Old 04-07-2014, 01:18 PM   #1721
foxAsteria
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by FnA View Post
Undo zoom and edit cursor are awesome. Is similar action for Time, Loop, and Item selection out of the question? Also Save/Restore Arrange Slot 1-5 might be nice.
there are already actions for storing/restoring item, time and loop selection.

i also found a way to bookmark and return to one arrange position (Cycle Action, like this):

works great as a toolbar toggle button.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:23 PM   #1722
FnA

I meant for those times when you click or drag when you shouldn't, then you can just undo it. Its too many undo points to have them enabled in preferences. Too much spam. If we had slots for the arrange action you could have two or more bookmarks. The edit cursor save restore slots 1-5 are useful and inspired that comment.
FnA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 03:50 PM   #1723
Jeffos
Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by semiquaver View Post
having problems with macros including the action(s) "open Console with command S" - the macros don't wait for user input in the console as they used to - this has changed recently

I have a macro that allows me to select a track by name with the console and then do various things to it and this is otherwise requiring 3 keystrokes

help!
ah... yes. there was an fr to make this window dockable, so it won't wait for your input anymore (modeless).
would be great make that optional...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr_Oleynik View Post
Hi!

I have 27 Cycle Actions and 27 Snapshots.
In each Cycle Action I use action "Recall snapshot #n" (#n = number according to a snapshot's number).
After project restart all Cycle Actions in which Recall snapshot are used from #1 to #12 are activated automatically, all from #13 are needed to be activated manually.
yes, 12 by default. >12 are created on the fly, as needed (but sometimes, related cycle actions were already created a long time ago = the prob).
Quote:
Tell me, please, is there a way to solve this problem?
will add an option to let you configure this default number 12 in the next release.
in the meantime, if >12 snapshots, upgrading SWS to the last version, and make REAPER open the said project when you launch it, should fix it too (or making toolbar buttons for recall actions > 12, don't ask )

Last edited by Jeffos; 04-08-2014 at 03:55 PM.
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:30 AM   #1724
benes

Default problem with sws extensions

Hello. I updated reaper, but it said that sws extensions were not installed. I re-installed them. But reaper don't still recognize them. (It is the x64 version of reaper). What can I do?
benes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:07 AM   #1725
benes

Please ignore the previous post : I have installed the 32 bit version of reaper ! Now it is OK.
benes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:50 AM   #1726
Aleksandr_Oleynik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffos View Post
will add an option to let you configure this default number 12 in the next release.
Thank you very much for v2.4.0 #7 pre-release build (April 9, 2014)

Now everything works fine!
Aleksandr_Oleynik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:58 AM   #1727
BogdanS

after update sws to #8 and reaper to 4.611 all my cycle actions disappeared from the action list and dont work.

Last edited by BogdanS; 04-14-2014 at 01:07 AM.
BogdanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:44 AM   #1728
Jeffos
Mortal

Yep, as mentionned on the website, SWS v2.4.0 #8 is a pre-release that itself relies on REAPER pre-release v4.62pre7+.

... cycle actions in the MIDI Editor are coming soon

Downgrading to SWS v2.4.0 #3 should bring your cycle actions back.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:39 AM   #1729
Vincent Sermonne
Petit manitou

Quote:
Yep, as mentionned on the website, SWS v2.4.0 #8 is a pre-release that itself relies on REAPER pre-release v4.62pre7+.

... cycle actions in the MIDI Editor are coming soon

Downgrading to SWS v2.4.0 #3 should bring your cycle actions back.
bonne nouvelles !!!
Old 04-15-2014, 04:38 AM   #1730
bladerunner

Probably a question that's been answered here before but can SWS extensions be installed over the last one just like the way reaper can be installed over the old installation? This is using the latest 'main' version 2.4.0#3 - not the pre-release 2.4.0#8
Old 04-15-2014, 05:05 AM   #1731
nofish

^^^

I always install over the old one and didn't run into any problems so far (that I'm aware of).
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:09 AM   #1732
Aleksandr_Oleynik

Quote:
Thank you very much for v2.4.0 #7 pre-release build (April 9, 2014)
Now everything works fine!
v2.4.0 #8 and Reaper 4.611
Doesn't Work Cycle Action in Project, created in Reaper 4.6.1 with SWS v 2.4.0. #7 (Cycle Action doesn't activate).
Aleksandr_Oleynik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:14 AM   #1733
EvilDragon

Revert to previous beta build of SWS. #8 is only intended as a test for v4.62pre7+, not v4.611.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:33 AM   #1734
BogdanS

Quote:
WOW! Now that's a 6000th post! Thanks A LOT for that Reno.thestraws!!

