Old 08-27-2008, 10:29 AM   #1
larrygates
Human being with feelings

Default LOSER JS Plugs!!!

Loser, what's wrong with your old plugs? It says something about "old version not compatible bla bla bla."

I swear by the 3 and 5 band splitter.

Is there some other equivalent to those plugs? And why are they not compatible anymore?
larrygates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:21 PM   #2
LOSER

Well Schwa said he is making an old_unsupported folder for the JS, so there wouldn't be so many and users would be encouraged to use them, since most seem to be frightened by the sheer mass of JS FX available.
He asked for a list of my JS that I felt were old/deprecated and those were moved to the old_unsupported folder.
Generally there is nothing wrong with those FX in there, their just old and I don't think they are very good. E.g. the splitters all use 6dB/oct RC filter, not really top notch and steep for a channel splitter.
Anyway they should still be there.
LOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:54 PM   #3
larrygates

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSER View Post
Well Schwa said he is making an old_unsupported folder for the JS, so there wouldn't be so many and users would be encouraged to use them, since most seem to be frightened by the sheer mass of JS FX available.
He asked for a list of my JS that I felt were old/deprecated and those were moved to the old_unsupported folder.
Generally there is nothing wrong with those FX in there, their just old and I don't think they are very good. E.g. the splitters all use 6dB/oct RC filter, not really top notch and steep for a channel splitter.
Anyway they should still be there.
Well I'm not all techy like that, so Please if you could point me in the direction of a top notch splitter, than I can fan out to 3 independent tracks I'm all ears. I know about the Roger Nichols one, but it's not jiving with VST 2.4.

I know about Schwa's FFT splitter, but it can't do what yours can. PLEASE point me to a Proper splitter that does the same thing.

Or dammit, stop shitting on my AWESOME splitter, and make a better one!
Old 08-28-2008, 06:04 AM   #4
drew
Mobile

I wish to add my support.. LOSER's splitter rocks and despite apparently having a phase issue I've always been happy in nulling tests and not noticed any weirdnessnessnessnessnessnessnessness.
drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:49 PM   #5
larrygates

Yep me either, that plug is SO GREAT. I don't know anything else out there like it, that does what it does with VST 2.4 technology. As I said Roger Nichols has one that works EXACTLY the same in PT. But CMON. Loser!!!

There's a few other VST's that do this, but not like splitter can with the routing to sep tracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
I wish to add my support.. LOSER's splitter rocks and despite apparently having a phase issue I've always been happy in nulling tests and not noticed any weirdnessnessnessnessnessnessnessness.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:53 PM   #6
Mercado_Negro

Hey guys... try these ones:

This one is real good but just 3 freq...
http://www.rs-met.com/software/freeb...r3Way_v0.6.zip

An maybe you have heard of this one... this guy developes some great plugs:
http://www.rhythminmind.net/presetbl...y-dividers.zip

****Last link plugs are real good because you can get even 24dB's slope and they are 3 and 4 bands splitters
Mercado_Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:18 PM   #7
larrygates

I don't think either of these 2 can output the split signal to Separate outputs on the track to be sent to receive channels?

Am I right on this?

I STAND CORRECTED. I presume the best one out the bunch is the Crossover one? As the Transparent one only does 2 or 4 Band splitting. Most of the Time I only want 3 bands at the most. Not really more than that. Unless someone can teach me!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
Hey guys... try these ones:

This one is real good but just 3 freq...
http://www.rs-met.com/software/freeb...r3Way_v0.6.zip

An maybe you have heard of this one... this guy developes some great plugs:
http://www.rhythminmind.net/presetbl...y-dividers.zip

****Last link plugs are real good because you can get even 24dB's slope and they are 3 and 4 bands splitters

Last edited by larrygates; 08-28-2008 at 05:25 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:33 AM   #8
Mercado_Negro

Yes they can Larry... I do it everytime I use them... Now I ain't got time to explain but I'll come back later to explain it to you, see ya!
Mercado_Negro is offline   Reply With Quote