Old 04-15-2017, 04:32 PM   #1
tyllmusic
Human being with feelings

Default Need help to modify JS

Hey there,
I have almost no understanding of JS, but I would love to have a certain functionality in a script that I frequently use and I hope that it's easy to implement and maybe someone can help me.

The script I'm talking about is "JS: MIDI channel to Keyswitch" by Blake Robinson, which can be found in his BRSO Articulate package: http://www.syntheticorchestra.com/articulatereaper/

The problem I have using this script is that it seems to "forget" the latest KS after playing back in Reaper (play+stop). This means that every time I play back a part, I have to re-select the articulation I wanted to play, because the JS would send an extra keyswitch every first time I press a MIDI note after a playback (play+stop).

I think that this script (https://stash.reaper.fm/v/11328/Multi...DI%20Keyswitch) has gotten an @serialize section to prevent a similar issue?! So I am hoping someone could add some memory function like to the JS linked above.

I hope this makes sense. The exact setup is a little more complex, using stephane's articulation inspector (JS: midi_keyswitch) into this plugin ("JS: MIDI channel to Keyswitch") into Vienna Instrument, which is configured so that I do not only get one, but two keyswitches for an X- and Y-axis keyswitch support in Vienna Instrument. Using ReaControlMIDI's log I have figured out though that the JS that keeps sending the extra MIDI data after a play/stop-reset is the one in question. So I hope the context of the use doesn't matter. If it does, just let me know. I might even have to make a short video explaining everything.

If this is too much I ask for, not possible at all or if it's not allowed since this is a script by someone else, just let me know. I just thought asking politely wouldn't harm anyone.

Thanks a lot and greetings from Hamburg, Germany.
Tyll

Last edited by tyllmusic; 04-16-2017 at 07:51 AM.
tyllmusic is offline   Reply With Quote