Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2009, 07:45 PM   #1
politcat
Human being with feelings

Default M-Audio Axiom and Reaper

(NOTE: i've changed my use of the Axiom with Reaper even more. see post #99 on page 3)

i've been meaning to post this for Axiom 25 users. maybe some will benefit from this thread. If any interest develops i'll go into more detail

contrary to what some others have said on this forum, the Axiom is very useful and adaptable, if you know how to program it with Reaper.

I recently changed the way i've been using my Axiom 25 with reaper. the main change for me is simply using more than one midi channel for controlling tracks and plugins.

I have 2 presets on the Axiom dedicated to Reaper:

preset 1 - knobs control track vol and pads control solo on/off. midi ch.1 is for control of tracks 1-8, ch.2 for control of tracks 9-16 etc.. I don't program pan because I don't like reaper's pan functionality (i use Flux STTool for true stereo panning, i.e., my preset 2)

preset 2 - knobs control fx parameters. Midi ch.1 controls the 1st 8 parameters, ch.2 controls parameters 9-16 etc.

I also use it for envelopes.

i'm just trying to avoid using the mouse

so, all I have to do is change preset and/or midi channel on the Axiom (both quick and easy) to access whatever I want to control inside reaper

setup depends entirely on user preference and work flow. I don't use Enigma for any of the programming. I find it's easier to do it directly from the Axiom

I really like the Axiom

Last edited by politcat; 09-19-2012 at 07:13 AM.
politcat is offline   Reply With Quote