Old 02-23-2017, 12:11 PM   #2521
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings

here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...zBhMndDR1Y3WjQ

and just in case this is my settings:

EDIT:
dasombre, Thank you, i also updated to latest and seems resources/skin folder is the same
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 12:36 PM   #2522
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...zBhMndDR1Y3WjQ

and just in case this is my settings:

EDIT:
dasombre, Thank you, i also updated to latest and seems resources/skin folder is the same
please check your emails...
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 03:44 PM   #2523
timbralzoom

Thank you!
Old 02-25-2017, 03:15 AM   #2524
dasombre

Ib0, is there any way to get rid of the "red dot" on the controls?
I seem to get this randomly when using stepped buttons, no matter what I do.

I can't track down the reason. Because sometimes it comes up and sometimes it does not
In my case, I get them when changing programs (via a stepped button) on ReaControl-Midi, which I use to switch certain Nebula Programs.

Hope you know what I mean

I wanted to workaround that with a macro, but could not get macros to work in a stepped-button-manner. Thanks in advance for any hints.
dasombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 06:12 AM   #2525
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasombre View Post
Ib0, is there any way to get rid of the "red dot" on the controls?
I seem to get this randomly when using stepped buttons, no matter what I do.

I can't track down the reason. Because sometimes it comes up and sometimes it does not
In my case, I get them when changing programs (via a stepped button) on ReaControl-Midi, which I use to switch certain Nebula Programs.

Hope you know what I mean

I wanted to workaround that with a macro, but could not get macros to work in a stepped-button-manner. Thanks in advance for any hints.
I will add a setting - and default it to off. It's just an indicator anyway...
Old 02-25-2017, 06:40 AM   #2526
dasombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
I will add a setting - and default it to off. It's just an indicator anyway...
very cool. thanks a lot! looking forward
i knew that it's an indicator only, that's why I personally don't need it really and takes away a bit of the "clean" LBX experience
Old 03-02-2017, 03:21 AM   #2527
dasombre

Ib0, how is it going with the upcoming monster-update?

Quick Q: can I for now disable the red-dot by commenting out some lines in the meantime, till the new version comes out?
Old 03-02-2017, 03:40 AM   #2528
lb0

Quote:
Ib0, how is it going with the upcoming monster-update?

Quick Q: can I for now disable the red-dot by commenting out some lines in the meantime, till the new version comes out?
You dislike it that much

Yeah - in GUI_DrawControls function - find the lines:

Code:
if ctl.cycledata.posdirty == true then 
                    gfx.a = 0.8
                    f_Get_SSV(gui.color.red)
                    gfx.circle(x+4,y+4,2,1,1)              
                  end
comment out the gfx.circle line should do it...

Update is coming on nicely - happy that it is all working - and have done pretty thorough testing (famous last words!!) Been working well for about a week or so - just haven't had bags of time to tidy things a bit.

Just holding off now to do a few more tweaks to other things.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:56 AM   #2529
dasombre

hehe, jep, it quite bothers me
as I've bult myself a perfect Mammoth Eq strip which works like a Acqua where I can choose the program for each band. But on all 4 Programm-Choosers there is this red-dot which keeps telling me:"I'm not finished, I'm not perfect" It's my OCD I guess.

But thanks a lot for the hint. I will do this for now, then I can easily wait for the next update
Glad to hear that it's going well, very cool!

Thank you very much for the info!
Old 03-06-2017, 05:00 AM   #2530
Vincent Sermonne
Petit manitou

Default option for hide and show the parameters

I find the snapshot function much more flexible and functional than what the SWS extensions offer. I want to use it without having to display the buttons, faders and knobs. Only the snapshots windows. An option to hide would be perfect
Old 03-06-2017, 05:35 AM   #2531
dasombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Sermonne View Post
I find the snapshot function much more flexible and functional than what the SWS extensions offer. I want to use it without having to display the buttons, faders and knobs. Only the snapshots windows. An option to hide would be perfect
already possible
Just drag in the controls you want to snap, then right click them and un-check "visible" and when you are in Live-mode you won't see those controls again.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:03 AM   #2532
Vincent Sermonne
Petit manitou

Quote:
already possible
Just drag in the controls you want to snap, then right click them and un-check "visible" and when you are in Live-mode you won't see those controls again.
WAAAAA Thank's dasombre ! very good news !
Old 03-06-2017, 06:09 AM   #2533
dasombre

Quote:
WAAAAA Thank's dasombre ! very good news !
you're very welcome. this script is just insane
soon-ish (according to Ib0), we will be able to put controls into containers too, soo this might also help you with snapshots and keeping those controls organized.

