Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 02-21-2015, 05:31 AM   #1
CornerBoy
Human being with feelings

Default Love it! Automation, and time zoom/select

Hello Reaper world! I hope this is ok to post - been working on setting up my Reaper for 90+hours and there's a few bits I would love any steering on if possible.

1. Is it possible to hide the automation when a media cut isn't placed on a track? Basically some of my tracks will have more than 1 media cut at different times along it and it would be so good if that long volume automation envelope could only show when there's audio and not in-between.

2. Is there a way to single click to add automation points/dots?? At the moment I've got it to a shortcut of pressing shift+click but I use this function loads, so a single click would be amazing if possible.

3. The time selection you can highlight at the top then allows you to 'zoom to time selection' in a sub menu. Is there a way to automatically do this? So you highlight a selection of time at the top of the project and then that becomes your zoomed in area automatically....

4. Is there a way of putting in a logo/image into the theme that would sit say in on a mixer fader or in the arrange track info section?? This one is purely for fun.

Am very very impressed with Reaper. A previous DAW has massively let me down after 15 years as its upgraded and made my old work flow untenable - in a twisted way I'm pleased as otherwise I wouldn't have found Reaper. Big learning curve but big respect to you all and excited about the possibilities.

Thanks so much for reading and any advice in advance. Massively appreciated.
CornerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 06:56 AM   #2
Junke

Hi!

1. Don´t think so, do you mean like automation clips? They´ve been requested though.
2. Yes, preferences-> mouse modifiers -> envelope segment, change left drag to insert point
3. I think you can do this, create a macro to replace the action you set your loop with, in this macro add the desired zoom command.

I´m pretty new with reaper as well so i hope it will work out as i think.
Junke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 07:49 AM   #3
Banned

Re: 1: you may want to check out the pre-release subforum (hint hint, nudge nudge).
Old 02-26-2015, 04:36 AM   #4
CornerBoy

Nice one - thanks so much for the replies. The pre-release makes me super happy and looking forward to playing with Macro's - really appreciate the heads up.
CornerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote