Old 06-24-2015, 11:55 AM   #1
novaburst
Human being with feelings

Default Waves 50.00 code

Hi guys waves plugins are doing a 50.00 code voucher not sure if there's any strings attached but this is great for people who want a taste of waves but don't want to pay the full price.

You need to send email for code. Go on guys get stuck in.
Is this gonna be a great year for give away plugins ye ha
novaburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 02:00 PM   #2
Jeffsounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by novaburst View Post
Hi guys waves plugins are doing a 50.00 code voucher not sure if there's any strings attached but this is great for people who want a taste of waves but don't want to pay the full price.

You need to send email for code. Go on guys get stuck in.
Is this gonna be a great year for give away plugins ye ha
Do you have a link or email address?
Old 06-24-2015, 02:15 PM   #3
frkasper

Quote:
Get your FREE $50 Waves Gift Code: http://bit.ly/1SAo9Yk.
Downloading the Demo as I type.
frkasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 03:03 PM   #4
novaburst

Quote:
Originally Posted by frkasper View Post
Oops i sent message with my mobile dont know how to do links on it but thanks frkasper for sending the link.

http://www.waves.com/lpn/june-2015-coupon-code
Old 06-24-2015, 03:30 PM   #5
frkasper

I've played with GTR3 for a while. Really liked it. To me sounded way better than Guitar Rig 5, which I've been using for practicing. Overall I think the presets sounded very similar to the ones in my Digitech RP500 pedalboard, which are really good IMHO.

What I really did not like was the licensing scheme. I have to stick a flash drive into USB in this Ultrabook, which does not have an ethernet card and the license manager does not let the Wireless interface to be used as a device. This is annoying.

Have a couple of days to decide. Cheers,
Fabio
Old 06-24-2015, 05:03 PM   #6
Jeffsounds

Quote:
What demo? Am I missing something?
Old 06-24-2015, 05:18 PM   #7
frkasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffsounds View Post
What demo? Am I missing something?
7 days demo on any product. Never tried any of their stuff before. I was looking at GTR3 guitar amp sim suite.
Old 06-24-2015, 05:33 PM   #8
richie43

Quote:
I've played with GTR3 for a while. Really liked it. To me sounded way better than Guitar Rig 5, which I've been using for practicing. Overall I think the presets sounded very similar to the ones in my Digitech RP500 pedalboard, which are really good IMHO.

What I really did not like was the licensing scheme. I have to stick a flash drive into USB in this Ultrabook, which does not have an ethernet card and the license manager does not let the Wireless interface to be used as a device. This is annoying.

Have a couple of days to decide. Cheers,
Fabio
You do not have to use a USB with Waves anymore, you can license the computer directly. But if you want to use them on more than one computer, you need to either unlicense one to do the other, or put them on a USB.
Old 06-24-2015, 08:50 PM   #9
Barksy

I may well be wrong, but the choice is license to PC or to the cloud (enabling you to move license).

but when licensing to PC, i think i needed a USB. I thought it worked once to my wireless USB, but then later realised I had a USB at the back. When i tried to license Waves without a USB, no dice.
Barksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 12:24 AM   #10
JHA

Quote:
not sure if there's any strings attached
Well, other than supporting an Israeli company, not likely.
JHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 04:30 AM   #11
richie43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barksy View Post
I may well be wrong, but the choice is license to PC or to the cloud (enabling you to move license).

but when licensing to PC, i think i needed a USB. I thought it worked once to my wireless USB, but then later realised I had a USB at the back. When i tried to license Waves without a USB, no dice.
You have licenses in the cloud, and when you license a computer, you take them from the cloud and they go to a computer or USB. To do another computer, you either use the usb or move them from the computer back to the cloud to be moved to the next computer.
Old 06-25-2015, 09:29 AM   #12
kirk1701

That's a really good coupon. Seems a shame not to use it, but I'm not sure what I'd want. I'm leery about buying plugins because it can become a huge toilet to flush your money down, especially if you're a hobbyist.

I'm leaning toward the API 550 eq because it's low-cost and low-risk for me. Can someone give me an idea if that's a good buy? I'm not familiar with API products. Reaeq has been very useful to me. I think it sounds great, but I do like the vintage sounds.
Old 06-25-2015, 09:45 AM   #13
Arran

I use the 550 a lot, it's very good, but as a free alternative you may want to consider SlickEQ in American mode.

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=151994
Arran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:56 AM   #14
kirk1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arran View Post
I use the 550 a lot, it's very good, but as a free alternative you may want to consider SlickEQ in American mode.

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=151994
That's cool. I like free. I've been very impressed the quality of all the freeware I've used.

Last edited by kirk1701; 06-25-2015 at 10:10 AM.
kirk1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 01:54 PM   #15
novaburst

So guys what did you get with your 50.00 code voucher,

I was slowly checking out all the deals and sales and really wanted something I knew I would use often, so I got these bad boys http://www.waves.com/plugins/api-550

I thought it could add a bit of character to my mixes I love trying out different EQs on different instruments so i think these would come in handy.

it worked out with the sale price plus the code i paid £18.42 uk regular price is 250.00 dollars yer I think I got a deal.

So come on guys what you get
Old 06-25-2015, 02:08 PM   #16
ivansc

You would have saved another $5 if you had bought through Audio Deluxe.

I havent found anything I want! Am I cured of plugin lust?
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 02:20 PM   #17
KevinW

Tune is on sale for $99. If the voucher can be used on top of that, it's a steal.

http://www.waves.com/plugins/waves-t...ith-waves-tune
KevinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 02:53 PM   #18
novaburst

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
You would have saved another $5 if you had bought through Audio Deluxe.

I havent found anything I want! Am I cured of plugin lust?
I did stop buying for a while, but these waves stuff are really good deals and your not getting rubbish, your some pretty hot plugins to experiment with and use.

Audio Deluxe that a nice site sells every thing even vid software
Old 06-25-2015, 02:55 PM   #19
novaburst

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
Tune is on sale for $99. If the voucher can be used on top of that, it's a steal.

Izotopes nector suite covers most of this, but i do like the robot voice it can do at speed.
Old 06-25-2015, 03:33 PM   #20
Pook2000

Quote:
Izotopes nector suite covers most of this, but i do like the robot voice it can do at speed.
Speaking of this particular plugin, how might it work with saxophone for instance? Just a thought. Both voice and sax are wind instruments as so to speak, so I wonder would nectar suite suit a wind instrument like sax?
Pook2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 03:40 PM   #21
Mind Riot

Is Waves' CLA-2A really any better than the Rocket? Anybody got any experience?

Not really seeing anything else that's catching my eye. Or ear. You know what I mean. Already have Waves Tune, it's great, and already use one of DMG Audio's EQs which really kind of end the EQ Holy Grail search once you've used them.

If I don't end up getting anything I'll offer up my code here to someone so at least it doesn't go to waste.
Mind Riot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 04:12 PM   #22
Wilkesin

I'm considering picking up the Musicians 2 bundle since it would just be $30, but I'm just really not sure I need it since I have iZotope Alloy 2 and Nectar 2...

Also they give you the $50 voucher but then raise the price of the plugins as I've seen the Musicians 2 bundle available pretty frequently for $59 (not $79).
Old 06-25-2015, 04:43 PM   #23
chucky5p

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinW View Post

Yeap, this is an amazing deal, and if you go through audiodeluxe, you'll get it for even less (93$-50$ = 43$). I don't think Waves Tunes has never been sold for less than that.

Chuck
chucky5p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 06:05 PM   #24
ivansc

All the waves "on sale" stuff also has a sliding discount on top of the sale price according to the email I got.
30% off second one, 35% off 3, 40% off four and you still get to use your voucher.

Really pissing me off I cant find anything I want.

I already bought GTR the RenMaxx bundle and a few others on special special - dont think I paid over $30 for any of them including the RenMaxx bundle!
Only need 2 more OneKnob plugs to have gotten the whole package free!

Selective shopping at waves can save you a bunch, which I why I ran out of cheap ones to buy.
And I am too cheap to buy the expensive ones

Last edited by ivansc; 06-26-2015 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Oops! got the details of the waves sale all wrong
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 12:35 AM   #25
Arran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind Riot View Post
Is Waves' CLA-2A really any better than the Rocket? Anybody got any experience?
They're very different, but complimentary. The rocket is a fast FET style comp, good for catching peaks and smashing drum room mics, the LA2 is an opto style with a more relaxed attack and release, good for smooth levelling and vocals.
I often use them in combination on things like vocals.
Arran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 01:16 AM   #26
Mind Riot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arran View Post
They're very different, but complimentary. The rocket is a fast FET style comp, good for catching peaks and smashing drum room mics, the LA2 is an opto style with a more relaxed attack and release, good for smooth levelling and vocals.
I often use them in combination on things like vocals.
Meh. The only use I'm really thinking of is for smashing the low end of some bass tracks into a nice solid wall of growl, and the Rocket is filling that need better than anything else in my toolbox at the moment.

Anybody got anything they might want to trade for my code?
Old 06-26-2015, 02:13 AM   #27
novaburst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pook2000 View Post
Speaking of this particular plugin, how might it work with saxophone for instance? Just a thought. Both voice and sax are wind instruments as so to speak, so I wonder would nectar suite suit a wind instrument like sax?
Never really thought of that I can only imagine you would be fine

Necter suit production is pretty powerfull but when you think of it the human voice can sound like a sax or trumpet, also the human voice is the most difficult instrument to handle so I think any programming designed for the human voice is more than able to handle any type of instrument wind or electric
Old 06-26-2015, 03:22 AM   #28
vitalker

I don't need it. Can I share it with someone?
vitalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 06:39 AM   #29
jpanderson80

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk1701 View Post
I'm leaning toward the API 550 eq because it's low-cost and low-risk for me. Can someone give me an idea if that's a good buy? I'm not familiar with API products. Reaeq has been very useful to me. I think it sounds great, but I do like the vintage sounds.
API 550s are my favorite EQ plugins. At $29 ($79- $50coupon), it's a fantastic deal for 2 high quality plugins. API is very well known name, along side SSL, Neve, and a few others, and has been in the game for a long time. API may be best known for handling drums and other transient rich material, giving a meaty thickness to the low/low-mids..."punch". An interesting idea about them are the limited controls. So you can boost/cut by 2, 4, 6, 9, or 12dB. Each of those moves has a different curve - proportional curve. Do some reading on that. It's interesting. Also, the limits in dB and frequency serve me extremely well creatively. They force me to make fast decisions... it's either 40 or 50 Hz... decide and move on. Besides that, this plugin is CPU friendly, so it's easy to slap it across every track as a starting point/basic fx chain.

