Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 05-21-2010, 05:34 PM   #1
Scottsdale
Human being with feelings

Default Is it possible to have audio automatically adjust to tempo changes

Hi peeps,

Posting while I'm still being welcomed on the front page as the newest user, so be gentle with me...

Just been playing with the new option in v3.52 to write tempos into files as they're rendered. So far Reaper has done a great job of importing quickly and efficiently both at usable and crazily unusable tempos.

My question is this. Currently, if I want to adjust the tempo of some audio using this method, I have to set the desired project tempo, then re-import the wave file to make the magic happen. Is there any way at all of getting Reaper to realise that when I adjust the project tempo, I want it to stretch or compress the audio for me automagically without the need to re-import?

It's part laziness yes, but mainly because I'm building a session for someone who's even more of a Reaper newbie than I am, and they need to tinker with the scratch tracks of this song to find their happy place.

Any advice appreciated...
Scottsdale
Scottsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:42 PM   #2
Bevosss

Hit alt-enter to go to project properties, then set item timebase to beats...IIRC.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:22 PM   #3
Scottsdale

Aha, fixed.

To add a bit of extra detail for anyone else who might stumble across this thread, there are two potential choices of timebase that could apply in project properties - Beats (position, length, rate) or Beats (position only). For audio files with embedded tempos to sync automatically with your project bpm, you'll want the first choice which was Beats (position, length, rate).

Cheers muchly Bevosss, I owe you a metho!
Scottsdale is offline   Reply With Quote