Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 04-07-2012, 03:47 AM   #1
morelia
Human being with feelings

Default Waves v9 problems loading

Reaper 4.21 and 4.20.

When I try to open a project created with v8 Waves plugins (Vocal Rider, CLA Guitars) the registration fails. If I immediately close and try to reload the project (several exhibiting the same behaviour) then loads the plugins on most occasions. The plugins load fine in Wavelab which is the only host I have that is supported by Waves.

I've rescanned all Waves plugins. This also happened once when I tried to drag a new instance of Vocal Rider v9 to an adjacent track. Dragged once, worked fine, dragged twice, worked fine, dragged a third time and got the registration failed error.
morelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:17 AM   #2
planetnine

Quote:
Originally Posted by morelia View Post
Reaper 4.21 and 4.20.

When I try to open a project created with v8 Waves plugins (Vocal Rider, CLA Guitars) the registration fails. If I immediately close and try to reload the project (several exhibiting the same behaviour) then loads the plugins on most occasions. The plugins load fine in Wavelab which is the only host I have that is supported by Waves.

I've rescanned all Waves plugins. This also happened once when I tried to drag a new instance of Vocal Rider v9 to an adjacent track. Dragged once, worked fine, dragged twice, worked fine, dragged a third time and got the registration failed error.
And once again, copy-protection enhances the user experience...

>
Old 04-08-2012, 01:27 AM   #3
morelia

I'm not sure what was worse, this or iLok.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #4
Nip

Quote:
Reaper 4.21 and 4.20.

Have you tried running Reaper as administrator and see if it works better?
Nip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:13 PM   #5
morelia

Will give that a try and report back. Never had to do it with iLok though.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:53 AM   #6
morelia

Nope, running as Admin made no difference.

I should add that I have another project that crashes Reaper at the loading of Waves CLA Guitars.

Getting a bit desperate for a solution here. I contacted support but was told my only hope was to look for some troubleshooting tips on this forum. Am I the only one having problems with Waves v9?

Last edited by morelia; 04-09-2012 at 04:17 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:38 AM   #7
Nip

Quote:
Nope, running as Admin made no difference.

I should add that I have another project that crashes Reaper at the loading of Waves CLA Guitars.

Getting a bit desperate for a solution here. I contacted support but was told my only hope was to look for some troubleshooting tips on this forum. Am I the only one having problems with Waves v9?
I have no showstoppers with Waves v9 and Reaper, but reported some bugs to Waves.

They just defend themselves with "Reaper is not a supported host".

So I dare not buy more Waves stuff until there is a Reaper column among the supported daws.

But I read at KVR Audio forums that there were upgrade problems with some having v8 and upgrading. v8 were not found anymore or something like that.

There may be a screwup with running both v8 and v9, I don't know.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:13 AM   #8
morelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nip View Post
I have no showstoppers with Waves v9 and Reaper, but reported some bugs to Waves.
They just defend themselves with "Reaper is not a supported host".
So I dare not buy more Waves stuff until there is a Reaper column among the supported daws.
But I read at KVR Audio forums that there were upgrade problems with some having v8 and upgrading. v8 were not found anymore or something like that.
There may be a screwup with running both v8 and v9, I don't know.
That's a big problem that Waves don't support Reaper. All I know is v8 worked and v9 is either problematic or won't let a project load at all. For the record I'm using all v9 Waves plugins. Seems I'm in the lucky position of having a problem that neither Waves or Cockos can help with. Funny thing is the reason I finally made the break from Tracktion to Reaper was because Tracktion had Waves plugins problems. Now I'm here again.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:20 AM   #9
Coachz

Does Cockos need to start a dialog with Waves? If Reaper wants to be pro then it absolutely needs to be supported by what is arguably the largest of the pro plugin market.

Coachz Repo
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:06 AM   #10
Nip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
Does Cockos need to start a dialog with Waves? If Reaper wants to be pro then it absolutely needs to be supported by what is arguably the largest of the pro plugin market.
I think it might be just as important as a customer to specify Reaper as main host when buying Waves stuff.

But have no idea really how they go about deciding.

From Waves support response:
"That Tune works in Reaper is really great. Also we don't say it wont work, we simply cant provide much help if it wont, since we never tested it and don't have the options to do so.

At least not right now. If it will be supported in the future I also cant tell you. "

Anyway I praised Reaper and that I move from Sonar doing the 4.x upgrade(from 3.6 18 month ago).

