Old 09-01-2015, 02:04 PM   #1
zvukofor
Human being with feelings

Default Sending all OSC parameters on project load

That is the question:
I'm designing a controller with a lot of tracks and plugins accessible at the same time, like on hardware analog mixers, for example.

There's no problems in getting feedback for parameters with paradigm "select track/select fx/adjust parameter", where we have one set of parameters and just select which fx on which track we want to control.

And here what we've got with "track@/fx@/parameter@", when using not one track/fx at the same time:
Bidirectional control works flawlessly, even when changing presets in fxs, but when you load a project nothing, not a single parameter is updated.

Surely, i understand that it would be a PITA to send everything every second, but i can't find a way to send all parameters in a project via OSC on load.

"Refresh all surfaces" action is not working here too, which is pretty strange...

Any thoughts?
zvukofor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 01:09 AM   #2
Teddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvukofor View Post
That is the question:
I'm designing a controller with a lot of tracks and plugins accessible at the same time, like on hardware analog mixers, for example.

There's no problems in getting feedback for parameters with paradigm "select track/select fx/adjust parameter", where we have one set of parameters and just select which fx on which track we want to control.

And here what we've got with "track@/fx@/parameter@", when using not one track/fx at the same time:
Bidirectional control works flawlessly, even when changing presets in fxs, but when you load a project nothing, not a single parameter is updated.

Surely, i understand that it would be a PITA to send everything every second, but i can't find a way to send all parameters in a project via OSC on load.

"Refresh all surfaces" action is not working here too, which is pretty strange...

Any thoughts?
That's strange. When I load a new project, all parameters are sent automatically. The same happens if I use the "Refresh all surfaces".
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 04:11 AM   #3
zvukofor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
That's strange. When I load a new project, all parameters are sent automatically. The same happens if I use the "Refresh all surfaces".
Well, i've monitored outgoing OSC messages from Reaper, which sent when opening a project or refreshing control surfaces.
All i've got for FXs is "open UI", name, number and bypass state and preset name.

FX parameters sent only when parameters is changed in Reaper or when changing FX presets. Why not on project load?
Old 09-04-2015, 04:34 PM   #4
zvukofor

Maybe there's some workarounds?
Maybe it is possible to trigger all current presets on all fx on all channels when opening a project?
Or maybe there's a simpler way to do this?
Old 09-06-2015, 10:41 PM   #5
zvukofor

Well, i thought maybe SWS snaphots could be a solution, but they depends on Reaper's abilities, so — not sending new parameters.
Keep on research.