Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 07-28-2014, 05:44 PM   #1
ArtVandelay
Human being with feelings

Default New Mac, Reaper, and us-122mkii not playing nice

Just got a new Macbook pro running os x 10.8.5. Set it up with Reaper and my trusty Tascam us-122mkII. Installed proper driver plus firmware for the tascam. For some reason reaper gets all laggy and glitchy when I select the tascam as my device. All of reaper becomes almost unusable. Even just typing in the search field for my Vst's/au's is slow response and laggy. I really can't figure this out. Reaper and my tascam worked beautifully with my old Dell.
ArtVandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 06:32 PM   #2
ArtVandelay

Default New Mac, Reaper, and us-122mkii not playing nice

Just got a new Macbook pro running os x 10.8.5. Set it up with Reaper and my trusty Tascam us-122mkII. Installed proper driver plus firmware for the tascam. For some reason reaper gets all laggy and glitchy when I select the tascam as my device. All of reaper becomes almost unusable. Even just typing in the search field for my Vst's/au's is slow response and laggy. I really can't figure this out. Reaper and my tascam worked beautifully with my old Dell.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:44 PM   #3
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Please make sure you checked Options->Preferences->Audio->Device->"Ignore running change notifications (may be required for some devices)" - this is needed for some interfaces (including Tascam) on Mountain Lion and higher.
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:21 PM   #4
ArtVandelay

Ok thanks that helped tremendously. It's now usable but still seems kinda of laggy visually. For instance as the scroll passes over a loop it doesn't look like it's moving totally smooth and my db meters don't bounce with the audio smoothly. When audio stops it looks like it takes a second for the levels to actually drop after the audio is no longer coming out of monitors. As far as the actual audio goes it seems ok. Doesn't seem to be any latency. But visually for some reason it's there.