Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 09-01-2014, 08:53 AM   #1
vilo1968
Human being with feelings

Default Level difference waves to export and import

Hello friends. I'm new to Reaper. Using Samplitude but I'm looking into Reaper and the truth is that I'm seeing is a great DAW.

I tell them my problem. I have a project completed in SAM and gave it to Reaper, track by track and importing configuration settings (levels, panning, plugins, etc).

The truth is that the result is almost identical.

Then I opened a new project in Reaper only 2 tracks in one place and finished the wave made ​​in Sam and the other over the wave done in Reaper. More than anything to "see" waveforms and see it canceled and others.

Beyond that, what I see is that being the 2 tracks at 0 dB, as the master, make me clip 2.

They are 2 bounces at 48 KHz, 24 bit, no dither. The version of Sam that was rendered with some plugins on the master to lift level but without spending -0.1.

These same plugins placed in the master Reaper and configured the same. Both programs clipeaban not marked as peak and -0.1 dB.

Now when I import the files to a new project in Reaper, both make me clypeus of +0.4 db.

The wave rendering figurative Reaper was with a -3 dB panlaw. The SAM with panlaw that vien default.

This new project in Reaper comparing both waves was by default a panlaw 0db, so supuese that must be it, so I changed it to 3dB. But now both waves make me a peak of -2.6 dB.

The truth is I do not understand because if both were rendered to wabes -0.1dB, without touching anything, on a new project would have to make this and yet it is not.

I doubt to get me a new project this time Samplitude with the 2 waves here and if both make me a peak of -0.1db on each channel and the master ¿?

Qque I am configuring something wrong in Reaper for me not to take both files to their actual level.

We appreciate your help.

Pdt: Sorry for my English
vilo1968 is offline   Reply With Quote