Very clear explanations.
I might copy/paste everything you said for documentation purpose, beginning with the next SWS change log/whatsnew.........
Your wonderful script whith mouse modify dont working after update sws to version #8. hopefully fix
BogdanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 04:29 AM   #1735
XITE-1/4LIVE

Thanks Team. Yesterdays beta seems to be working well for me.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:21 PM   #1736
cyrilfb

Default autocolor

I have searched and cannot find an answer to this.
Is there a file that I can copy from my desktop to my laptop so that I have the same SWS autocolor for my tracks on both machines?

Thanks
cyrilfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 01:29 PM   #1737
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrilfb View Post
I have searched and cannot find an answer to this.
Is there a file that I can copy from my desktop to my laptop so that I have the same SWS autocolor for my tracks on both machines?

Thanks
it is sws-autocoloricon.ini
in Reaper directory.
you could just use Reaper in portable mode and just copy the entire Reaper directory and you will have the same configuration in both desktop and laptop.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 02:25 PM   #1738
cyrilfb

Default Portable

Thanks Heda, I do have both as portable. The laptop Reaper is on a usb stick.
I was always afraid that some setting specific to the computer hardware would cause a problem on the other machine. Will try it as soon as I can.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:45 PM   #1739
foxAsteria

still having same problems to reset cycle actions from other cycle actions in the last 3 or 4 betas (slightly different problem each version).

changing the toggle state via CA for other CA's containing more than one step is not possible via exclusive actions or conditional statements. if there is more than one step, a CA does not change the state of another CA; only if it's got one step and a solid-dot true toggle.

In this toolbar below i have a button that used to reset the states of all the save and load buttons. now it only works for the load buttons (one step) but not for the save buttons (2 step; no-op second step is to keep them on despite being excl toggles).

it used to work in betas before the new excl toggles. the save buttons should stay lit until turned off or reset. load buttons are exclusive but should turn on when respective save state is used (hence both having the excl toggle action).

as you can see in the reset CA, i've tried resetting the states via excl toggle states and directly triggering the cycle action. neither has any effect.

these require exclusive toggles B01-B05 enabled in s&m.ini:

https://stash.reaper.fm/20430/fx%20co...bar.ReaperMenu

https://stash.reaper.fm/20431/S%26M_C...ons_export.ini

p.s. would make sense to add an option to suppress "sharing" warnings now that CA's can check other CA states, as i get the error dialog every single time i change anything now.

Last edited by foxAsteria; 04-20-2014 at 05:54 PM.
foxAsteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:03 AM   #1740
Jeffos
Mortal

It seems people don't even read the last entry before posting but, anyway, I try again

As mentioned in the website, the last official/stable SWS build is v2.4.0 #3.

Other versions are pre-release builds, and pre-release software should be expected to have bugs.
Of course, we do appreciate feedback about those versions too, but to avoid any confusion (like some posts above), it is better to report issues in our issue tracker or in the dedicated pre-release thread. Not here.

I will hide the "download pre-release" section of the website too to avoid such confusions, hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooFox View Post
still having same problems to reset cycle actions from other cycle actions in the last 3 or 4 betas (slightly different problem each version).
PooFox, you're talking about a pre-release too....
That being said, confirmed & fixed for the next *pre-release* (it's side-effect of the recent MIDI Editor support).
Old 04-21-2014, 12:30 PM   #1741
cyrilfb

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
it is sws-autocoloricon.ini
in Reaper directory.
you could just use Reaper in portable mode and just copy the entire Reaper directory and you will have the same configuration in both desktop and laptop.
On my desktop computer (Win Vista) does not have the settings in sws-autocoloricon.ini. I would be able to read them there. When I copy that file to the usb and use it in laptop(Win XT) nothing changes.
I also tried as you suggested copying the entire Reaper folder because both are portable install and nothing changed.

This is on the desktop and I want it on the laptop:

Last edited by cyrilfb; 04-21-2014 at 12:32 PM. Reason: original image did not show
Old 04-21-2014, 01:52 PM   #1742
lachrimae

You might try exporting your config in preferences and importing that file on the laptop...
lachrimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:53 PM   #1743
cyrilfb

Default autocolor

OK, ignore my last post. I did a search of the entire computer and found the file here:
C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\REAPER\sws-autocoloricon.ini

Apparently Win Vista thought that it could not be stored with the Reaper executable stuff when it was changed. I am now trying to change privileges or move Reaper to somewhere with less problems.

Thanks for you help,
Cy

Last edited by cyrilfb; 04-21-2014 at 01:54 PM. Reason: remove user name from path
Old 04-29-2014, 11:11 AM   #1744
alextone

Trying to install sws 2.4.0.3 x64 at the moment, but it won't allow me to install to Reaper(X64)\Plugins, and if i choose the main reaper folder, it tells me i need reaper_sws.dll, which is in the plugins folder. (Along with the one i think i really need for x64, reaper_sws64.dll).

Alex.

EDIT: Solved.

