename" should work this way, you double click on track 1 to rename it, then instead of hitting enter, you hit Ctrl+Right (still in track 1 name entry mode) and it goes into rename track 2. This would reduce having to hit Enter, and then select and double click the track name redundantly.

"Auto rename" works when you create a new track, instead of blank/unnamed, it would be auto renamed to "Track 1" or "VO 1". Users only need to input the first word e.g "Track" then it automatically renames tracks in ascending number order.

Hope you think this is useful!
Old 09-14-2010, 02:54 AM   #77
musicbynumbers

The 1st fr should work already by pressing "tab" on your keyboard and "shift+tab" to go back it works in most profs including windows explorer. Not an obvious one though
Old 09-14-2010, 05:41 AM   #78
Jeffos
Mortal

Just a few words to say that the features discussed here are going to be soon be part of the official SWS Extension release, it's up to Tim now (but may be he have some surprises too !?). However, as I'm very busy these days (with the bug of my life.. the fix requires a wedding!!), please be patient in case some uncaught issues are found..

I would like to thank again all the people who chimed in here with kind words and to everybody who helped about this beta, in no special order: bevosss, musicbynumbers, lawrs, Mercado_Negro, Susan G, gofer, capitain caveman, EvilDragon, JBradleyBush, BenK-Msx, Airon, plush2 and Kundalinguist. Thank you for taking the time to: report, post RPPs, FR ideas, gif anims.. That helped a lot, much appreciated, really. You rock!!

Also, special thanks to Tim who saved my OSX butt!
Also, super special thanks to Cockos (even if Tim says your WDL_VirtualComboBox sucks )

I think this thread can be unstuck now..
Old 09-14-2010, 06:09 AM   #79
gofer
-blänk-

Quote:
...the bug of my life.. the fix requires a wedding!!
Do I understand that right? If so, I wish you and and everybody involved a trouble-free release and a constant flow of awesome upgrades.
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:23 AM   #80
lawrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
The 1st fr should work already by pressing "tab" on your keyboard and "shift+tab" to go back it works in most profs including windows explorer. Not an obvious one though
Awesome. Thanks . A "duhhh" moment for me there. *embarrassed*

Congrats Jeffos! You deserve all the happiness in the world. She's a lucky lady to have you.