Old 01-14-2017, 02:53 PM   #2121
lb0
Human being with feelings

Thanks all - I've read your requests - all should be doable - Timbral - you've confused me somewhat (easily done I'm afraid) - but I think you're getting at you want the ability to link faderbox faders to any parameter?? If so - should be doable...

Now - I'm really really going to get macro knobs working next - I've been promising them right from the start and that was months ago - so I'm going to concentrate on that before doing anything else.

Then I'll try and pile on through the many requests

Thanks again Timbral - for your videos - will check out the latest 2 properly when I get a mo (and don't risk waking the baby!! )
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 04:46 PM   #2122
RJHollins

What are 'macro knobs' ?
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 05:01 PM   #2123
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
What are 'macro knobs' ?
Well - my interpretation is where a single knob controls a set of parameters. So much like an XY - but where XY often morphs between 4+ presets, macro knobs interpolate parameter values between 2 presets AB.

So you can turn a single knob and it alters many parameters between points A and B (the ranges are chosen separately for each parameter).

The requests I've had are to also include 'slopes' where the transformation between parameter 1 A setting and B setting might not be linear - for fast/slow fades etc. Each parameter will have it's own slope setting - so you may wish to fade a filter's cutoff and resonance - but you may wish to change the cutoff linearly - but the resonance faster, so you put a fast start slope on the resonance.

I guess it's just a bit more fixed, controllable and predictable than an XY pad.

Technically - you can already do this in a roundabout way using Metalite - by placing just two snapshots on the XY grid - then create a path that goes directly from one to the other (straight line). Then add a fader from faderbox to automate the path - and drag the faderbox fader parameter back into the strip. The main difference here is that although you can use the gravity setting to act like a slope - it would be the same slope for all parameters in the snapshot.
Old 01-14-2017, 07:07 PM   #2124
RJHollins

Seems this 'Macro Knob' is gonna make some people very happy, after reading/following this and the Metalite portions.

Even though I don't see a direct use for the type of work I do ... it does open the imagination to other types of workflow and functions.

Just thinking out loud, wondering if this might be a future possibility ?!? What if there was a way to map a series of plugins [eq's] in such a way as we commonly see in market, of 'control dots' on a freq/gain grid, where the mouse-CLK would grab an assigned dot and be moveable in an XYZ plane.

[example eq's would be FabFilter, DMG-RQualibrium, etc].

dreaming
Old 01-15-2017, 05:01 AM   #2125
lb0

Quote:
Seems this 'Macro Knob' is gonna make some people very happy, after reading/following this and the Metalite portions.

Even though I don't see a direct use for the type of work I do ... it does open the imagination to other types of workflow and functions.

Just thinking out loud, wondering if this might be a future possibility ?!? What if there was a way to map a series of plugins [eq's] in such a way as we commonly see in market, of 'control dots' on a freq/gain grid, where the mouse-CLK would grab an assigned dot and be moveable in an XYZ plane.

[example eq's would be FabFilter, DMG-RQualibrium, etc].

dreaming
Sounds very interesting - but I have to say you've lost me on the Z plane!!?

I understand X = freq, Y = gain, but what would the Z axis do? time? so like an automated eq? Q? or what else would it represent?

I don't own either of FabFilter or DMG Equilibrium - so if it's anything specific to those - It would need some explanation.
Old 01-15-2017, 07:38 AM   #2126
timbralzoom

Hi,
""link faderbox faders to any parameter""
pffft!
yes what a simple and clear translation!
i was preparing to record a video to demonstrate what i meant by link exactly
and how would to use - what the benefit etc.
saw this:
while un-linking the parameters

EDIT:
and also this.. after rename need to click to knob to see new name

EDIT2:
linking seems more complex/complicated than i thought
at least the way i am suggesting it seems must be snapshot based :/
otherwise once you link the parameters, even after reset the lfo depth, target parameter become unmovable.

EDIT3:
rename knob thingy is also valid for Graphic edit/ insert label

Last edited by timbralzoom; 01-15-2017 at 08:17 AM.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 09:47 AM   #2127
lb0

Aah - back to mega bug finding mode I see Timbral - thanks - all fixed in latest update.

If you do update - please ignore the new macro control bit under Actions & Meters - as it don't do anything yet

Also - I have updated the LBXCS_Resources.zip.

I realised I had made a mistake when rendering the original Knob PNGs. Ooops - taken me this long to realize - but they were limiting themselves to only 50 frames of animation even though 100 frames were rendered.

