Old 01-24-2018, 11:35 AM   #1
kevadams
Human being with feelings

Default Realitone Fingerpick problem

I'm having a recurring problem with Realitone's 'Fingerpick' Kontakt library.

I'm using the full version of Kontakt in Reaper v5 Each time I open a project; the instrument won't playback existing midi items, though it rings out the last note on STOP. The keyboard on the Fingerpick GUI shows all the activity, but there is no sound. It does respond to my midi keyboard and to the MIDI editor keyboard, so all the samples are loaded. I've tried reloading within the instrument- no luck.

My work-round is to remove the instrument from Kontakt and then reload it.

Realitone support says:
"You are not the first Reaper user that has reported this problem. We have reproduced the problem, but it is not 100% consistent. And it appears to be a Reaper vs Kontakt issue, at least as far as we can tell. It happens with other libraries from other developers. Since Reaper is the only DAW for which this has been reported I'm inclined to think they are doing something different - they may even be following the VST standard more strictly (and more correctly?) than others..."

Anyone else experienced this, and do any of you clever folks have any idea what might be going on? I'm going to see if I can reproduce the problem consistently. None of my other Kontakt libraries do this.
Thanks.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:39 AM   #2
ashcat_lt

I mean, if (by their own admission) Reaper is doing it correctly, then the problem is theirs. Have they been playing fast and loose with the standard and getting away with it by exploiting flaws in the other platforms?
ashcat_lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 11:44 AM   #3
kevadams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashcat_lt View Post
I mean, if (by their own admission) Reaper is doing it correctly, then the problem is theirs. Have they been playing fast and loose with the standard and getting away with it by exploiting flaws in the other platforms?
Hmm... yes, well. I won't get back to them with this suggestion yet; I'll see how far I get with them first. Good response time from their support, by the way, a couple of hours. I know they are a just a few guys.