Kirk - they are solid tools. I know Veteran engineers who reach for the Waves 550's ITB. I know there's 19 hours left on the sale offer.

EDIT - just as a side note... I really appreciate the SLICKEQ and several features that it offers. I still love the API 550s though.

Last edited by jpanderson80; 06-26-2015 at 06:46 AM.
jpanderson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:21 AM   #30
kirk1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpanderson80 View Post
API 550s are my favorite EQ plugins. At $29 ($79- $50coupon), it's a fantastic deal for 2 high quality plugins. API is very well known name, along side SSL, Neve, and a few others, and has been in the game for a long time. API may be best known for handling drums and other transient rich material, giving a meaty thickness to the low/low-mids..."punch". An interesting idea about them are the limited controls. So you can boost/cut by 2, 4, 6, 9, or 12dB. Each of those moves has a different curve - proportional curve. Do some reading on that. It's interesting. Also, the limits in dB and frequency serve me extremely well creatively. They force me to make fast decisions... it's either 40 or 50 Hz... decide and move on. Besides that, this plugin is CPU friendly, so it's easy to slap it across every track as a starting point/basic fx chain.

Kirk - they are solid tools. I know Veteran engineers who reach for the Waves 550's ITB. I know there's 19 hours left on the sale offer.

EDIT - just as a side note... I really appreciate the SLICKEQ and several features that it offers. I still love the API 550s though.
Thanks for the advice! Much appreciated!

I ended up going with the V-Comp as it was even more low-risk for me. At $25CAD for a Neve-style compressor, it was a no-brainer. I'm going to play with SlickEQ for awhile.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:27 AM   #31
novaburst

Quote:
That's a really good coupon. Seems a shame not to use it, but I'm not sure what I'd want. I'm leery about buying plugins because it can become a huge toilet to flush your money down, especially if you're a hobbyist.

I was thinking of these two bad boys even before the sale and coupon ,
I have played with them on vocals only and with out touching the dail the difference was very pleasing,

I'm yet to give them a good run on my stems and from what I here so far it is making me very exited to get them in use
Old 06-26-2015, 08:21 AM   #32
kirk1701

Quote:
I was thinking of these two bad boys even before the sale and coupon ,
I have played with them on vocals only and with out touching the dail the difference was very pleasing,

I'm yet to give them a good run on my stems and from what I here so far it is making me very exited to get them in use
Well, crap. Now I'm second-guessing my decision.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:53 AM   #33
jpanderson80

It'll come around again.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:37 AM   #34
novaburst

Quote:
Thanks for the advice! Much appreciated!

I ended up going with the V-Comp as it was even more low-risk for me. At $25CAD for a Neve-style compressor, it was a no-brainer. I'm going to play with SlickEQ for awhile.
I think this is a good buy anything moving towards Neve in style or copy has got to be a +

Waves do produce some great replications so your in good hands
Old 06-26-2015, 10:45 AM   #35
kirk1701

Quote:
I think this is a good buy anything moving towards Neve in style or copy has got to be a +

Waves do produce some great replications so your in good hands
Awesome. I'm sure they'll have another sale.

I really wanted the REDD plugin, but I'd bet it's a CPU monster.

I'd love to have more emulations of the older tube gear from North America and the UK. I'm talking 50s and 60s, rather than 60s and 70s. This isn't to say I don't love the sweet airy cleans of Pink Floyd, but my ears are happiest curled up in the thick tube sofas of the earlier stuff. Tube desks and ribbon mics are the holy grails for me.

Last edited by kirk1701; 06-26-2015 at 11:15 AM.
kirk1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 11:09 AM   #36
vitalker

So http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...9&postcount=28 ?
vitalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:29 PM   #37
Unikorn

Offer is limited to one gift code per customer.Gift code cannot be sold, transferred to others, redeemed for cash, or applied to any other account.
Unikorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:31 PM   #38
Unikorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHA View Post
Well, other than supporting an Israeli company, not likely.
Wow.

Off I go to pass on more (yes, more) of my cash.
Unikorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 01:23 AM   #39
Mind Riot

Holy crap, I just caught that NI is running a half off sale! Kontakt 5, here I come.

Sorry Waves, no deniro for you.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:22 AM   #40
JHughes
Banned

Little AlterBoy and Little Primal Tap are on sale for $49, but I don't know if the voucher applies since I've already used mine (on Bass Rider).
JHughes is offline   Reply With Quote