Only update if you use my knob controls - and don't update instead of your current resources folder - just add the SimpleKnob and SimpleKnob2 (all sizes) and __default pngs to your controls folder. I know on windows you should just be able to merge everything in from the controls folder - but if you have made changes to any of my default controls - then you may wish to be careful.

if not sure Just look for the 2017 timestamped files - and copy them across. You should find the knob animation a lot smoother
Old 01-15-2017, 10:19 AM   #2128
timbralzoom

Thanks!
i can confirm, un Learn and insert label fixed!

tiny one, fixable easily:
seems "SimpleFlat2_32" png rendered 48 pixel.

Edit:
for late reply...
last two videos just a GUI show off with the snapshots, so you can just ignore them
Old 01-15-2017, 10:39 AM   #2129
RJHollins

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Sounds very interesting - but I have to say you've lost me on the Z plane!!?

I understand X = freq, Y = gain, but what would the Z axis do? time? so like an automated eq? Q? or what else would it represent?

I don't own either of FabFilter or DMG Equilibrium - so if it's anything specific to those - It would need some explanation.
Ahh ... the Z-plane. yeah ... I meant as a control for 'Q', that could be adjust on the display with the Mouse-Wheel.

Just hitting my morning cup of Joe ... but I can post more details a bit later. This would be a 'graphics' control that would integrate multiple NEBULA instances that could be control via this GRAFT mode and/or KNOBs. It may also be useful as a multi-parameter link for the sound design Guys.

The 2 EQ's I mentioned are just a couple of examples, but this type of GUI is common in some other releases. I could post a pix if helpful.

Thinking of this as a future idea ... and to see if this was even possible or desired. [what You've done already is amazing].

2. Just updated to the latest LUA and made the RESOURCE update. Seems everything working just fine. THX
Old 01-15-2017, 10:47 AM   #2130
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
Thanks!
i can confirm, un Learn and insert label fixed!

tiny one, fixable easily:
seems "SimpleFlat2_32" png rendered 48 pixel.

Edit:
for late reply...
last two videos just a GUI show off with the snapshots, so you can just ignore them
Ooops - at least one of us is awake

Have fixed the 32 pixel one and reuploaded the zip file.

Thanks.
Old 01-15-2017, 10:55 AM   #2131
lb0

Quote:
Ahh ... the Z-plane. yeah ... I meant as a control for 'Q', that could be adjust on the display with the Mouse-Wheel.

Just hitting my morning cup of Joe ... but I can post more details a bit later. This would be a 'graphics' control that would integrate multiple NEBULA instances that could be control via this GRAFT mode and/or KNOBs. It may also be useful as a multi-parameter link for the sound design Guys.

The 2 EQ's I mentioned are just a couple of examples, but this type of GUI is common in some other releases. I could post a pix if helpful.

Thinking of this as a future idea ... and to see if this was even possible or desired. [what You've done already is amazing].

2. Just updated to the latest LUA and made the RESOURCE update. Seems everything working just fine. THX
Ah ok.

Sorry - but you'll need to update the zip once more to correct the simpleflat2_32 png.

Q eh? Well - now I know what you mean (I use Acon D's Equalise which also has this (and a brilliant continuous slope) -

the main issue is any graphic I would produce would not probably truly represent the curve of the many different types of EQ out there. As Q value is somewhat implementation specific - one EQ's Q width of say 4 - is likely different to another EQ's Q width of 4 is it not.

But as a general guide - I guess it would be possible in the future. Not quite sure how it would be set up - and how it would know number of available bands - and filter types etc - but it might be possible at some rudimentary level. And how it could work with something like Massive Passive style EQ - that has a Q tied in with the gain level (proportional bandwidth or something) - which I believe you very kindly explained to me many many moons ago.

But I guess a basic frequency, Q and Gain selector could be developed. As long as you don't rely on any curve diagram...
Old 01-15-2017, 01:47 PM   #2132
timbralzoom

forgot to say, also parameter types needs update.
Old 01-15-2017, 02:13 PM   #2133
lb0

Quote:
forgot to say, also parameter types needs update.
Aaah - you don't miss anything

done

New zip file - hopefully last for the moment!!
Old 01-16-2017, 06:18 AM   #2134
timbralzoom

new found:
is there is a hidden limit to parameter count in the subsets?

small history:
Subset was clone of the Page and was old one...i was trying to add new parameters in it..
added "perc1" parameters successfully then realized there are some missing ones

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...UZmYjIxS3BZYms

Last edited by timbralzoom; 01-16-2017 at 06:23 AM.
Old 01-16-2017, 12:00 PM   #2135
lb0

Quote:
new found:
is there is a hidden limit to parameter count in the subsets?

