Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 03-29-2014, 04:07 PM   #1
Wilkesin
Human being with feelings

Default No sound. Win 8.1 M-audio Fast Track Ultra

I would really like Reaper to work again. That would be awesome. I've pretty much moved over to Studio One which is why I havent really given a lot of time to fixing this issue, but I feel like it is time.

Im using Windows 8.1 Pro with the most current drivers for my M-audio Fast Track Ultra. I have had no issues with Studio One at all, but I can not get any sound out of Reaper whether using the ASIO driver for my interface or even the generic sound drivers for my computer's internal sound card. It just doesnt make any sense, but it is infuriating at this point.

I searched through the forums and found a couple of other references to other users having the same problem with the only fix mentioning trying to roll back the ASIO driver to the previous version. I dont feel like I should have to do that if the current driver works with other DAWs.

Any thoughts on how to proceed are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 03-29-2014, 05:54 PM   #2
Wilkesin
Human being with feelings

Got the internal soundcard working. Pilot error. So the issue is the newest ASIO driver, but I still feel like this is a Reaper issue because the new driver works in other DAWs. What would cause such a compatibility issue?