Old 08-15-2016, 05:57 AM   #1
strachupl
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper full themable

Reaper is half themable. Even in default theme it looks like it is not full graphically consolidated.

I attempt to make my own theme (it is not finished, beta, half in work).
As I use Windows 7 I see everywhere some uncustomizable things like
buttons, backgrounds, plugin GUIs, shadows and higlights.
I tried to set windows theme to classic and tweak some colours in windows registry.
Also I tried to download some 3rd party themes for windows and change some system files.
I tried even edit system files with reshacker.
These things are complicated and cause many other problems in using OS.
I was wondering if Reaper could be finally full themable?
My theme looks terrible as I wish it to be dark. There are examples:

As i have FL studio demo I can compare Reaper 5 graphic integrity vs FL studio 12 which I was using few years ago.

strachupl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 03:35 PM   #2
juliansader
Human being with feelings

There are many long threads in other subforums that show how passionate users are about improving the appearance of REAPER. For example, the recent thread Updated Reaper Interface.

Personally I would nominate the MIDI editor as the part of REAPER that needs theming most urgently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
REAPER's main window can be themed down to the minutiae, and there are several themes that I find beautiful.

Unfortunately, the window that composers spend most of their time staring at is not the main window, but rather the MIDI editor. The MIDI editor is only minimally themeable, and the clunky filter/info bar at the bottom is especially unsexy when compared to the main window's themeable transport bar.
I should add that the notation editor's glaring white background is rather straining on the eyes, so it would be a relief to be able to use a dark background, as in the piano roll.
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote