Old 02-11-2016, 03:13 AM   #1
domforr
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper rendering problem

Hi, I'm using Reaper 64 bit on a mac mini (Yosemite) and have just recently started getting a problem with the file/session rendering option.

It's only started since I started working off an external hardrive and now when I try and render it says: 'The target drive/path does not exist or is unavailable'.

I should also add that I recently upgraded my mac and I think this is the first time rendering since doing so, so it could also be related to that?

I've tried relinking it etc and that makes no difference. As far as I can see the read/write permissions on the hard drive are ok.

I can render straight to my internal hardrive without any problems, so it's something specificaly related to my external hardrive it seems. I've had no other problems recording to the drive and otherwise Reaper's working fine.

Any ideas welcome!

Thanks,

Dominic

Last edited by domforr; 02-12-2016 at 02:37 AM.
domforr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 12:01 AM   #2
jimmygreenwood

Default Re: Reaper rendering problem

I've gotten that message a few times and sorted it out somehow. I don't remember exactly , but it was just something trivial like typing in a new title and destination in the Render box.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but my point is I solved it with some trial and error typing. Might even have been using a back slash when a hyphen works better.
Old 02-14-2016, 02:33 AM   #3
vanhaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by domforr View Post
Hi, I'm using Reaper 64 bit on a mac mini (Yosemite) and have just recently started getting a problem with the file/session rendering option.

It's only started since I started working off an external hardrive and now when I try and render it says: 'The target drive/path does not exist or is unavailable'.

I should also add that I recently upgraded my mac and I think this is the first time rendering since doing so, so it could also be related to that?

I've tried relinking it etc and that makes no difference. As far as I can see the read/write permissions on the hard drive are ok.

I can render straight to my internal hardrive without any problems, so it's something specificaly related to my external hardrive it seems. I've had no other problems recording to the drive and otherwise Reaper's working fine.

Any ideas welcome!

Thanks,

Dominic
When you open the Render window, do you first hit the "browse" button, on the right of the word "Directory" ??
vanhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 03:08 AM   #4
jimmygreenwood

I think Vanhaze is right. Browse to select the new path.
Old 02-14-2016, 03:19 AM   #5
vanhaze

Exactly what i mean :0)
vanhaze is offline   Reply With Quote