Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 10-24-2014, 08:07 AM   #1
cdmstudios
Human being with feelings

Default what is the proper way to use Waves in Reaper??

Hey All -
I've been using Waves in Reaper for a year now and while they work, I'd love to know definitively, what's going on here.

2 things:
1) sometimes the AU versions load just fine graphically and sometimes the VST ones do. Why are the graphics such a problem with Waves plugins??

2) what's the deal with the "pan width"? It seems to access this pot, I need to be using the Apollo Simple theme, but on most other themes this setting isn't even visible. If I have only mono content on a track, I've been using Waves mono plugins, but on the Master Bus I tend to put stereo plugins. But when I put stereo waves on a track, I get weird things that happen where some of the sound is in the center and some is in the right or left. If I put the width to zero, then that makes all content on the track mono.

so what is the right way to work with these plugins??

thanks in advance!
cdmstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:08 AM   #2
Nip
Human being with feelings

1. Waves have a warning about both VST2 and VST3 plugins in the same project. That is a known gui problem.

Could be that the same applies to mixing AU and VST.

2. Looking in fx dialog you can see the routing by clicking on the button there - 1 in 2 out or whatever. A mono track just duplicates it's audio to both sides of a stereo plugin.

About width and pan I never touched those and leave normal Stereo balance/mono pan pan mode and width at 100%. Rightlick pan to get a menu to override.

If you have another pan mode by default read up on how that works - I have no idea.

Last edited by Nip; 10-24-2014 at 09:14 AM.
Nip is offline   Reply With Quote