In the end - customer is king.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:00 AM   #11
morelia

They know I use Reaper to to get any response at all from them I have to mention Wavelab as it is the only host I have they support. But ultimately the response I got was the expected we don't support Reaper. My problem continues.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:36 AM   #12
morelia

So where to now?

I was directed here by Cockos support because they had no solution. There doesn't seem to be a lot of people experiencing this and therefore the troubleshooting is not too happening. Waves only comment is no comment.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:20 AM   #13
Nip

Quote:
So where to now?

I was directed here by Cockos support because they had no solution. There doesn't seem to be a lot of people experiencing this and therefore the troubleshooting is not too happening. Waves only comment is no comment.
1. I would check if there are any updated drivers for iLok. Somewhere there is a base of drivers for the lock.

I don't know if you uninstalled v8?

I don't run anything with hardware locks now, but tried Syncrosoft stuff once(to run Cubase demo) and there were a separate install of drivers for that.

2. Otherwise have you chosen anything specific for plugins, running in a separate process or similar. I would try running it within Reaper realm as well as separate process to see if any difference. There are some settings regarding this.

3. Did you "clear the cache and rescan" Waves plugins. This is necessary since they all load the same dll, and governed by a parameter which one each instance is.

4. Did you try to remove plugin, and load v9 version for each track?
I mean within each project.

Just a bunch of ideas...

Last edited by Nip; 04-13-2012 at 03:30 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:17 PM   #14
morelia

Quote:
1. I would check if there are any updated drivers for iLok. Somewhere there is a base of drivers for the lock.

I don't know if you uninstalled v8?

I don't run anything with hardware locks now, but tried Syncrosoft stuff once(to run Cubase demo) and there were a separate install of drivers for that.

2. Otherwise have you chosen anything specific for plugins, running in a separate process or similar. I would try running it within Reaper realm as well as separate process to see if any difference. There are some settings regarding this.

3. Did you "clear the cache and rescan" Waves plugins. This is necessary since they all load the same dll, and governed by a parameter which one each instance is.

4. Did you try to remove plugin, and load v9 version for each track?
I mean within each project.

Just a bunch of ideas...
Thanks for the ideas.

Firstly, v9 Waves plugins no longer use the iLok for registration.

I did uninstall v8

I'm sorry but I don't really get what you mean by point 2.

I've cleared the cache and rescanned.

I haven't removed the plugin because 1 in about 50 time it loads and the project plays fine so it seems to me there is not really a problem so much with the plugin.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:53 AM   #15
Nip

Quote:

I'm sorry but I don't really get what you mean by point 2.
I don't know either, kind find setting in Reaper now.
Or I'm mixing up with earlier Reaper version.
Sorry about that.

Found another setting you could try though:

In plugin list, rightclick menu has an option for buggy plugins.

Try mark your problem VSTs and see if different.
(actually it might do what the setting with separate thread for plugin did, it allows for more gentle crashes)

Are these two plugins the only ones of Waves v9 that give problems?
Old 04-14-2012, 02:26 AM   #16
morelia

Quote:
In plugin list, rightclick menu has an option for buggy plugins.it allows for more gentle crashes)

Are these two plugins the only ones of Waves v9 that give problems?
No there are others that do it. H-EQ for example. But so far it appears only one that crashes on load. The others just throw up the registration failed error.

Setting as buggy plugins did nothing.

Thanks for trying to help. Much appreciated.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:35 AM   #17
morelia

Okay, this is really starting to f#*king s%$t me off. Today after about half an hour of deleting Waves, rescanning, adding waves, rescanning etc the project finally loaded. So I spend about an hour editing the track and added a Waves plugin and boom lost the whole f#*king lot. f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k f#*k.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:34 AM   #18
aviel

dude its same here.
when you load a plug it freeze everything
sometimes it works
sometime not.

its shit
aviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:43 AM   #19
aviel

no chance to get Reaper support on it?
since waves work in all Daws, i guess its something reaper team has to solve, isnt that what we're paying for?
aviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:33 PM   #20
morelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviel View Post
no chance to get Reaper support on it?
since waves work in all Daws, i guess its something reaper team has to solve, isnt that what we're paying for?
I contacted Reaper support and they sent me here to get help. So basically there is none it seems.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #21
danfuerth

Alright let me jump in on the party,

first things first I need your OS, 64 bit? 32bit?
and if you are using ASIO and what Waves version you got running, is the licence center running? Right click my computer click manage in under services is the Waves licence center running?