Also check out the "subset"-feature of the snapshot-function. Here you can define certain controls and only "snap" those if needed.
Because the main snapshot "snaps" all controls which are on the track. With subsets you could maybe just snap volumes or some specific parameters that you chose before.

Just wanted to mention this too, as you are into snapshots
Old 03-06-2017, 06:13 AM   #2534
Vincent Sermonne
Petit manitou

Since its beginning I support this fabulous script but my limited English makes me miss the finesse of evolution. Leon you are a great one!
Old 03-06-2017, 06:14 AM   #2535
Vincent Sermonne
Petit manitou

Quote:
you're very welcome. this script is just insane
soon-ish (according to Ib0), we will be able to put controls into containers too, soo this might also help you with snapshots and keeping those controls organized.

Also check out the "subset"-feature of the snapshot-function. Here you can define certain controls and only "snap" those if needed.
Because the main snapshot "snaps" all controls which are on the track. With subsets you could maybe just snap volumes or some specific parameters that you chose before.

Just wanted to mention this too, as you are into snapshots
Big thx Dasombre !
Old 03-06-2017, 03:57 PM   #2536
lb0

I've finally released the update.

You'll need to grab and merge the skins and controls folder to get the new required files.

Things to note - I've added the new control Strip Switcher to the Actions & Meters section (I really need to rename that to something new now it contains a few special control types).

You can add strips to the strip switcher by right-clicking in Live mode. You can switch between strips loaded into the switcher by left clicking in live mode.

In Edit mode - controls can be dragged into a switcher by dragging them over the switcher control. Drag over the left of the control - and they get added underneath any existing controls in the switcher page. Drag over right half - and they get added to the right of any existing controls in the switcher page.

Right-click the switcher to bring up menu to add strips, add/rename/remove pages, switch pages.

Deleting a switcher gives you the option to delete all controls contained within it - or explode them out onto the main grid.

Please note - there are no boundaries on the switcher - so you can load strips of different sizes and add/remove controls unhindered - but this does mean you need to take into consideration when designing your layout that there will always be enough space so the strips do not overlap any other controls. You cannot hide controls behind controls in the switcher - as it just makes a graphical mess.

Switchers can contain other switchers, and there is no limit to the number of nested switchers - but there will be a tiny performance hit for each switcher or control contained within another switcher when redrawing - as this uses a recursive routine to work out which controls are visible and which are not. But realistically - this should be small (and hopefully barely noticeable) for normal use. I have a plan to limit this extra cpu load to only when switching visible pages in a switcher - but not got round to yet.

Controls can be dragged from any switcher to any other switcher in edit mode. You can also select all controls in a switcher (including those not on the visible page) by double clicking the switcher control. Useful for moving the entire structure about the page. Selecting just the switcher will allow you to move only the switcher control and none of the controls within the switcher.

Remove controls from a switcher by right-clicking the selected controls and choosing Ungroup.

Shift-click the switcher or controls within the switcher works like a group select. Shift-clicking the switcher selects the switcher and all contained controls. Shift-clicking a control in the switcher selects all the controls on the visible page of the switcher (like selecting a whole strip).

You can also group controls by selecting all the controls you want to group and right-clicking and selecting Group controls.

You can only ungroup controls when those selected are all from the same group.

You cannot group any controls whilst they are in a switcher control as it is the group that specifies the page of the switcher they are on. Regrouping them would just end up removing them from the switcher. So you would first need to ungroup the controls explicitly before you can regroup them for any reason.

So basically it's all about the groups - adding controls to a switcher page - basically adds them to the switcher page group.

A switcher can have as many pages as you wish.

That's about all I can think of for the moment regarding the switchers. Have a play and see how it works.

Other things...

Code tidying has started - but you shouldn't notice anything unless you analyse the code

Strips favourites can now be simply added and removed using the 'stars' next to each strip in the strip browser sidebar. No ordering is possible yet - they just get added in order you select them.

There's probably some other stuff I've done that I simply cannot remember as it's been a while since I last posted an update...

I will address any issues when I get time - life's pretty busy at the moment with work and family stuff - so I cannot dedicate as much time as I've been able to recently for a few weeks.