Last edited by alextone; 04-29-2014 at 11:17 AM.
alextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:32 AM   #1745
foxAsteria

Anyone else been forced to reassign all their cycle action shortcuts recently? Driving me nuts that so many of my key commands have been doing nothing of late...
Old 05-19-2014, 08:44 AM   #1746
heda

Default SWS Subtitles from items

One idea for the SWS subtitles support:
Currently we can use markers or regions for the subtitles. It is great but I also use regions and markers for other things and it is difficult to manage because subtitles create a lot of regions and clutters the workspace a bit.

So the idea would be to add another option to work with subtitles using a track with empty items and getting the subtitle string from the notes of each item. It can easily be moved and adjusted as a region but doesn't interfere with current regions. Just an idea.
Another idea would be to use take names of some selected items.

All these ideas come from this thread where there is a good guide for working with subtitles in Reaper http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=140209
But it could be simpler if SWS could support these features I mention.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:41 AM   #1747
lucky_bleeder

Default S&M notes : can't paste .

I don't use this feature that often, but when I do it's a god send.

Usually I just copy and paste my notes into the project notes section but now the paste bit is broken. I can still write in directly , just no pasting.

Anyone else ?

cheers
Pendle
lucky_bleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:33 AM   #1748
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_bleeder View Post
Usually I just copy and paste my notes into the project notes section but now the paste bit is broken. I can still write in directly , just no pasting.
no problems pasting in S&M project notes here. CTRL+V or right click and paste working good.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:40 AM   #1749
lucky_bleeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
no problems pasting in S&M project notes here. CTRL+V or right click and paste working good.
Ha thanks...I just noticed that it is actually my windows cut 'n paste that is broken !!!!!

Anyone know how to fix that ??
lucky_bleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 05:19 AM   #1750
mehmethan

Hi SWS developers,

Is it possible to have slots for "Save current arrange view" ?

Thanks
mehmethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:16 AM   #1751
wol

There will be 5 slots in next pre-release.
wol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 12:58 PM   #1752
mehmethan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wol View Post
There will be 5 slots in next pre-release.
Excellent !
mehmethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:15 AM   #1753
unique

Hello, I am trying to use the cycle action editor to accomplish something but I am having some trouble (maybe I am using the wrong feature?)

Currently I am using actions {SWS/AW:Grid set to 1/1(whole notes)} all the way up to {SWS/AW:Grid set to 1/32} as customized buttons in my toolbar. What happens is once I select one of these buttons it sets the grid and toggles the state of the action on , it will also toggle the state of the previous set grid state off, this is good as it tells me visually which set grid note count I am using and what I am not using.

Now what I need help with is incorporating Set grid 1/64 and 1/128 into this mix as the sws extension did not already include these values in the set grid area for the arrange window. I want the same thing to happen with these new grid set values. If i activate one i want it to toggle the state of the previous to off and have only one grid set state on at a time all in conjunction/harmony/association/etc with the 1/1 - 1/32 grid sets. I want to end up with grid sets 1/1 - 1/128 which will reflectively only have ONE grid set action ON at a time , while the other grid states will all report OFF at the same time automatically when one grid set or the other is activated.

Any suggestions? I was trying to read up on the cycle actions editor however the documentation is outdated http://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.ph..._Cycle_Actions plus 3 of the 4 links under where it says edit march 14th "here are a couple links that might help" are not found links.

If I am not clear enough on my intention ill end up making a video and put it on youtube.

Thanks for reading and INFINITE thanks if you could help me get to where I am trying to go
unique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:30 AM   #1754
EvilDragon

Just make a custom action using the SWS 1/32 grid, after which goes the action "Grid: Adjust by 1/2". Repeat that action twice to get 1/128.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:50 AM   #1755
unique

Thank you for the idea and congrats on your marriage. I am trying to get exactly as described in my previous post, the visual representation of the current grid set to be displayed with a highlighted button from the states being reported on or off. Hopefully It will be achieved.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:55 AM   #1756
EvilDragon

Hmm... Just tried it. Seems that it doesn't stay enabled. Bummer.

Well, time to ask if AW could add two new actions, then
Old 06-05-2014, 03:35 AM   #1757
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by unique View Post
Set grid 1/64 and 1/128
Done for the next pre-release

Btw, it's easier if you put your FRs here: https://code.google.com/p/sws-extension/issues/list, otherwise they may get lost in forum posts.
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:52 AM   #1758
G-Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeder View Post

Btw, it's easier if you put your FRs here: https://code.google.com/p/sws-extension/issues/list, otherwise they may get lost in forum posts.
You've really become a SWS-hero Breeder
Thanks for your excellent work!
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:10 AM   #1759
heda

and hopefully devs will fix this Reaper's bug when setting grids with actions. Vote if you can reproduce it http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=5194
Old 06-05-2014, 10:12 AM   #1760
unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeder View Post

Thank you. I will visit the link you provided. Many thanks.