This seems like a licence issue
Is your clock date set wrong? check that please as that has been the problem with licence issues

I have used Waves in Reaper, Waves 7,8 and now 9 and I have never had a single issue. The only issue is trying to run waves 7+8 or 8
+9 is a pain but it can work if you do it right
So see if we can figure this out

Last edited by danfuerth; 04-14-2012 at 06:47 PM.
danfuerth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:49 PM   #22
morelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfuerth View Post
Alright let me jump in on the party,

first things first I need your OS, 64 bit? 32bit?
and if you are using ASIO and what Waves version you got running, is the licence center running? Right click my computer click manage in under services is the Waves licence center running?

This seems like a licence issue
Is your clock date set wrong? check that please as that has been the problem with licence issues

I have used Waves in Reaper, Waves 7,8 and now 9 and I have never had a single issue. The only issue is trying to run waves 7+8 or 8
+9 is a pain but it can work if you do it right
So see if we can figure this out
I agree it seems like a license issue. Just spent the last hour deleting waves, rescanning, over and over. Even tried adding the shell2vst versions but no difference.

I'm running Win7 64bit. I am using ASIO. Clock date is set right for where I am.
If Waves licence center is called Waves licence center then it does not appear in that list. I had no problem with Waves v8 under iLok but I am running all v9 Waves now. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by morelia; 04-14-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:43 AM   #23
Nip

Quote:
I agree it seems like a license issue. Just spent the last hour deleting waves, rescanning, over and over. Even tried adding the shell2vst versions but no difference.

I'm running Win7 64bit. I am using ASIO. Clock date is set right for where I am.
If Waves licence center is called Waves licence center then it does not appear in that list. I had no problem with Waves v8 under iLok but I am running all v9 Waves now. Thanks for your help.
But is Waves stating that v9 replaces v8, I mean being backwards compatible?
As I understand your project once loaded v8 plugins.

I remember when going x64 there were many plugins that had different id as x64 version, so when projects made in x86 were opened in x64 there were missing plugins in project etc(since I didn't bother to install both 32 and 64bit of the same plugin in new daw).

Are both x64 and x86 versions of Waves v9 plugins scanned into Reapers list?
Thinking if loading is actually x86 versions bridged.

That happened to me, since no difference in naming of x86 versions. I could not see in reaper what was loaded.

I removed the x86 VstPlugins folder from Reaper which had the Waves dll, and created a new one and moved all plugins but Waves there. I didn't dare moving Waves as such, since I don't know if registry references exist.

Rescanned in Reaper to just get the x64 references to Waves.

Throwing more wild ideas...
Old 04-15-2012, 02:14 AM   #24
morelia

Quote:
But is Waves stating that v9 replaces v8, I mean being backwards compatible?
As I understand your project once loaded v8 plugins.

I remember when going x64 there were many plugins that had different id as x64 version, so when projects made in x86 were opened in x64 there were missing plugins in project etc(since I didn't bother to install both 32 and 64bit of the same plugin in new daw).

Are both x64 and x86 versions of Waves v9 plugins scanned into Reapers list?
Thinking if loading is actually x86 versions bridged.

That happened to me, since no difference in naming of x86 versions. I could not see in reaper what was loaded.

I removed the x86 VstPlugins folder from Reaper which had the Waves dll, and created a new one and moved all plugins but Waves there. I didn't dare moving Waves as such, since I don't know if registry references exist.

Rescanned in Reaper to just get the x64 references to Waves.

Throwing more wild ideas...
That's right. The projects once loaded v8 but I'm having problems with v9. If the issue is backwards compatibility I'd be surprised. As I said, every so often by some miracle a project actually loads and everything plays fine. Waves CLA Guitars, DeEsser, H-EQ, Vocal Rider work as they should. But most of the time they throw up a failed registration error or completely crash the project on loading.

I run 32bit everything. I'm using Win 7 64 bit but that's it. The only directory scanned for plugs is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugIns.

Thanks for the wild ideas.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:23 AM   #25
morelia

Had a stroke of luck last night and the project loaded. So I saved the preset for each Waves plugin and deleted them. The project now loads fine. But now if I try to add a Waves plugin it throws up the Waves License Error and refuses to load. I did have one Wave plugin I was able to insert on a track but now if I try to load the project it throws the error for that plugin.

So, who can help with this. Seriously, I got rid of Tracktion because of Waves issues and now not only does Reaper have problems but there appears no support? I really have no idea what my next move should be.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:14 AM   #26
Mercado_Negro

Quote:
Had a stroke of luck last night and the project loaded. So I saved the preset for each Waves plugin and deleted them. The project now loads fine. But now if I try to add a Waves plugin it throws up the Waves License Error and refuses to load. I did have one Wave plugin I was able to insert on a track but now if I try to load the project it throws the error for that plugin.

So, who can help with this. Seriously, I got rid of Tracktion because of Waves issues and now not only does Reaper have problems but there appears no support? I really have no idea what my next move should be.
I've been following this thread for days and trying to come up with ideas It happened to me once and I just closed REAPER, restarted and loaded the project again. It hasn't happened anymore, I wish I could help you

I also contacted Waves because H-EQ has a CPU load problem when the spectrum analyzer is shown which is now about twice the load. They said they can't help me. I knew they don't support REAPER when I purchased their products but I didn't think they weren't going to provide zero help
Old 04-16-2012, 05:28 AM   #27
Nip

Quote:
Summing up a little bit I get the feel something is wrong with the install on your computer - since Tracktion gave the same problems(guessing it was on the same machine).

a) install of plugins
b) Waves license center

A few things I would try:

1. Start a new project in Reaper and load a few Waves and see if they work.
It might be something with the project or v8 references or I don't know.

2. Is you license stored at computer or a separate usb flash drive?
Something might be to slow on certain brands of flashdrives is my thinking.

Since it seems to be a timing thingy - moving licenses to flash drive might change things to the better as well.

3. Either repair or uninstall/reinstall if that is available.

Where possible, I would start the installer with Run as administrator.

Strange things happends in some installers when not getting access everywhere they need.

4. Is Wavelab also x86, or x64?
If x64, it might have something to do with running x86 stuff on x64 system.

As a test I would install Reaper and Waves as x64.
Just try a new project and see how it behaves.

5. Are you running your internet on a usb stick or something?
Are you sometimes having this up and running and sometimes not?

To get unique id for stuff for licensing it could have been done on mac address of this unit. If it sometimes is there and sometimes not it could have something to do with it.

...another bunch....
Old 04-16-2012, 05:48 AM   #28
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Quote:
Had a stroke of luck last night and the project loaded. So I saved the preset for each Waves plugin and deleted them. The project now loads fine.
- You mean without the Waves plug-ins? Or did you reload the plug-ins and presets and saved the project and that one loads?

- Does anything bad happen when you load Waves plug-ins into an empty project?

- Did I understand that right, the affected projects were initially made with v8?

- You say you're using REAPER 32 bit now. Since the v9 plug-ins in questions are 64-bit, it may be better to use REAPER 64 bit in order to avoid bit-bridging them (in case that is involved in the problem).

Quote:
But now if I try to add a Waves plugin it throws up the Waves License Error and refuses to load. I did have one Wave plugin I was able to insert on a track but now if I try to load the project it throws the error for that plugin.
- Does that also happen when you use REAPER 64 bit?

- Is your Windows on the latest patch level? The plug-ins and the license mechanism are very likely relying on 3rd-party/system modules (MSVCRT etc. "redistributables").

Quote:
So, who can help with this. Seriously, I got rid of Tracktion because of Waves issues and now not only does Reaper have problems but there appears no support?
The problem with that is: your issue is (for now) happening on your machine only and for all involved parties, it's doesn't seem to be a known problem and also the package is pretty new. I'm sorry that an unfortunate situation like this can come up, but we don't know how the licenser error gets triggered and the ones who could (perhaps) help you troubleshooting this in a more targeted way, currently don't want to support it when you use REAPER and the rest wishes they could stop by and lay hands on your computer and have to poke around a lot in the dark instead.

Also, support sent you to the forums because whenever such obscure things happen, you want to have as many experienced brains as possible thinking up ways to troubleshoot this from a distance, and all the gathered information (with conveniently embedded pics if need be etc.) and questions already asked at one place for everyone to see. I'm sorry that you end up with that as your best bet but that's the best help we can offer with this.
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:19 AM   #29
bradleyfilms

I don't know whether this'll help much, but here's a shot of my Waves folders and settings.

