Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 01-05-2013, 01:41 AM   #1
mustgroove
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper64 GUI drawing bugs with 64bit VST plugins

Reaper64 (4.32rc1 and also 4.31) is drawing GUIs incorrectly for certain 64bit VST plugins (the equivalent AU draws fine)... examples:

The black bar at the top is supposed to be at the bottom of UAD plugin windows... it also obscures the native Reaper menus (presets, the + menu, the Param button, etc) which you can only access if you drag the window to the side to expand the window width:

This behaviour is also displaying on the recently-released u-he 64bit VST 2.4 plugins:

GUI is shifted up so that the top Reaper menus are obscured, again forcing you to manually resize the window to get access to them:

Other 64bit VST 2.4 plugins draw OK so it must be something about the way Reaper64 handles these particular plugins
mustgroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:19 AM   #2
Banned

Here's another few:

ValhallaVintageVerb:

And this one is especially funny / bad, depending on your sense of humor:

Why the hell are those vertical scrollbars appearing, disappearing, and then reappearing??? Why do I only get them *when they are not needed anymore*? And why are they drawn yet disappearing underneath control elements? As I mentioned before, scrollbars are completely dysfunctional in OS X: I can't drag them, click on them, anything - they just pop up here and there to make things look uglier, but never really work. And also take a look here, just for fun.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:23 AM   #3
mustgroove

Those are def annoying but different to the ones I posted, in that the examples I've shown totally obscure the reaper plugin menu bar at the top of the GUI window, whereas yours seem intact... Probably looking at another issue altogether with yours
mustgroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:21 AM   #4
billybk1

I can also repro here as well. Also just to clarify, this is on the REAPER x4.31 Mac OSX version using the just released UAD 6.4.1 x64 Mac beta. The UAD v6.4 x64 VST versions display as expected using REAPER v4.31 on Win 7 x64 (SP1).

Cheers,

Billy Buck
billybk1 is offline   Reply With Quote