COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :

Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > General Discussion > General Discussion (aka spam trap)

Old 09-11-2012, 09:14 AM   #1
drew
Mobile

Default Finally - a DAW controller with decent track name display and assignable colours...

I think these track name displays look like the best I've seen on an affordable mixer - but only 8 of the 24 faders are for DAW control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hisoSMMCJMA#t=3m05

I hope they plan to release an MCU-killing 8 or 16 fader control version.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:31 AM   #2
danfuerth
Human being with feelings

Pathetic just pathetic that price and no VCA groups

Just Pathetic no offence, I have more goddamn functionality out of my 8 fader interface using the VCA grouping OSC workaround.

I have been telling people how important it is to have VCA grouping inside a Daw software, so we are not stuck having to buy a $10,000 mixer just to have the needed VCA groups.

again just pathetic, for that price is is way overpriced.

All the protools guys are dying to comer over to Reaper. One of the primary reasons that I would buy protools is the native VCA grouping they have now.

Thanks to the OSC workaround I saved over $2000 buy not needed a big ass console just to have VCA groups, and not needing to spend a ton of money on protools.

This is my exact point with the X32 that we need to get our ass to add VCA groups to all Daw's not just Reaper or Protools.

The bigger cousins of that console, the Midas do have VCA groups, gee I wonder why the X32 does not have them LOL

Nice console, but as it stands right now I have more control on a 50 track project than you do with that console, since it has no VCA groups.