You'll see the folder is in Program Files x86, even though there are 64bit plugins in there. I doubt that wlc.exe (the licensing centre) would run properly if it was installed in Program Files.
Also I've given myself full permission on this folder.
My remaining x86 only plugin is in the WavesV8 folder.
This has kept the waveshells completely separate.
For backwards compatability with older projects saved with earlier plugins I installed both the x86 and x64 versions. When loading an old project Reaper knows which is which, and loads the V9 x86 versions bridged. So I save their settings as a preset, then replace them with the newer versions.
I hope some of this is of some use.
Steve

Last edited by bradleyfilms; 03-28-2013 at 04:52 PM.
bradleyfilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #30
Wilkesin

The only issue Im having now is that Reaper thinks the waveshell is x86 even if Im dead certain Im pointing to the x64 waveshell and it's bridging all the plugins.

Reaper x64 obviously...
Old 04-16-2012, 12:38 PM   #31
Wilkesin

Never mind. Fixed it with the Toneboosters permissions trick. Go to the appropriate waveshell file right click > properties > security tab > advanced button > owner tab > Edit button > select the user account you are currently logged into > ok button to close all windows.

Point reaper VST scan to this waveshell. Works like a charm.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:41 AM   #32
morelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
- You mean without the Waves plug-ins? Or did you reload the plug-ins and presets and saved the project and that one loads?
The project loads fine without any Waves plugins. If I try to load a Waves plug it throws the registration failed error. The stroke of luck was that the project that never loads for some reason loaded and played perfectly. So I saved all the Waves presets to try loading Waves plugs again from scratch.

Quote:
- Does anything bad happen when you load Waves plug-ins into an empty project?
99% of the time it throws the failed registration error. Ocassionally a Waves plug will load and I can save the projet but then when I try to open the project again it almost always fails the registration.

Quote:
- Did I understand that right, the affected projects were initially made with v8?
Yes, but as I said above, I have by some miracle had the project open for me, deleted all Waves plugins, loaded the v9 installed plugins and the exact same error comes up.

Quote:
- You say you're using REAPER 32 bit now. Since the v9 plug-ins in questions are 64-bit, it may be better to use REAPER 64 bit in order to avoid bit-bridging them (in case that is involved in the problem).
I'm using the 32bit versions in Reaper 32bit. I don't want to go 64bit because not all the plugins I use support it.

Quote:
- Does that also happen when you use REAPER 64 bit?
I'm not using 64bit Reaper.

Quote:
- Is your Windows on the latest patch level? The plug-ins and the license mechanism are very likely relying on 3rd-party/system modules (MSVCRT etc. "redistributables").
Absolutely up to the minute up to date.

Quote:
The problem with that is: your issue is (for now) happening on your machine only and for all involved parties, it's doesn't seem to be a known problem and also the package is pretty new. I'm sorry that an unfortunate situation like this can come up, but we don't know how the licenser error gets triggered and the ones who could (perhaps) help you troubleshooting this in a more targeted way, currently don't want to support it when you use REAPER and the rest wishes they could stop by and lay hands on your computer and have to poke around a lot in the dark instead.

Also, support sent you to the forums because whenever such obscure things happen, you want to have as many experienced brains as possible thinking up ways to troubleshoot this from a distance, and all the gathered information (with conveniently embedded pics if need be etc.) and questions already asked at one place for everyone to see. I'm sorry that you end up with that as your best bet but that's the best help we can offer with this.
Thanks for explaining. I just really want some help and it get a bit frustrating when there appears to be none. I hope I don't come across as not appreciating the help I am being given. Quite the opposite. I just want to keep trying until I sort htis out and it is really frustrating not being able to run a project that ran perfectly prior to v9 Waves.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:15 AM   #33
morelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyfilms View Post
I don't know whether this'll help much, but here's a shot of my Waves folders and settings.

You'll see the folder is in Program Files x86, even though there are 64bit plugins in there. I doubt that wlc.exe (the licensing centre) would run properly if it was installed in Program Files.
Also I've given myself full permission on this folder.
My remaining x86 only plugin is in the WavesV8 folder.
This has kept the waveshells completely separate.
For backwards compatability with older projects saved with earlier plugins I installed both the x86 and x64 versions. When loading an old project Reaper knows which is which, and loads the V9 x86 versions bridged. So I save their settings as a preset, then replace them with the newer versions.
I hope some of this is of some use.
Steve
I thought we had something here. I tried what Wilkesin suggested but there was no change. Then I tried the bradleyfilms method and the project instantly loaded smoothly. I loaded again and the was a crash on the CLA Guitar plugin but a 3rd load worked beautifully. So I tried replacing each Waves plugin in the project and it seemed to be working until I'd done 3. On the 4th Waves plugin I got the dreaded Registration Failed error.