small history:
Subset was clone of the Page and was old one...i was trying to add new parameters in it..
added "perc1" parameters successfully then realized there are some missing ones

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...UZmYjIxS3BZYms
Hmmm. Shouldn't be any limit. Obviously a bug so will look into. Can you send me your project with the missing params. It may not help me as most params will be missing (fx missing) and I think they get removed or unselectable when they are missing. But will see if I can spot the problem.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:35 PM   #2136
timbralzoom

project&controls&graphics
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...05iZTZQRnVZejA

let me know if i miss anything.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:43 PM   #2137
lb0

Quote:
project&controls&graphics
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...05iZTZQRnVZejA

let me know if i miss anything.
Ok - got to the bottom of this

There is no limits for parameters. But I think because this is an old project - some of the controls ended up with duplicate control ids. A while back I added code to prevent this from happening - but I think because your project is quite old it predates that fix.

So - if you download the latest version. Find the control that won't let you add - in normal (not snapshot learn mode) - right-click control - Tools->Regenerate ID.

Then try relearn the control.

I worked this out mainly because your horizontal slider send that won't add - actually deselected another control from the snapshots. So you may wish to go back to an earlier version if possible before you subsetted out the page snapshots to ensure they aren't missing parameter which was being deselected when trying to select the missing parameter.

Best not to do this (Regenerate ID) for any other reason as in other cases it will leave your snapshots messed up slightly - but if the control hasn't been added to a snapshot (because it has duplicate ID) - it should be fine. Remember to back up just to be sure

So this regen id tool should only be used to fix old projects - no reason to use it otherwise
Old 01-16-2017, 09:36 PM   #2138
timbralzoom

oh!
if i knew it was specific to me, specific to this project i wouldn't report,
because it seems just deleting the old subsets and creating new ones
was more than enough!
anyway..
downloaded, ill test tonight
Thank you so much!
Old 01-17-2017, 01:12 AM   #2139
lb0

Quote:
oh!
if i knew it was specific to me, specific to this project i wouldn't report,
because it seems just deleting the old subsets and creating new ones
was more than enough!
anyway..
downloaded, ill test tonight
Thank you so much!
Even deleting subsets wouldn't have fixed properly. You had 2 sets of controls with matching ids - which would mean you could not properly set 2 of those 4 controls.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:34 AM   #2140
timbralzoom

Quote:
Even deleting subsets wouldn't have fixed properly. You had 2 sets of controls with matching ids - which would mean you could not properly set 2 of those 4 controls.
i see now, i am relief a bit, because it seems will helpful to everyone,at some point.
Thank you so much again!

new one,
occurred only once..(so reporting for just in case)
when i create new project tab while Stripper window open..

...Scripts\LBX\LBX Stripper.lua:18751: attempt to index a nil value

(local 'file')

tried to reproduce again with the same project open but it seems one time only.

EDIT:
a small dose for the night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN1x...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by timbralzoom; 01-17-2017 at 08:23 AM.
Old 01-19-2017, 02:10 PM   #2141
lb0

Hi All.

Well - developing a few things at the moment - Have started work on macro controls - but still some things to do there.

Also started work on this:

https://youtu.be/ri0M5NRZwh4

RJ Hollins sowed the seed in my brain for this - he's a bad person . Hope some of you might find it useful.

Still some way off complete - need to add saving and loading of bands and entire EQs, band enable/offline options, plus add other controls that might be available on the eq plugins (slope/filter type etc).

But just to show you what's around the corner
Old 01-19-2017, 02:37 PM   #2142
dasombre

woooow Ib0, this is looking really promising. As only 2 weeks in on Nebula recently (and blown away by the sound BTW) I'm totally happy that you are working on this new feature
I've also seen that you introduced some kind of "container" for plug-ins which is already a bit similar to what I voiced as an idea a few weeks ago here in this thread: a way to hide or show controls this is already sooo cool. Not sure if you only want to use this "container" thing for eqs or if this will be also usable for other plugs and control. for example a "Comp" or whatever button (userdefinable) which when clicked brings you to a set of parameters and macros by the user. (<- a good way to unclutter busy strips and stay focused on certain things). Maybe a modiefied drag of a strip could optionally bring in the strip as "containered" strip which is shown when we click on the name of the strip after dragging it in like you did with the eq-button in the video). I hope you understand what I mean.

Anyway, so looking forward to this. Thanks a lot MR! Also I'm there when a donate button should appear later on
dasombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 02:54 PM   #2143
RJHollins

Quote:
Hi All.

Well - developing a few things at the moment - Have started work on macro controls - but still some things to do there.

RJ Hollins sowed the seed in my brain for this - he's a bad person . Hope some of you might find it useful.