Cheers,
Old 03-06-2017, 07:00 PM   #2537
timbralzoom

was preparing to go to sleep ..not fair!
Old 03-06-2017, 09:18 PM   #2538
Arthur McArthur

And thusly the heavens parted and down from the clouds flowed new, better strippers unto the Earth, and indeed the people rejoiced
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:51 PM   #2539
NextLevel

lb0,

Nice...
Containers, ...oops I mean switchers f'ing rock! The level of complexity that can be achieved coupled with the ease of use is an amazing combo. I haven't had much time behind the wheel of this new feature, but I'm lovin' what I see so far. Excellent job.

Cheers!
NextLevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 12:51 AM   #2540
lb0

Quote:
was preparing to go to sleep ..not fair!
My hugest apologies... hope you got at least some sleep
Old 03-07-2017, 12:51 AM   #2541
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur McArthur View Post
And thusly the heavens parted and down from the clouds flowed new, better strippers unto the Earth, and indeed the people rejoiced
haha - nuff said!
Old 03-07-2017, 12:55 AM   #2542
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextLevel View Post
lb0,

Nice...
Containers, ...oops I mean switchers f'ing rock! The level of complexity that can be achieved coupled with the ease of use is an amazing combo. I haven't had much time behind the wheel of this new feature, but I'm lovin' what I see so far. Excellent job.

Cheers!
Thanks - hope you find useful.

I thought calling them containers was a bit confusing - due to the boundary-less nature of the control. The controls aren't really 'contained'...

Last edited by lb0; 03-07-2017 at 01:05 AM.
Old 03-07-2017, 02:29 AM   #2543
Anton9

@lb0

Killer update!

I was wondering if you might be willing to implement, or rather change something? I do allot of adding of custom actions and scripts to REAPER's action list and when I go to use them inside LBX Stripper I find that I'm always forgetting to create new action list files for importing.
I know that the lua gui doesn't have paste ability, however the ReaScript api does have user input dialogs which do support pasting. I think that's how Lokasenna got around the limitation with his RadialMenu script.

Here is a cap of what I'm talking about.

If it wouldn't be too much trouble would you be willing to do it that way for your script? It's just so much faster/convenient that way, plus there might be a little less memory consumption without having to import the list into the Stripper's search dialog.

Thank you!

Last edited by Anton9; 03-07-2017 at 02:48 AM.
Anton9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 02:56 AM   #2544
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton9 View Post
@lb0

Killer update!

I was wondering if you might be willing to implement, or rather change something? I do allot of adding of custom actions and scripts to REAPER's action list and when I go to use them inside LBX Stripper I find that I'm always forgetting to create new action list files for importing.
I know that the lua gui doesn't have paste ability, however the ReaScript api does have user input dialogs which do support pasting. I think that's how Lokasenna got around the limitation with his RadialMenu script.

Here is a cap of what I'm talking about.

If it wouldn't be too much trouble would you be willing to do it that way for your script? It's just so much faster/convenient that way, plus there might be a little less memory consumption without having to import the list into the Stripper's search dialog.

Thank you!
Ahhh - a solution!! Thanks for that - I was totally unaware of this way. I will do something similar

Any memory use for the current method is temporary however - as the list is read only when the chooser dialog is open, and then dumped afterwards.

But this is a preferable solution which I was unaware of...
Old 03-07-2017, 03:57 AM   #2545
Anton9

Awesome, I really appreciate it!

Thank you
Old 03-07-2017, 04:55 AM   #2546
lb0

Quote:
Awesome, I really appreciate it!

Thank you
No worries - done if you want to test it out.

It still reads any saved dump files if you have made any in order to establish the action name.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:09 AM   #2547
dasombre

Ib0, thank you veeery much for this huge update. I haven't got to testing it yet but hope I will get to it today as I'm very curious about the switchers

The new action.adding-method is also very handy.

Thank you big time!!
Old 03-07-2017, 07:16 AM   #2548
lb0

Bugfix released.

Scrolling the page in live mode was broken. Works again now (for those that use it).
Old 03-07-2017, 09:51 AM   #2549
timbralzoom

Ehamm..OK
this might be one of my epic senior moments...
i just couldn't figured it out to add a bunch of controls to switcher page(s)
without saving them as a strip/fav. first...

i mean add controls, group them to Switcher page 1
add more and group them to page 2,3 ... so on.

where am i, is this is wrong direction?

if its possible already a little gif demonstration would really appreciated!
Old 03-07-2017, 09:58 AM   #2550
lb0

Quote:
Ehamm..OK
this might be one of my epic senior moments...
i just couldn't figured it out to add a bunch of controls to switcher page(s)
without saving them as a strip/fav. first...

i mean add controls, group them to Switcher page 1
add more and group them to page 2,3 ... so on.

where am i, is this is wrong direction?

if its possible already a little gif demonstration would really appreciated!
Select the controls - drag them onto the switcher control (it should glow red) - drop them when it is red to add to open page. EDIT: in edit mode...

Just to be clear - you need to drag them so the mouse is over the switcher button control (which then goes red). You should notice the controls 'click into place' inline with other controls in the switcher or the switcher control itself.

EDIT2: No need to group them first - dropping them on the switcher button will automatically group them.

photo hosting

Last edited by lb0; 03-07-2017 at 11:10 AM.
Old 03-07-2017, 12:26 PM   #2551
Anton9

Quote:
No worries - done if you want to test it out.

It still reads any saved dump files if you have made any in order to establish the action name.
Works so, so much better now!

It would be cool if there was a right click option on the Stip Switcher control that would let you add selected controls to the page. The drop zones on left and right can be a little hard to activate sometimes.

Thank you once again.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:09 PM   #2552
lb0

Quote:
Works so, so much better now!

It would be cool if there was a right click option on the Stip Switcher control that would let you add selected controls to the page. The drop zones on left and right can be a little hard to activate sometimes.

Thank you once again.
Ok - have added This will not move the selected controls - but it does add them to the necessary group.

Select some controls - then right-click over a switcher control and choose Add To Switcher option.

Also - made the drop zones more responsive (this was previously dependent on grid size - only checking when a grid boundary was crossed - so big grids would not have worked at all!!). Now it's per pixel...
Old 03-07-2017, 01:13 PM   #2553
timbralzoom

Quote:
Select the controls - drag them onto the switcher control (it should glow red) - drop them when it is red to add to open page. EDIT: in edit mode...

Just to be clear - you need to drag them so the mouse is over the switcher button control (which then goes red). You should notice the controls 'click into place' inline with other controls in the switcher or the switcher control itself.

EDIT2: No need to group them first - dropping them on the switcher button will automatically group them.

photo hosting
ah-ha!
my question was belong to first version because
if i remember correctly, there was no "Add page" yesterday!

EDIT
uhmm.
just tried again "Add page" menu disappeared...trying to figure it out why.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:16 PM   #2554
lb0

Quote:
ah-ha!
my question was belong to first version because
if i remember correctly, there was no "Add page" yesterday!

EDIT
uhmm.
just tried again "Add page" menu disappeared...trying to figure it out why.
In edit mode - Make sure you don't have anything selected when RB click on switcher.

With anything selected you get normal edit menu.

In Live mode - RB click on switcher always brings up switcher menu.

EDIT: and add page has always been there - just depends which menu opens. In live mode LB click on switcher brings up page selector menu only (no add page etc).
Old 03-07-2017, 01:27 PM   #2555
timbralzoom

i was able to open Add page menu just once, at the start...
now this is what i get on every try

Old 03-07-2017, 01:45 PM   #2556
Vincent Sermonne
Petit manitou

the same for me...
Old 03-07-2017, 01:53 PM   #2557
Anton9

Quote:
Ok - have added This will not move the selected controls - but it does add them to the necessary group.

Select some controls - then right-click over a switcher control and choose Add To Switcher option.

Also - made the drop zones more responsive (this was previously dependent on grid size - only checking when a grid boundary was crossed - so big grids would not have worked at all!!). Now it's per pixel...
Thank you
Old 03-07-2017, 02:04 PM   #2558
lb0

Quote:
i was able to open Add page menu just once, at the start...
now this is what i get on every try

looking into...

Ah - i wonder if it's when you have no favourite strips? Try adding a favourite strip - then try again...

I'll look into this.

YEP - it's when you have no favourite strips... fixing...
Old 03-07-2017, 02:14 PM   #2559
lb0

Quote:
the same for me...
Should be fixed now... Sorry 'bout that!
Old 03-07-2017, 02:47 PM   #2560
timbralzoom

Thank you soOo much!
one more tiny one:
when you rename one of the pages its replaces all page names.

EDIT:
nothing urgent

Last edited by timbralzoom; 03-07-2017 at 03:03 PM.