I've just closed the project and successfully opened it. Apart from the occasional crash on CLA Guitars it seems to be loading most of the time. I've noticed a weird pattern though. I can load 3 Waves plugins but on the 4th I get the Registration Failed error and need to reload the project to add more Waves, which then work fine. So it seems to have partially fixed the problem allowing me to open the project and add 3 Waves plugins at a time. An improvement but still annoying and somehow stranger than before.

Thanks for getting me this far bradleyfilms
Old 04-17-2012, 05:16 AM   #34
Wilkesin

You changed the "owner" to your specific account and not the generic "administrator" in the permissions, right? And your sure that was your 32 bit waveshell and Reaper is pointing to this waveshell...did you try to maybe uncheck 'buggy plugin compatibility mode' or whatever it's called in Reaper prefs?

Something is definitely strange on your setup. Wish we could figure out what it is.

Oh. If you are feeling really bold/desperate I guess you could uninstall waves, look into your registry and delete the key at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Waves and then re-install...

I take no responsibility for what may come of that though....
Old 04-17-2012, 07:49 PM   #35
morelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkesin View Post
You changed the "owner" to your specific account and not the generic "administrator" in the permissions, right? And your sure that was your 32 bit waveshell and Reaper is pointing to this waveshell...did you try to maybe uncheck 'buggy plugin compatibility mode' or whatever it's called in Reaper prefs?

Something is definitely strange on your setup. Wish we could figure out what it is.

Oh. If you are feeling really bold/desperate I guess you could uninstall waves, look into your registry and delete the key at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Waves and then re-install...

I take no responsibility for what may come of that though....
I wish for that too.

I'm just using the waveshell installed in the Program Files (x86) sub directory which has always been the 32 bit installation. I went throught the permission setup as you specified.

I'm really not sure where the buggy plugin mode is selected sorry.

Another day here and I loaded to the same error message for every Waves plug. On the second try the plugins loaded though.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:54 AM   #36
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

You mentioned CLA crashing occasionally. This might be a completely unrelated issue but the crash log could be interesting nonetheless. Please check this thread about retrieving older crash logs: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=36653

Quote:
I'm not using 64bit Reaper.
That question was meant to ask if you could install REAPER 64 bit parallel/portable just to check if the same happens there. Please see this thread (point 2. "You want to install v4 in addition to v3, or use multiple installs of v4") about this:

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=84829

The reason is, the only place where I could find a somewhat similar problem is here:

http://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewt...3e7bf355c63cc9

There's no solution either, sorry but the common thing is that the OP is using the 32 bit version as well.

Another post/rant about a strange WLC behavior:

https://www.steinberg.net/forum/view...137476#p133514

It mentions some sort of virtual device being used by the WLC to store licenses but not working properly, problem being circumvented by installing the licenses on a USB stick.
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:11 AM   #37
morelia

Quote:
Thanks for posting that. Seems to be the same issue I'm having.

I'm currently trying what you suggested by installing the 64 bit version of Reaper.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:58 AM   #38
morelia

Installed Reaper 64bit and located WaveShell-VST 9.0_x64.dll in C:\Program Files\VstPlugIns\Waves. The problem project loads perfectly, albeit without any non waves plugins. So I guess the issue is now pinpointed. So the question is, do I wait for a 32bit fix, or learn to live without some of my favorite plugins and go 64bit?

P.S. Thanks for the help everyone offered.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:36 AM   #39
bradleyfilms

Reaper64 should work with your x86 plugins, albeit bridged.
Copy and paste your favourite ones to a new folder (so Reaper wont be rescanning the other Waveshell, it's a "belt and braces" approach I know).
Then add that folder so it's in the first position in your VST list (mine looks like this C:\VST32;C:\VST64)
Steve
Old 04-19-2012, 08:10 AM   #40
Nip

Quote:
Installed Reaper 64bit and located WaveShell-VST 9.0_x64.dll in C:\Program Files\VstPlugIns\Waves. The problem project loads perfectly, albeit without any non waves plugins. So I guess the issue is now pinpointed. So the question is, do I wait for a 32bit fix, or learn to live without some of my favorite plugins and go 64bit?

P.S. Thanks for the help everyone offered.
Since Cubase seems to generate the same problem, Waves are so supply a fix for it.

Thereby was my former question if your Wavelab was x64 or not! If x64, x86 version might also have problem doing authorization of Waves stuff.

But as said - I have no problems with x86 plugins so far i x64. If Reapers bridging is not doing the job Jbridge might. Greater chance of working than Waves getting a fix soon.