Still some way off complete - need to add saving and loading of bands and entire EQs, band enable/offline options, plus add other controls that might be available on the eq plugins (slope/filter type etc).

Because He's BAD, He's Bad .... Na, Na Na na !

This is so fantastic

You So BAD !

[thank-you]
Old 01-19-2017, 03:01 PM   #2144
Sju

Wow... genius at work. Also, finally got some time to play with the Stripper and really enjoying the new features. Got some requests in mind if you don't mind

1. A way to delete all the snapshot in the current subset (I use it for temporarily A/Bing different plugin settings at equal loudness. After selecting the best one I'd like to quickly discard all the snapshots)

2. Right-click menu option to delete the strip and it's plugin under the cursor. At the moment I think there's no quick way of removing both?

3. Possible to rearrange the Insert strip (favorites) submenu? Subolders for different categories of effects? I'm using FX Chains like this and I think it would be nice for Stripper too, when the strips start building up.

Attached Images
File Type: png fx menu.png (6.4 KB, 655 views)
Sju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 04:17 PM   #2145
Vincent Sermonne
Petit manitou

uffff !!! Gandalf the white is back ! Leon, it is a f... great feature !
Old 01-19-2017, 04:25 PM   #2146
timbralzoom

Quote:
Hi All.

!!
i swear you are trying to give us heart attack
did i understand fully? hmm not yet, need to think about the combinations but seems
as dasombre pointed
"when clicked brings you to a set of parameters and macros by the user"

-stripception (<- yes cheap but i said anyway ) would be useful to have!
-wouldn't be great, that smart & intelligent value box thingy, default for all parameters?

short..
this is huge!!
Old 01-19-2017, 04:27 PM   #2147
lb0

Thanks all - a bit more to do to polish it up. This is only 2 and a bit days working in my spare time (so prob. about 8 hours) ... I wasn't quite sure how it would work with regard to the frequency axis scaling - but working ok so far - some are a bit out - but that's why I've made it draw dynamically - adjusting depending on what band you grab).

Probably some things will crop up with certain EQ's (ReaEQ gain doesn't play nicely - but that's always been a tough one - I'm sure I'll work something out - but really this is for Nebula isn't it! + adding opportunity to piece together all your favourite bands from whatever EQs)

I have many things to add to this - but I'll prioritize and get the main bits done first.

And I will add all the suggestions (thanks Sju and Dasombre) to my todo list!
Old 01-19-2017, 05:51 PM   #2148
RJHollins

Seriously ... a DONATE button added to that list.
Old 01-20-2017, 09:18 AM   #2149
Arthur McArthur

Quote:
Seriously ... a DONATE button added to that list.
Or an Amazon wishlist!

New feature looks incredible!!!
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 09:56 AM   #2150
timbralzoom

Live.. tweaking the knobs randomly while switching the uTONIC presets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASPj...ature=youtu.be
Old 01-20-2017, 04:21 PM   #2151
nofish

Hi,
I've been watching this (fascinated) silently but now I have a question...
Would it be possible to provide MIDI feedback via LBX stripper ?

Background:
I'm looking for a solution to do some live things and the stripper seems well suited for this but - for remote controlling parameters I use a BCR2000 (has endless encoders) and I'd need a way to update the encoders on snapshot changes so they always stay in sync.

Basically a solution for this:
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=94384

Initial idea for asking is the recent v5.33pre1 release since it now provides a way for scripts to send MIDI messages to external devices.
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=186593

Do you think this would be doable and if so would you be interested in doing it ?

Thanks.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 07:46 PM   #2152
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
Hi,
I've been watching this (fascinated) silently but now I have a question...
Would it be possible to provide MIDI feedback via LBX stripper ?

Background:
I'm looking for a solution to do some live things and the stripper seems well suited for this but - for remote controlling parameters I use a BCR2000 (has endless encoders) and I'd need a way to update the encoders on snapshot changes so they always stay in sync.

Basically a solution for this:
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=94384

Initial idea for asking is the recent v5.33pre1 release since it now provides a way for scripts to send MIDI messages to external devices.
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=186593

Do you think this would be doable and if so would you be interested in doing it ?

Thanks.
Hi NoFish,

I haven't time at the moment to do more than glance at the new API - but it looks promising. I used to have a BCR2000 but gave it to a mate 10 years ago :/

If I can work out how to do it without the hardware - I do have an Impulse keyboard which has midi encoders though - then I'll take a look when I get a chance and see what I can do. I'll wait for the official release though - but that normally doesn't take too long in Reaper land!

I guess it will require some additional routing - or can you send messages directly to external midi outputs?
Old 01-21-2017, 08:00 AM   #2153
nofish

Oh cool, thanks.
Of course I'm up for testing if/when the time comes.

Quote:
can you send messages directly to external midi outputs?
Yes, that's exactly the point of the new API addition.
Here's an example script using this:

http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...0&postcount=21
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:30 AM   #2154
timbralzoom

Hi there,
i am not sure how to describe this,
One snapshot Two values?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...XFETnBaLTJfaE0

note ..audio glitches and slow snapshot switch just because of screen record..
also ignore the knob movements of upper left part (above the numbers "1 to 8")
they are all microtonic parameters and they needs two clicks if the snapshot also contains
program change (microtonic preset switch) so its normal...
there is only the red one above the 4, seems affected.

eventually i will remove-delete all the Page & Subset snapshots and will create fresh start
but this one is in the Page Snapshots so i thought i should report just in case.

EDIT:
please just ignore ... capturing same snapshot to the new snapshot fixed the thing that i was trying to report!

Last edited by timbralzoom; 01-23-2017 at 05:39 AM.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:28 AM   #2155
lb0

Quote:
Hi there,
i am not sure how to describe this,
One snapshot Two values?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...XFETnBaLTJfaE0

note ..audio glitches and slow snapshot switch just because of screen record..
also ignore the knob movements of upper left part (above the numbers "1 to 8")
they are all microtonic parameters and they needs two clicks if the snapshot also contains
program change (microtonic preset switch) so its normal...
there is only the red one above the 4, seems affected.

eventually i will remove-delete all the Page & Subset snapshots and will create fresh start
but this one is in the Page Snapshots so i thought i should report just in case.

EDIT:
please just ignore ... capturing same snapshot to the new snapshot fixed the thing that i was trying to report!
I know you said to ignore - but would still like to know what was happening in this case...

Are you saying clicking the same snapshot set two parameters to the same value? Or that one snapshot was setting a single parameter to 2 different values (when clicked more than once)?

A little confused - but I am aware of a few niggles with the snapshots system - nothing so far too bad - but would be useful to know if something was wrong.

This wouldn't be the case where they might have the same id - or it might be some residue from the fix I provided a short while back maybe?
Old 01-23-2017, 07:46 AM   #2156
timbralzoom

Quote:
I know you said to ignore - but would still like to know what was happening in this case...

Are you saying clicking the same snapshot set two parameters to the same value? Or that one snapshot was setting a single parameter to 2 different values (when clicked more than once)?

A little confused - but I am aware of a few niggles with the snapshots system - nothing so far too bad - but would be useful to know if something was wrong.

This wouldn't be the case where they might have the same id - or it might be some residue from the fix I provided a short while back maybe?
Hi,
one snapshot single parameter two value...
and yes probably related to the thing that you are already fixed,
because Page snapshots also was "old" (as the subsets before the fix)..
as i tried to say
after re capturing them to the new snapshots there is no more two values anymore.

to me its no problem anymore but
let me know if there is anything any combination that i should test and report in this case
Old 01-23-2017, 08:06 AM   #2157
lb0

Quote:
Hi,
one snapshot single parameter two value...
and yes probably related to the thing that you are already fixed,
because Page snapshots also was "old" (as the subsets before the fix)..
as i tried to say
after re capturing them to the new snapshots there is no more two values anymore.

to me its no problem anymore but
let me know if there is anything any combination that i should test and report in this case
Ah - ok cool - I do think it was probably to do with the old 'corrupt' snapshot.

Let me know if you notice anything else behaving oddly

Thanks,
Old 01-24-2017, 05:35 PM   #2158
Arthur McArthur

Hi Leon,

I'm getting an "LBX Stripper.lua:333: attempt to get length of a nil value (local 'tables')" error on opening Stripper- just started happening out of the blue.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:50 AM   #2159
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur McArthur View Post
Hi Leon,

I'm getting an "LBX Stripper.lua:333: attempt to get length of a nil value (local 'tables')" error on opening Stripper- just started happening out of the blue.
I'm guessing - but have you played with any .knb files, or fiddled with control pngs? I can't think of anything else that would run that code on startup (this early in the morning)... will think harder later...

Does it happen on a blank project?
Old 01-25-2017, 10:02 AM   #2160
Arthur McArthur

Quote:
I'm guessing - but have you played with any .knb files, or fiddled with control pngs? I can't think of anything else that would run that code on startup (this early in the morning)... will think harder later...

Does it happen on a blank project?
Not recently- I tried replacing the folder with the default one and tried on a blank project and still having the error.